Political thoughts, views, and standpoints here...

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Political thoughts, views, and standpoints here...

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm
Many so called liberals and postmodernists may not post marxist/communist iconography, but they do agree with or promote certain ideas in those ideologies.
For example?
Obsession with equity, oppressor-oppressed conception of the world, utopian fantasies come to mind immediately. Probably more, but I've been kind of out of the loop for a while now.
There's been calls for gulaging and re-education of "conservatives" some time back and now calls for or outright unpersoning recently.
Ghost13 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm
These are not the luxuries that most nations have, including some of the most powerful ones.
So America is not rich enough for the German system, or simply too large?
Too large, but also the rest of what I wrote in that paragraph.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Obsession with equity, oppressor-oppressed conception of the world, utopian fantasies come to mind immediately. Probably more, but I've been kind of out of the loop for a while now.
There's been calls for gulaging and re-education of "conservatives" some time back and now calls for or outright unpersoning recently.
I don´t think I´ve really seen examples of this... seems incredibly vague, which worries me.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am

Ghost13 wrote:
I don´t think I´ve really seen examples of this... seems incredibly vague, which worries me.
So you've never seen this image?

You've never heard anyone talk about how white male privilege or the patriarchy are oppressing or exploiting the underprivileged?
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

You've never heard anyone talk about how white male privilege or the patriarchy are oppressing or exploiting the underprivileged?
No.

I´ve heard stuff like that but I am wondering where the evidence is that links feminist critique and anti-racism to marxism I think.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Unrelated, and I will get back to you on that one later:

The rejection of nationalism and national loyalty and the inverse of absorbing globalism is a major failing of the modern left, for many reasons, but one of the major ones is the whole idea of taxing the super-rich to pay for every damn thing that comes to their minds.
What is to stop said super-rich from just packing up, leaving and setting up shop in another country where it is more profitable for them?

Back half a century ago, you couldn't really do that, due to the expense and how tied most of your logistics to actually be wealthy were to your country. Today, that is not even remotely the case. Setting up a factory in China and staffing it with slave labour is pathetically cheap in comparison.

The only thing keeping anyone at home anymore can only really be national pride and loyalty.

Same thing for workers as well. Eastern and southern Europe have been decimated due to many things, but one of the most prominent is brain drain and to be clear and not hypocritical, I'm one of them too. I am looking for a way to emigrate to Austria in the hopefully near future and leave this banana republic behind.
All the wealth i make from that point and the taxes I have to pay will be benefiting Austria, not Croatia.

This really should be something the modern left tackles, but they don't even seem to consider it as a possibility in their ignorance and hubris.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 am

To be honest I'm terrified of what's going to happen next biden and harris are going to be a disaster for America China going to try and take over every thing and the dems and the rinos are helping them I'm going to miss president trump
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 pm
MTVCCVC wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

No.

I´ve heard stuff like that but I am wondering where the evidence is that links feminist critique and anti-racism to marxism I think.
What exactly constitutes evidence in your mind?
I don't really feel like wasting time pointing out paralels between gender quotas and forcing equality of results or privilege/oppression politics and class struggle (etc.) only to have it handwaved away and disregarded.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 am

Morgan banefort wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 am
To be honest I'm terrified of what's going to happen next biden and harris are going to be a disaster for America China going to try and take over every thing and the dems and the rinos are helping them I'm going to miss president trump
A lot of people are, especially the mainstream media, though they will never admit it, at least until the new admin starts a nice juicy war that they can salivate about for the ratings.

Funny thing is, Trump is the best president since the 90s, if not even further, but when i sum him up, he's just barely above ok.
Blackface Bush, genocidal maniac Bush, Bill the origin of Neo-liberalism and failure Bush were so terrible, it makes Trump smell like roses, to anyone who isn't deranged by propaganda or has a memory marginally longer than a goldfish.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:09 pm

Oh NO! Who could have seen this coming?!

0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Trumps final act and especially his failure to act and do the right thing by pardoning Julian Assange and considering who else got a pardon has forced me to revise my assessment of him and his presidency.

I retract my statement that he is a slightly above average president. He is now yet another in a long line of below average president, though still better than his 4 predecessors.

I imagine the establishment and deep state came and threatened to go after him and his family, but I do not care. The capitol riots probably contributed to this as well.

None the less, fuck him for making his last moments spineless and cowardly.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:20 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:56 pm
Trumps final act and especially his failure to act and do the right thing by pardoning Julian Assange and considering who else got a pardon has forced me to revise my assessment of him and his presidency.

I retract my statement that he is a slightly above average president. He is now yet another in a long line of below average president, though still better than his 4 predecessors.

I imagine the establishment and deep state came and threatened to go after him and his family, but I do not care. The capitol riots probably contributed to this as well.

None the less, fuck him for making his last moments spineless and cowardly.
thats a bit extreme i heard the reason he didn't pardon them is cause moscow mcconnell threatened to vote guilty on his trail

and i think he's one of the best
0 x