Political thoughts, views, and standpoints here...

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Political thoughts, views, and standpoints here...

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Back when I heard of the Christchurch tragedy, my first reaction was sorrow that the victims will have died in vain.

I thought that the usual reaction would happen: banning, censoring and criminalizing certain thoughts and speech, penalizing law-abiding gun owners who had nothing to do with it (the asshole wasn't even a New Zealander) and dancing on the victims still warm corpses to spin media narratives to sell more newspapers and sow even more division.

I should point out that I have not watched the video nor read the cocksucker's manifesto and I have no intention to. I have watched content discussing them.

I was wrong. NZ went above and beyond my expectations on the issue. Not only did they institute the great firewall of NZ and started banning anything and everything however tangentially "related" to the shooter and shooting, they started banning the sales of certain books, again somehow tangentially related, and are threatening a maximum jail sentence of 14 years in prison for sharing the video with some 18 year old currently awaiting sentencing for exactly that.
To say nothing of the fucking assholes using this tragedy to try to push mass censorship and de-personing of people they don't like off of the internet.
They even have an official position called a "Chief censor", for crying out loud.

Instead of helping the situation, this is only going to make it worse. These measures will only fuel the people who think similiarly to the shooter to believe even more in their narrative of being oppressed, largely because now they actually will be oppressed, so instead of de-radicalising these people through dialogue, you will e hardening their position through punishment for the actions of another person.

What these stupid, immature people don't understand is that burying the problem and pushing it underground only makes it grow and fester. FFS, censorship and thought control in fascist and communist countries couldn't eradicate underground counter-culture and resistance movements.

When combating an idea, ideology or other belief, there are only 2 truly effective ways to do so:
1. deconverting the adherents from the belief and if possible converting to another belief
2. Killing every single person who shares that belief, however slight and burning every writing or other of that belief.

NZ and the rest have decided to do a half-assed version of the 2nd and it is going to fail and blow up in their face.
0 x

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:51 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm
Back when I heard of the Christchurch tragedy, my first reaction was sorrow that the victims will have died in vain.

I thought that the usual reaction would happen: banning, censoring and criminalizing certain thoughts and speech, penalizing law-abiding gun owners who had nothing to do with it (the asshole wasn't even a New Zealander) and dancing on the victims still warm corpses to spin media narratives to sell more newspapers and sow even more division.

I should point out that I have not watched the video nor read the cocksucker's manifesto and I have no intention to. I have watched content discussing them.

I was wrong. NZ went above and beyond my expectations on the issue. Not only did they institute the great firewall of NZ and started banning anything and everything however tangentially "related" to the shooter and shooting, they started banning the sales of certain books, again somehow tangentially related, and are threatening a maximum jail sentence of 14 years in prison for sharing the video with some 18 year old currently awaiting sentencing for exactly that.
To say nothing of the fucking assholes using this tragedy to try to push mass censorship and de-personing of people they don't like off of the internet.
They even have an official position called a "Chief censor", for crying out loud.

Instead of helping the situation, this is only going to make it worse. These measures will only fuel the people who think similiarly to the shooter to believe even more in their narrative of being oppressed, largely because now they actually will be oppressed, so instead of de-radicalising these people through dialogue, you will e hardening their position through punishment for the actions of another person.

What these stupid, immature people don't understand is that burying the problem and pushing it underground only makes it grow and fester. FFS, censorship and thought control in fascist and communist countries couldn't eradicate underground counter-culture and resistance movements.

When combating an idea, ideology or other belief, there are only 2 truly effective ways to do so:
1. deconverting the adherents from the belief and if possible converting to another belief
2. Killing every single person who shares that belief, however slight and burning every writing or other of that belief.

NZ and the rest have decided to do a half-assed version of the 2nd and it is going to fail and blow up in their face.
All the Americans going “y’ass! Slay queen!” at the New Zealand PM for rolling out strict gun control measures so quickly it’s borderline tyrannical are the same ones freaking out about President Trump’s wall after he exhausted 24 months of trying to get money without using the nuclear option. And even though he has the right and precedence to use that nuclear option, doesn’t make it good. But at least he tried to go through coneventional channels and processed first. Don’t worry kids, dictatorships are good when you get what you want.
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 pm

I've just heard of a case in Canada where a human rights tribunal ordered a christian man to pay 55000 CAD to a transperson for calling them a 'biological male' and refusing to adress them as a woman. (there's more details to it, but that's the jist)

That is fucking ridiculous, because that means and was appare tly directly stated in the hearing that the state of Canada is atempting to legally force you to think and speak a certain way that you do not want to. You are not allowed under legal penalty to think or speak certain things.

To be clear, I do not agree with the christian guy, but i disagree even more with forcing people to accept a certain moral and ideological POV that they do not want.

Now that is disheartening and reason for me to never go to Canada if i can help it, but the sadest bit were all the commenters cheering how this was great and how he should not be allowed to spread his "religious hate speech", etc.
I just wish all of these ignorant authoritarian assholes live long enough to see some of their own cherished beliefs become labeled as "hate speech" and they get fucked by the very same rules and punishments they are cheering for right now.

Would be hillarious to see how the same case would go if it was a muslim person, not a christian, considering the recent crap in the UK.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:01 pm

These kind've laws make me grateful we have the 1st amendment in the US. The left would love to pass "hate speech" laws but they can't without an amendment to the constitution that has to also be ratified by every state.
0 x
FU DC

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:07 pm

The term "hate speech" is so vague that it might as well be useless, and as such it is often abused. Any law based off of it would be abused as well. At the heart this is no different then when all the very Christian people in the US were using their influence to make the lives of everyone they disagreed with a living hell.
Also I don't get the "biologically male" thing is an insult. If she wasn't biologically male, then she wouldn't be transsexual. I was happier believing all of this stuff was just on the internet and didn't affect people in the real world.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am

The best thing about no censorship is that you get to listen and laugh at people espousing their overthough stupid ideas.

For example:

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=12142
“I truly believe that a child cannot consent to being on a diet the same way a child cannot consent to having sex,” Sonalee Rashatwar, whose Instagram username is "The Fat Sex Therapist," proclaimed Thursday from the main stage of St. Olaf College.

She continued, “I experience diet culture as a form of assault because it impacts the way that I experience my body.”

These comments and more were made in the context of her two-hour speech, sponsored by St. Olaf College’s Wellness Center, Women's and Gender Studies Department, and Center for Equity and Inclusion, on the topic of “radical fat liberation.” The talk included assertions that fitness contributed to the recent Christchurch shooting, that people should "challenge" the rule of law, as well as the authority of and the police.

“Tonight we're gonna start by talking about how to politicize our definition of body image,” Rashatwar began, “because oftentimes we actually get stuck thinking of it from a white supremacist lense.” She explained how “white supremacy happens every day in all these little little things.”
Lest you think she isn't being topical:
“I do not think it’s surprising that the man who shot up Christchurch, New Zealand was also a fitness instructor," Rashatwar said. After making this claim, she added that the shooting is “a clear communication that there’s still an idealized body. Nazis really love this idea of an idealized body, and so it makes a lot of sense to me that a fitness instructor...might also think about an idealized body in this thin white supremacist way.”
And the cherry on top:
“We should be critical of the use of science and the production of knowledge to continue promoting this idea that certain bodies are fit, able, and desirable...is it my fatness that causes my high blood pressure, or is it my experience of weight stigma?" Rashatwar asked. She then connected the science suggesting that obesity is unhealthy to Nazism, saying that "fatphobic" science is “often actually eugenic science....eugenic science is Nazi science.”
It's the FAT! It's the fucking FAT!

Jesus Christ on a cracker, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:02 am

This never gets necro-ed for anything good, but this one is extra.

A few days ago, Zoe Quinn posted a large twatter post accusing an indie game developer, Alec Holowka, of abuse of various kinds. Everybody and their mother dog-pilled this person and he was basically metoo-ed. He was fired and blacklisted.

Today his sister posted that he is dead. I don't think it's too difficult to connect the dots.

The inclusivity and empathy squad did what they usually do and went to his sisters post and told her in no uncertain terms they were glad he was dead. They are already talking about needing to prepare for Gamergate 2, because they don't have any other frame of reference...
Zoe for her part deleted her entire twitter account, apparently.

I don't particularly care about this situation, largely because I know this won't change a damn thing. Everyone who pushed this person into offing himself, including just about every single video games "journalism" outlet and the inclusivity mob, will try to wash their hands of it, shut up for a week (if that) and then keep on doing the same thing.

...because people suck sometimes, especially the self-righteous mob.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:43 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am
The best thing about no censorship is that you get to listen and laugh at people espousing their overthough stupid ideas.

For example:

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=12142
“I truly believe that a child cannot consent to being on a diet the same way a child cannot consent to having sex,” Sonalee Rashatwar, whose Instagram username is "The Fat Sex Therapist," proclaimed Thursday from the main stage of St. Olaf College.

She continued, “I experience diet culture as a form of assault because it impacts the way that I experience my body.”

These comments and more were made in the context of her two-hour speech, sponsored by St. Olaf College’s Wellness Center, Women's and Gender Studies Department, and Center for Equity and Inclusion, on the topic of “radical fat liberation.” The talk included assertions that fitness contributed to the recent Christchurch shooting, that people should "challenge" the rule of law, as well as the authority of and the police.

“Tonight we're gonna start by talking about how to politicize our definition of body image,” Rashatwar began, “because oftentimes we actually get stuck thinking of it from a white supremacist lense.” She explained how “white supremacy happens every day in all these little little things.”
Lest you think she isn't being topical:
“I do not think it’s surprising that the man who shot up Christchurch, New Zealand was also a fitness instructor," Rashatwar said. After making this claim, she added that the shooting is “a clear communication that there’s still an idealized body. Nazis really love this idea of an idealized body, and so it makes a lot of sense to me that a fitness instructor...might also think about an idealized body in this thin white supremacist way.”
And the cherry on top:
“We should be critical of the use of science and the production of knowledge to continue promoting this idea that certain bodies are fit, able, and desirable...is it my fatness that causes my high blood pressure, or is it my experience of weight stigma?" Rashatwar asked. She then connected the science suggesting that obesity is unhealthy to Nazism, saying that "fatphobic" science is “often actually eugenic science....eugenic science is Nazi science.”
It's the FAT! It's the fucking FAT!

Jesus Christ on a cracker, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.
This woman is batshit crazy her are a couple of response videos regarding her:

0 x
FU DC

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:25 pm

I like that woman and her arms are awesome.

Btw. notice how the new hip buzzword is "whitesupremacist". Everything bad is whitesupremacist.
They made the words: sexism, racism, bigoted, misogyny, etc. encompass so many things that they became basically meaningless and now they are going through all the other words they can think of. At this point they are steadily moving from white supremacist to outrgiht Nazi and it is going to be ridiculously funny when they make the word Nazi meaningless.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:24 am

Children's drag shows are just as trashy and horrible as little girl beauty pageant shows. Just because its little boys being paraded around for creepy adults instead of girls, does not make it okay at all.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:59 am

You can't say that! That's homophobic, somehow...
At least according to the parents of that Desmond kid.

Btw. Doesn't drag have an inherent sexual element to it? Does that not make it all the more inapropriate to involve kids in this activity?
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:23 am

Yep!
0 x
FU DC

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 am

apparently, at a recent hearthstone tournament, the guy who won pulled a stunt and shouted "free hong kong".
Blizzard banned him and stripped him of his title and award money.

People are shocked and appaled, for some reason not seeing this coming, even though the dude himself knew what wouldhappen.

People are outraged that Blizzard would engage in heavy handed censorship on behalf of the Chinese government, not for a moment stopping to realize that they make the same demands if they happen to hear something they don't like.
0 x