Tips for what to (not) buy as a present

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Tips for what to (not) buy as a present

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Pro tip: The arguably most useless item to buy as a gift for a man is probably a shaving razor, unless you know the exact brand and model they use.

By about age 20, most men have tried out several razors and settled on the one that suits them just right and will use basically til the day they die, that they bought a megapack of replacement blades that one time they had a big sale that depending on their shaving habit and facial hair, will last him between 6 and 24 months.

If the guy you want to buy a present for uses a 3 blade razor with a shaving head that tilts up to a max of 15°, buying him a gazilion blade razor that spins 360° in all axis isn't going to do him much good, other than provide him with an extra razor that he can borrow to his girlfriend/wife can to shave her legs when she runs out of her own razors.

Just buying shaving foam/gel alone is more useful.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Re: Tips for what to (not) buy as a present

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Pro-Tip: just give cash.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: Tips for what to (not) buy as a present

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 am

So far for my brother I'm getting him a season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, for my one nephew I'm getting him a big jar of pickles (its what he always asks for and apparently I'm the only family member who just gets him it), for the rest of my nieces and nephews I'm giving their mom some money and she's getting them stuff this year, and I'm getting my best friend a blu ray of "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Don't know what I'm getting my mom and sister, but they'll probably be getting late gifts because of lack of money (as I always loan money to them, they can deal).
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.