Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: Totally Random Part 14

Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:16 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:34 am
Colour me stupid then, I guess.

What's actually known about it so far?
It will have the guy from Justified in it, it's being made by the guys who did Westworld, and the co-showrunner is the writer behind Captain Marvel. Given what Westworld devolved into and the Captain Marvel connection, I'm fairly confident this is gonna be dogshit.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:49 am

Jesus Christ...

Sounds like a trainwreck in the making...
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:59 am

I am not watching Amazon's Lord of the Rings The Rings of Power The power of the Rings of the Lord, but my wife and brother-in-law are.

From the few glimpses I've caught, I don't like most of it, but to give credit where it is due, the dwarves are done mostly right. They largely look like dwarves, act like dwarves and talk like dwarves.
Frankly, even the controversial black female beardless dwarf, Disa, is pretty good. She definitely stands out like a soar thumb and does not look very dwarfish, but I do like they way she acts.

Credit where credit is due, I expected her to be an insufferable irritant considering how she was marketed, but I like her personality and the actress does a good job acting, personality-wise and mannerisms-wise.
She's good.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:11 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:59 am
I am not watching Amazon's Lord of the Rings The Rings of Power The power of the Rings of the Lord, but my wife and brother-in-law are.

From the few glimpses I've caught, I don't like most of it, but to give credit where it is due, the dwarves are done mostly right. They largely look like dwarves, act like dwarves and talk like dwarves.
Frankly, even the controversial black female beardless dwarf, Disa, is pretty good. She definitely stands out like a soar thumb and does not look very dwarfish, but I do like they way she acts.

Credit where credit is due, I expected her to be an insufferable irritant considering how she was marketed, but I like her personality and the actress does a good job acting, personality-wise and mannerisms-wise.
She's good.
I've heard that. From the reviews I've seen the problems with the show seem to be: 1) New/worse version of Galadriel is an unlikable bitch. 2) Gets all of Tolkien's lore wrong and doesn't carry the heart or feeling his work is known for. 3) The show is mostly boring.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:25 pm

Eurodance meets Metal... An unlikely pairing, but oddly enough it works.

1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:53 am

1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:53 am
Love Majorkill's stuff. Did you see Bricky's video going over all the Space Marine Legions?
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:11 pm

Not that particular one. I watched one or two of his videos, but it didn't hook me. Same with Luetin09.

When it comes to 40k, I mostly go with Arch and MajorKill.
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:16 pm

I've decided to give House of the dragons a shot and so far, so decent.

It's ok. It's got it's good bits, it's got it frustrating as fuck bits, most focused on Raehnyra. The political overtones are so blatant, at this point i can't even be bothered anymore. It's complete and total bullshit, but it isn't completely dragging the rest of the show down with it, so I'll give it a pass.

On the other hand, I fucking love King Viseris and Matt Smith Deamon in this. They are fucking amazing and their actors do a spectacular job.
Especially the king, who is supposed to come off as weak, but holy hell, when he gets serious and snaps back, he bites like a savage.

The way he put down that Targeryan character was a joy to behold and all with words.

There might be hope for this yet...
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:45 am

Hey, remember when comics were actually decent, maybe even approaching the lofty heights of "good"?

Ah, those were the days... Even with the stupid stunts like Batman's "death" or Damian...

1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:04 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Hey, remember when comics were actually decent, maybe even approaching the lofty heights of "good"?

Ah, those were the days... Even with the stupid stunts like Batman's "death" or Damian...

While I think that whole "death of Batman" period comes off as a little soulless and trite, I like that back in the day even bad comic stories could have really good moments like that.
1 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:32 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:

I’ve always loved Superman’s reaction to Dick continuing on the mantle of Batman when Bruce “died”. I know many people think he overreacted, but given the circumstances his reaction was perfect to me. His best friend sacrificed himself to mortally wound one of the Justice League’s worst enemies, and now his wards are (in Superman’s mind) pretending that he’s still around and tainting his image. It’s one thing that I really like about the Trinity’s relationship to Bruce: to them, he is Batman. Anyone else in the suit is just a pale comparison to what Bruce was able to do on the field.

Now, I’m not discounting Nightwing in any capacity. He’s an amazing character, and one of Bruce’s greatest successes. If anyone could come close to what Batman could do, it would be him (I love the panel where Bruce tells Dick that he’ll lead the JL one day). That being said, it’s just impossible that anyone could ever compare to what Bruce was able to do as Batman. It’s actually why I love the idea of a Batman/Wonder Woman child, since he/she are one of the only people I can see who could actually surpass the greatness that their parents were: literally two of the most skilled and honorable heroes of all time.
1 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 pm

We are watching Genndy Tartakovski's Primal series.

It is great and an impressive example of primarily visual storytelling. It is however extremely gorey and brutal, which fits the theme.

Highly recommended.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 pm
We are watching Genndy Tartakovski's Primal series.

It is great and an impressive example of primarily visual storytelling. It is however extremely gorey and brutal, which fits the theme.

Highly recommended.
I fucking love that show. If you just started, you are in for a hell of a ride.
0 x