Damian Waynes Future

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Damian Waynes Future

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:13 pm

I just found an interesting article about the future of my favourite Robin Damian Wayne and how he might turn out to become evil after all, after initially rejecting such a path, or at least become a more lethal crimefighter.

https://screenrant.com/theory-damian-wa ... rk-future/
According to the Legion and their knowledge of their past, there's a very strong possibility that Damian will become an incredibly dark force in the DC Universe. So much so that he was being compared to Hitler, which is never a good thing. While Brainac 5 counters, saying that the comparison is unfair and that they're trying to avoid the outcome that leads to Damian's future darkness, it's quite possible that Damian's path has already begun going in that direction.
I don´t know how I feel about this. I hope that if Damian turns evil he will ultimately be redeemed
Spoiler: Show
like in Batman Beyond where he lead the League of Assassins.
So yeah, this is both concerning but also exciting for me... and definately good story telling, alltough I wish the story wouldn´t be spread across so many different books. Well, I guess that will change once he gets his new solo series. Which I am very happy about. Been waiting for that for years. Hope it won't get canceled like so many books right now.

I hope that if DC turns him into a villain they at least make him a strong one. But judging from the previews I don´t have to worry about that since Damian will enlist in some sort of tournament, proving his martial arts skill is great. Possibly on the same level as (Rebirth) Cassandra Cain?

What do you think about this? Does this concern you or do you get a sense of satisfaction of Damian ultimately submitting to his dark heritage?

I know he is a controversial character. So I´ll try to be not too mad if you make negative comments about him ;) Just tell me anything at all about Damian and let us have a conversation!
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Re: Damian Waynes Future

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:10 pm

That song fits Damians new direction so we'll!
He really is the Mordred of the Bat family right now.

https://genius.com/Blind-guardian-mordreds-song-lyrics

"Nothing else
But laughter is around me
Forevermore
No one can heal me
Nothing can save me
No one can heal me
I've gone beyond the truth
It's just another lie
Wash away the blood on my hands
My father's blood
In agony we're unified

I never wanted to be
What they told me to be
Fulfill my fate then I'll be free
God knows how long
I tried to change fate"
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:35 am

I don't really like Damian, so whatever he does doesn't sway me to liking him.
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:09 am

Chaosmob wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:35 am
I don't really like Damian, so whatever he does doesn't sway me to liking him.
Are you mad at something he did, or just uninterested, Chaos?
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 am

I think it's his creation that annoy's me. Test tube baby or Talia secretly was pregnant (after drugging Bruce to bed her) annoy's the crap out of me. Also his attitude, Bruce wasn't like that as a child. He needs a swift ass kicking in my books.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 am

Chaosmob wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 am
I think it's his creation that annoy's me. Test tube baby or Talia secretly was pregnant (after drugging Bruce to bed her) annoy's the crap out of me. Also his attitude, Bruce wasn't like that as a child. He needs a swift ass kicking in my books.
I can understand the Talia problem. I had an rpg with someone who heavily disliked the idea so we changed it to Talia seducing Bruce and Bruce falling for it in a moment of passion and then Talia having a mostly normal pregnancy.

And yeah, Damian can have a nasty attitude, he didn´t get it from Bruce but from his upbringing. And he got nasty asskickings from Tim pre 52, and a literal asskicking from Powergirl pre Rebirth. Oh, and Jim Gordon put him in a wristlock pre 52. He also often suffered injuries on missions. Damian all endured that without ever complaining. So you really have no reason to ask for more. Maybe I should, though. Seeing a teen or adult beat up a preteen boy disturbs me for some reason, even though Damian is tough...I don´t know if you understand. I once even drew a little comic about him fighting Tim to a draw, which was cathartic. I lost some pictures, though so I can´t upload it fully anymore. Sorry.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:34 am

Hey you can like him, he just isn't my cup of tea. :) Heck I hate Cassie Sandsmark aka The second Wondergirl. I feel she is just an odd addon to the wonderclan.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:00 am

Chaosmob wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:34 am
Hey you can like him, he just isn't my cup of tea. :) Heck I hate Cassie Sandsmark aka The second Wondergirl. I feel she is just an odd addon to the wonderclan.
And you can dislike him all you want. By now I have long accepted that a part of the Fandom will never fully accept him. Thanks for saying so, though. That's more than get from some people. One particular ignorant one even said I have bad taste for liking him...

You hate Cassie? I think she is okay, not remarkably bad or good. Donna might be better. Funny that she is Damians girlfriend not Tim's anymore in World's End.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:13 pm

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/04/2 ... new-series

Only one more week to wait until Damians new solo series debuts :D

And Connor Hawke is also back.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:21 pm

So Robin #1 came out today and I am currently reading it. Really like it so far, duh. It takes Damian seriously, which I haven´t seen everywhere. You´d not see Jim Gordon of all people get the drop on this character.
Spoiler: Show
He just curb-stomped King Snake! Thats impressive. Also didn´t know that Snake is Bane´s father. Looks awfully young for that.
The whole thing is basicly one big tournement arc with Dc´s best martial artists (well, except Cass). And those are always fun, right?
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft