‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

ISAK
Titan

‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Cautiously optimistic for this. I just hope they treat Wonder Woman well.
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:45 pm

...okay.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:56 pm

Love GoT but I doubt this is for me.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:01 pm

I'm actually pumped for this. Sounds like a good story, hopefully!!! Keeping fingers-crossed.
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Wow. Looks like this is gonna be fire.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:56 pm

I guess when people are actually excited about this I can give it a shot, too. Just wonder how a larger than life good guy like Clark fits into gritty medieval. I guess we'll see.

Another point I want to make is that DC still produces still some interesting books. It isn't ALL shit. Things aren't black or white.
1 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:16 am

Ghost13 wrote:
I guess when people are actually excited about this I can give it a shot, too. Just wonder how a larger than life good guy like Clark fits into gritty medieval. I guess we'll see.

Another point I want to make is that DC still produces still some interesting books. It isn't ALL shit. Things aren't black or white.
That’s what I’m interested to see as well is how they’ll write Clark’s character. It’s really easy to imagine Bruce and Diana as the king/queen of a kingdom since in comics they’re both pretty much royalty (Bruce more of a hypothetical sense). I can only see Clark being that farm town boy who would live in a suburb with a white picket fence. Just imagining him as a king feels off to me, so I really would like to see how the writers do this. Who knows, maybe Bruce and Clark won’t even have their own kingdoms, instead being Knights of different ones. Ik they obviously wouldn’t do this but imagine Bruce being Diana’s Knight. The Princess and her Knight indeed :D
2 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:15 am

As Clark yeah it does feel weird. But as Superman he does reign over Metropolis , poor petty crimes.. lol. I'm excited to see where this goes, I'm hoping that they don't do a Superwonder story line. If so. I'm out.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:14 am

Niloc wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

That’s what I’m interested to see as well is how they’ll write Clark’s character. It’s really easy to imagine Bruce and Diana as the king/queen of a kingdom since in comics they’re both pretty much royalty (Bruce more of a hypothetical sense). I can only see Clark being that farm town boy who would live in a suburb with a white picket fence. Just imagining him as a king feels off to me, so I really would like to see how the writers do this. Who knows, maybe Bruce and Clark won’t even have their own kingdoms, instead being Knights of different ones. Ik they obviously wouldn’t do this but imagine Bruce being Diana’s Knight. The Princess and her Knight indeed :D
Well, if they really do it like GoT Clark won´t have a good time in this world LOL
1 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:13 am

Chaosmob wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:15 am
As Clark yeah it does feel weird. But as Superman he does reign over Metropolis , poor petty crimes.. lol. I'm excited to see where this goes, I'm hoping that they don't do a Superwonder story line. If so. I'm out.
This is my biggest fear with every new DC storyline! Although Tom Taylor did write the Injustice Comics, he really did dial down on the Superman/WW moments in the issues. Really it seemed like he only had it in there because he had to since it was in the game. Ik I might just be seeing things that aren’t there, but I really think he’s a minor wonderbat supported. He pretty much confirmed that in the Injustice universe, Superman’s dream world is one in which Bruce and Diana were married. Plus, he also wrote DCeased which featured the Damian/Cassie wonderbat pairing, which sorta resembled Bruce and Diana since Jon, Damian, and Cassie became the new Trinity (although personally I love Cassie with Tim WAY more than Damian). Idk, maybe Taylor will slide in a lil’ something :D . Trust me I understand that there is such little chance of this happening, but I’m always hoping!
1 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Ghost13 wrote:
Niloc wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

Well, if they really do it like GoT Clark won´t have a good time in this world LOL
:lol:
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am

Niloc wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:
Niloc wrote:

:lol:
Idealistic types are either killed or traumatized... Well maybe with the exception of Duncan in the prequel.
1 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:54 pm

Just read it, seems good but for the twist at the end of it.
Spoiler: Show
Jor-el had an affair with Martha Wayne and Bruce is Clark's half brother!!!!

Wonder how that is going to impact the story?!?!?!
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:54 pm
Just read it, seems good but for the twist at the end of it.
Jor-el had an affair with Martha Wayne and Bruce is Clark's half brother!!!!

Wonder how that is going to impact the story?!?!?!
Explains the resemblance a bit there.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Ok honestly I really liked the first issue.
Learning about the Jor-El and Martha Wayne thing was kinda icky to me, but I actually really like that Bruce and Clark are half brothers. It really adds value to their characters, and I hope they do something positive with this. The ending with Jor-El being injured is somewhat worrisome for me, as it kinda seems like there’re setting Bruce up to be this rash ruler filled with anger and Clark is going to come in and stop him. I really hope they don’t go in that direction, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
And as usual, I’m hoping out for some wonderbat moments. :D Tom Taylor seems to be somewhat of a fan of the ship, since he made an emphasis of it in Injustice with Superman’s dream world and the slightly controversial Damian and Cassie thing in DCEased.
The no sign of Lois so far kinda worries me that this has the chance to head into the very wrong direction, but I’m praying it doesn’t
2 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:21 am

I was also cringing when that was relieved.
But Bruce and Clark being brothers is a cool positive. Yeah I hope they don't have a stupid love triangle between Bruce, Clark and Diana.
I'm enjoying it as well. Good start to I hope a great series.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:56 am

Any potential relationship between Bruce and Diana died with todays issue. Diana is gay in this universe.
1 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Man I’m so conflicted about this. Like sure, I’m all for them exploring Diana being bi. While I personally think that she wouldn’t ever do anything romantic with other Amazons since they’re more of her family than strangers (just my belief), I can still see her being potentially somewhat attracted to women, so I’m fine with this.
While choosing Kara (or whoever this version of Kara is in this universe) was slightly strange since I just always recognized her as that young adult who Clark always hounds over, they kinda made it seem ok. Plus, this is probably the only Superwonder relationship I’ll ever actually support.
That being said, I still think that Bruce would’ve been a perfect romantic interest for Diana in this series. Sure, I admit that I’m biased towards Bruce because I’ve wanted to see them together for awhile, but I still think that this would’ve been a great opportunity to take advantage of. As seen in the first issue, Bruce obviously is the diplomat of the El family since he is the one doing the most traveling. It would not be unreasonable for him at all to meet with Diana’s kingdom in order to discuss some diplomatic relations, and eventually they fall in love. This could’ve been the REALEST example of “A Princess and Her Dark Knight” we could’ve ever gotten. But alas, DC must crush my heart again.

At this point, I’m experience as much success in loving these characters as Batman has with his love interests. Just heartbreak after heartbreak. But hey, that’s what my fanfiction is for. :D

Speaking of that, I should probably update JL: Outset…
3 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:06 pm

Niloc wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:41 pm
Man I’m so conflicted about this. Like sure, I’m all for them exploring Diana being bi. While I personally think that she wouldn’t ever do anything romantic with other Amazons since they’re more of her family than strangers (just my belief), I can still see her being potentially somewhat attracted to women, so I’m fine with this.
While choosing Kara (or whoever this version of Kara is in this universe) was slightly strange since I just always recognized her as that young adult who Clark always hounds over, they kinda made it seem ok. Plus, this is probably the only Superwonder relationship I’ll ever actually support.
That being said, I still think that Bruce would’ve been a perfect romantic interest for Diana in this series. Sure, I admit that I’m biased towards Bruce because I’ve wanted to see them together for awhile, but I still think that this would’ve been a great opportunity to take advantage of. As seen in the first issue, Bruce obviously is the diplomat of the El family since he is the one doing the most traveling. It would not be unreasonable for him at all to meet with Diana’s kingdom in order to discuss some diplomatic relations, and eventually they fall in love. This could’ve been the REALEST example of “A Princess and Her Dark Knight” we could’ve ever gotten. But alas, DC must crush my heart again.

At this point, I’m experience as much success in loving these characters as Batman has with his love interests. Just heartbreak after heartbreak. But hey, that’s what my fanfiction is for. :D

Speaking of that, I should probably update JL: Outset…
I have no problem with Diana being bi, espacially in an Elseworld that barely resembles the regular dc universe. If they do something with her and Bruce in the main universe or dcau, then I´ll get excited :poker:
1 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am

Not really in favour of Diana being bi but I think it's inevitable. She was already lesbian/gay in the animated version of Superman: Red Son, her early comics were queer coded and of course William Marston was in a polyamorous relationship with two bisexual women. So it makes sense given her history (in and out of universe) for her to be bi, but would prefer her to be straight. On the other hand, I really do think that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy being in a relationship is probably one of the best changes they have made to continuity in recent times (probably the best thing to come out of the Harley Quinn show), and I believe it's a relationship that has changed both characters for the better (only somewhat though lol).

Also, I don't think you can clearly delineate between different continues because they tend to bleed into each other. For example, any interaction and first meeting with WW and SM is now fraught with 'are they going to be interested in each other? What makes them different to other versions of SM and WW if they don't decide to be together?' etc

The clearest example of this is in Justice League Infinity, where a continuity that had no SMWW was now affected by the relationship seen in other continuities. Another example is Bruce and Barbara sleeping together. It doesn't matter that it really only occurred in the Timm-verse (there was also some minor flirting in the old comics), now almost every time you see them together you remember 'oh right, that happened.'

This would also be an issue if Diana and Bruce got together but that's not going to happen lol (seriously in a lot of continuities they seem to barely get along).
If WW was going to be in a relationship with a woman, then my first choice would probably be Lois Lane (admittedly this would never happen and probably shouldn't), and then Artemis, if she's written well. I think Artemis and Diana could have an interesting relationship, especially if the writer plays up the differences and emphasises their different approaches to the world. But really, Diana lacks for suitable love interests, both female and male.

As for Kara, I would say no. I see Diana as more of an authority/parental figure to Kara (like in The Girl From Krypton animated movie and in some ways Injustice 2, even though Diana is a terrible authority figure in that continuity), the same way Bruce is to Kara (in Injustice 2 and The Girl From Krypton) and Barbara (in pretty much every continuity). But I would have to read the issue to see how they did it.

I think this is just another example of Diana and Bruce's love life/interests being handled poorly (though Kara is a decent person at least).
At this point, I can't really see where the next opportunity for Wonderbat could be. It's unlikely to be in Justice League Infinity and the DCEU is in a lot of trouble (and there's no time to explore a deep and meaningful relationship even if they wanted too). The Black and Gold WW series has had some really nice moments between Diana and Bruce but I can't see them pushing the pairing really. So yeah, looks pretty hopeless at the moment and it is a bit heart-breaking.
1 x