Dick/kori or dick/babs

Fri May 22, 2020 1:47 am

Me personally I ship dick/kori cause i grew up with teen titans
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Re: Dick/kori or dick/babs

Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 am

I don't care either way. I don't particularly like Dick as a character or care what happens to him nor do I like or care about Babs-girl but I don't mind Starfire so I guess she wins by default, her design is pretty cool so Kori for the win.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sun May 31, 2020 6:42 pm

Yeah I think Dick and Kori would be my pick, but I really hate when they try and hook Bruce up with Barbra. He's like, her uncle. It just feels wrong. Because of that I don't really mind Dick and Barbra, but taking that out of it yeah I think him and Kori work best.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Sidekick Trainee

Sun May 31, 2020 11:28 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 am
I don't care either way. I don't particularly like Dick as a character or care what happens to him nor do I like or care about Babs-girl but I don't mind Starfire so I guess she wins by default, her design is pretty cool so Kori for the win.
why dont you like i am curious
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:01 am

Why I don't like Dick as a character?

Well that's pretty simple, I think he is the perfect example of a aimless character that literally does nothing and serve no purpose. He was once a more compelling character back in the 80's but ever since then DC have been robbing his character of agency and smoothing all of his edges to the point where most people perceive him as flawless.

I could go on and on but I'll leave it there for now.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Batgirl is straight up Nightwing's "Catwoman". Ever since DC started to push Batgirl as Nightwing's end-all, be-all during the late 90's Nightwing character started to get derailed to the point now they've no idea what to do with the character. And it's the worse type of will-they-won't-they star-crossed lovers nonsense full of bitching and cheating melodrama crap . Same as the Batcat pairing.
The Nightwing/Starfire pairing happened organically and served to develop both characters to put them in a place that would give them new exciting roles in the wider DCU.
Then the TAS cartoon happened and the editors looking for something to mindless copy retcon Nightwing and Oracle entire history badly several times to push this pairing without ever really committing to it, and all it served was to hole these characters to these spots that's really limited and boring. Now Nightwing's nothing but a poor man's Daredevil.
0 x