Doomsday Clock

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Re: Doomsday Clock

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Not a big fan of Johns writting and I am not a fan of crossing over the dcu with the watchmen. to me its like eating your breakfast will taking your morning dump. You totally do but maybe dont. With that being said I am loving doomsday clock and just waiting for him to Fuck this up.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

ARB
Justice League

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Bickerton wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm
Not a big fan of Johns writting and I am not a fan of crossing over the dcu with the watchmen. to me its like eating your breakfast will taking your morning dump. You totally do but maybe dont. With that being said I am loving doomsday clock and just waiting for him to Fuck this up.
Finally someone who agrees with me. It was getting pretty lonely being the only one enjoying Doomsday Clock around here. I don't usually like Johns either, but this is by far the best work I've seen from him since the New 52 started. I don't care about protecting the sanctity of Watchmen. Any comic, no matter how great or seminal, shouldn't be treated as some holy bible that can never be touched. If the publisher has a good idea, I'm willing to see what it is. Doomsday Clock has been great so far, and if it stumbles later on, I don't believe that would ruin my enjoyment of the original Watchmen, or affect its legacy. DC is putting out a good book and I'm willing to tag along to see where it goes.
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am

https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-flash-c ... ty-change/

What would you guys make of this?
It does seem to confirm that post rebirth will be a mix of pre-new52 and new52 after all.

And could this hopefully mean something for Bruce and Diana?
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

ObiWanTran wrote:

It does seem to confirm that post rebirth will be a mix of pre-new52 and new52 after all.

Oh I hope so. Firstly ofcourse that Bruce and Diana remember what they almost had and secondly I want Martian Manhunter to come back and Cyborg to leave the JL. I swear Cyborg i the most boring character I have ever seen.
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:17 pm

eurongreyo wrote:
ObiWanTran wrote:

Oh I hope so. Firstly ofcourse that Bruce and Diana remember what they almost had and secondly I want Martian Manhunter to come back and Cyborg to leave the JL. I swear Cyborg i the most boring character I have ever seen.
I can't think of a good way to make Bruce and Diana remember what they almost had, but God that would be so sweet though.

Honestly, it's not just because of bmww, but my favorite JL roster has to be the DCAUs. Clark, Bruce, Diana, Wally (could have been Barry too), J'onn, John and Shayera. THE BEST JL.

Thr rebirth one is fine but it needs a Shayera/Diana type of friendship and yeah, MM needs to be a part of JL, cyborg should be Teen Titans
1 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm

ObiWanTran wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:17 pm
eurongreyo wrote:
ObiWanTran wrote:

I can't think of a good way to make Bruce and Diana remember what they almost had, but God that would be so sweet though.

Honestly, it's not just because of bmww, but my favorite JL roster has to be the DCAUs. Clark, Bruce, Diana, Wally (could have been Barry too), J'onn, John and Shayera. THE BEST JL.

Thr rebirth one is fine but it needs a Shayera/Diana type of friendship and yeah, MM needs to be a part of JL, cyborg should be Teen Titans
The only way I see is Dr Manhattan giving back those 10 years.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 am

If they used the attitude of the teen titans go cyborg in the comic he would be really popular. They made him totally the opposite of that. The fun loving geek who loves 80's tv shows like the golden girls video games and barbaque. If they did that with more adult story telling while in the JL he would be hugely popular. I like it for what it is especially when they do the fourth wall stuff and 80's references and music videos those are the best episodes not the fart joke ones though
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:45 am

Loved the fact that Bruce went undercover to interview Reggie. And if Im not mistaken that there at the end was Saturn Girl or Doc in disgiuse. Im trying to piece together Docs plan from the issue we have gotten so far but Im coming up blank. All in all Im enjoying this comic more than I thought I would.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm

eurongreyo wrote:
Loved the fact that Bruce went undercover to interview Reggie. And if Im not mistaken that there at the end was Saturn Girl or Doc in disgiuse. Im trying to piece together Docs plan from the issue we have gotten so far but Im coming up blank. All in all Im enjoying this comic more than I thought I would.
Couldn't Batman interview Reggie in his home? The whole set up seem redundant he feed him and gave him a bath Reggie was willing to comply with Batman in the first place he could have just got the info he wanted from him then but nope.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:43 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm
eurongreyo wrote:
Couldn't Batman interview Reggie in his home? The whole set up seem redundant he feed him and gave him a bath Reggie was willing to comply with Batman in the first place he could have just got the info he wanted from him then but nope.
I guess so but I think this way kinda expanded Reggies character with the whole a tale of two prisons.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:33 pm

eurongreyo wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:43 pm

I guess so but I think this way kinda expanded Reggies character with the whole a tale of two prisons.
That's John's writing for you. For every "cool" moment their is just dumb contrived moments. John's just isn't a good writer for this sort of character driven plot or just comics where the plot is the driving force. The dude is the Micheal Bay of comic writers.
1 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:54 pm

still hate the pace could kings idiocy on batman have forced him to slow down the writing on this event if it did another reason why I do not like it
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 am

The time between issue 5 and 6 is now 3 months. By this rate shit wont end till 2020.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Thu May 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Ok DC has started to heat up. So many references to characters from different times in the DC universe, especially JSA. It is hinted that one of the members of the JL is actually DR Manhattan and that he is making metahumans which is really interesting. Batman is in the hands of an angry mob but Im not sure we have been told why do the people hate him so much. Maybe I missed something, if I did please feel free to tell me. And finally Joker meeting Mime and Marionette will be interesting. I have been really enjoying this series. Its a shame it takes so long for issues to come out. Next issue is in august so it wil be even longer than two months this time.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:23 am

Have you guys been keeping up with DC? Just read issue 7 and shit is getting real. We finally see Doc and it seems he is going to fight Superman. Loved this series up to this point.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:58 am

I think doomsday clock is now set in the new merged pre and new 52 past. This will explain why superman intially retired and started a family with lois. Though batman will still work in the shadows diana will probably work for the deo or other government agency that could explain her eventual relationship with Trevor. Probably the last time they see each other is when lois had jon in the new continuity or in some new adventure over the years infrequently like tom kings version of the 1000 year demontrap that bruce and diana were in. So this new continuity is set in the past with the start of the superman lois lane marriage and having jon in this new time line will be the starting point for the new merged continuity. Hopefully they will add that Bruce and Diana did date as well but because of not seeing each they unfortuntely drifted apart during this time and they gravitated unfortunately for us to their so called true loves. Though a times past comic about their relationship written by either Jimenez or Rucka will be great if they do that eventually . So I guess when they did that death battle for Wonderwoman and Batman when it claimed she dated both for a time was right after all
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am

The war has finally begun. Its interesting to see that only the Trinity isnt fighting Manhattan. That cant be coincidental. After 9 issues I still dont get why Manhattan influenced the DC universe so much but I guess well find out in the next 4 months. One of the most interesting theories is that Doc didnt se Superman but Superboy Prime trying to kill him which would be incredible. Gary Franks art is amazing as always.
1 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 am

After all this time, Doomsday Clock is finally over. If im being honest I expected some major universe altering event to occur but alas that didnt happen. This whole book, and specially the last issue is a love letter to Superman and the ideals he embodies which Im totally fine with. There were some great easter eggs like mention of Hulk and Thor but the most interesting one has to be Bruces long lost daughter that might come in the future.. All in all really liked this series.
0 x