DC MAY SOLICITS 2019

Agent DC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Adam Strange

DC MAY SOLICITS 2019

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:51 pm

https://www.newsarama.com/43979-dc-comi ... tions.html

-James Tynion & Freddie E. Williams return with the third and final installment of Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

-Snyder and Capullo bring us Batman: last Knight on Earth

-Forever Evil 2: electric boogaloo, DC's Year of the Villain, begins

-Tom Taylor gives a take of Batman in the Zombie Apocalypse in DCEASED #1

-Batman & the Outsiders might finally start

-Terminus Agenda ends in Teen Titans #30

-The character Assassination of Wally West concludes

-Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 releases

-Knightmares finally ends and Bruce finally gets wind that Flashpoint Thomas Wayne is alive in Batman #70

-Batman and the Grim Knight face off in the Batman who laughs #5

-Catwoman gets an annual

-We find out who is the Arkham Knight in Detective Comics #1004

-Detective Comics gets a second Annual with Batman going through his most bizarre cases

-Flash year One starts in the Flash

-Hal finds himself trapped in his ring with an entire universe inside it in Green Lantern #7

-Essence returns in Redhood: Outlaw #34
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Re: DC MAY SOLICITS 2019

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 am

- Last Knight on Earth sounds pretty good from what we've heard of it. Snyder is a great writer who's not without his fair share of problems, whose heart is always in the right place I think. So I'm always open to whatever story he wants to do. The whole concept of Batman wandering a post apocalyptic land with a talking head sounds like the bonkers stuff I'd love. Only issue is that it's the Joker's head, and I'm pretty tired of Snyder's love affair with the Joker. Still looking forward to it.

- I'll admit I'm somewhat interested in Tom Taylor's DCeased event. Batman appears to be a huge part of the story, and Tom Taylor has earned my respect for his work. I'm hoping it's more than just a repackaging of Marvel's Zombies.

- Heroes in Crisis is doing quite the number on King's reputation, and that pleases me to no end. Good thing the guy is a complete moron who has his head buried so deep inside his own ass that he can't see all the damage he's been doing to his career. It seems the guy has a habit of tuning out all the criticism and only listening to the twitter sycophants who sing and parrot his praises. It's all ultimately good though, because he keeps burying himself deeper and deeper, so more power to him.

- Not sure who cares about King's Batman anymore, aside from the BatCat fanatics. I'm still surprised King has chosen to ruin another creators character with Flashpoint's Thomas Wayne. His inclusion feels so out of place in the suffocatingly small world that King has made for Batman. Not to mention that the whole idea of Thomas joining with Bane in order to forcibly make Bruce quit being Batman is hilariously horrid, especially when you remember that Bane is actively destroying Bruce's life, and even went as far as to steal his "happiness" by ruining the BatCat wedding, which according to King would've been something Thomas would be totally jazzed about.

- After the disappointing Grim Knight origins that we got, I'm not sure of how much I'm looking forward to see a showdown between him and Bruce. Still I'm hoping he could pull off something cool in the fight, cause losing to Gordon doesn't make him look so impressive.

- Tomasi certainly set up an intriguing mystery surrounding the Arkham Knight's identity. Even after reading through his DC#1000 short I'm not sure who it could be. Interested to learn more about this new version of the character.

- Man I love Grant Morrison. I really need to get on the Green Lantern train, because the GL world is one of my favorite in the DCU, and Grant is just delightful. This is what comics should be I think, a medium where creativity should be running unhindered, rather than being constrained by a need to adhere to what came before.
1 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 pm

A lot of new books coming out. This month seems to be a wait and see one. DCeased seems different and Tamasi will enter his second arc which is great, I see Zatanna on the cover of issue 1004 buuut also Catwoman so meh. I wonder how large the scope of Bruce's Battle with the Arkham Knight will be for Zatanna to get involved? Maybe magic will play a part in the story somehow.

All in all, it looks to be a fun month.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 pm

There's no getting around Catwoman at this point I have to admit, much to my personal chagrin. Still the fact that Zee is pretty much front and center on the cover right under Bruce himself, which is much better than what we had during the New 52. I'll say it again because it bears repeating, I'll always give props to Tynion for re-introducing Zee into Bruce's life, and even going as far as re-establishing their romantic history, as light as it might've been.

At a time where every writer has a Cat shaped crosshair trained on them, Tynion stands out by re-introducing the idea of Batman being romantically involved with anyone not named Catwoman. It ultimately didn't matter and was swapped under the rug pretty quickly, not helped by how one sided Tynion made the whole thing be (in fear of prosecution no doubt), but he still deserves props for it. Hoping that Tomasi does something with that, even though the idea of including Zee in Bruce's close circle once again is still pretty huge on its own.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:11 pm

ARB wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 am
- Man I love Grant Morrison. I really need to get on the Green Lantern train, because the GL world is one of my favorite in the DCU, and Grant is just delightful. This is what comics should be I think, a medium where creativity should be running unhindered, rather than being constrained by a need to adhere to what came before.
Sharp and Morrison's GL run has been great so far! Very lush and deep, narratively speaking.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison