Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:23 pm



Here, taketh thine sandwich of vegemite, traveller :)
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Posts: 4716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]
Location: Sisak, Croatia
x 115

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:27 am

The Last of Us 2 is being called the Last Jedi of the franchise.

This should be interesting...
0 x

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:58 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:27 am
The Last of Us 2 is being called the Last Jedi of the franchise.

This should be interesting...
I watched a video on a German site called 4players and they rated the game 94/100. In my experience this site is rather reliable, so I don´t get the comparison with the Last Jedi.

Then again, now that I look at the Last Jedi´s Wikipedia page it says that critics reception was generally positive, that it made money and "In 2019, a Rotten Tomatoes spokesperson said the film had been "seriously targeted" by a review-bombing campaign." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi

Get woke go broke?
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
Grendle1853
Justice League
Posts: 7788
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter
Location: Harrisburg
x 136

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:58 am
MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:27 am
The Last of Us 2 is being called the Last Jedi of the franchise.

This should be interesting...
I watched a video on a German site called 4players and they rated the game 94/100. In my experience this site is rather reliable, so I don´t get the comparison with the Last Jedi.

Then again, now that I look at the Last Jedi´s Wikipedia page it says that critics reception was generally positive, that it made money and "In 2019, a Rotten Tomatoes spokesperson said the film had been "seriously targeted" by a review-bombing campaign." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi

Get woke go broke?
I was never a fan of The Last of Us, but from what I can tell from the videos I have seen on the new game,
Spoiler: Show
the main character from the first game is brutally murdered by a new character after he makes a series of stupid decisions that were out of character for him to make, and then you spend a lot of the game playing the person who murdered him who is tracking down the other main character from the first game to murder her.
I can understand the fan rage.
Another thing people are mad about is that Sony has of late cracked down on any skin being shown on female characters in anime style games, yet the Last of Us Part 2 has a very graphic sex scene that Sony appears to have no problem with.
0 x
Image
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

User avatar
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Posts: 4716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]
Location: Sisak, Croatia
x 115

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:55 am

Grendle1853 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 am
I was never a fan of The Last of Us, but from what I can tell from the videos I have seen on the new game,
Spoiler: Show
the main character from the first game is brutally murdered by a new character after he makes a series of stupid decisions that were out of character for him to make, and then you spend a lot of the game playing the person who murdered him who is tracking down the other main character from the first game to murder her.
I can understand the fan rage.
Another thing people are mad about is that Sony has of late cracked down on any skin being shown on female characters in anime style games, yet the Last of Us Part 2 has a very graphic sex scene that Sony appears to have no problem with.
an extraordinarily graphics sex scene which is somewhat puzzling considering the unclear nature of Abby's rumored trans-status.

Get woke, go broke is certainly a part of it, especially considering how much Niel Druckman has been showing his woke credentials into everyone's face.

That said, most fans will be enraged by the sacrificial (and disrespectful) ruination of the previous main characters. Kind of like Roundhead Johnson destroyed Luke Skywalker, if not worse.
0 x

User avatar
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League
Posts: 6124
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: The Frozen Throne, Icecrown Citadel, Northrend
x 153

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:57 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

User avatar
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League
Posts: 6124
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: The Frozen Throne, Icecrown Citadel, Northrend
x 153

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 am
Ghost13 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:58 am
MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:27 am
The Last of Us 2 is being called the Last Jedi of the franchise.

This should be interesting...
I watched a video on a German site called 4players and they rated the game 94/100. In my experience this site is rather reliable, so I don´t get the comparison with the Last Jedi.

Then again, now that I look at the Last Jedi´s Wikipedia page it says that critics reception was generally positive, that it made money and "In 2019, a Rotten Tomatoes spokesperson said the film had been "seriously targeted" by a review-bombing campaign." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi

Get woke go broke?
I was never a fan of The Last of Us, but from what I can tell from the videos I have seen on the new game,
Spoiler: Show
the main character from the first game is brutally murdered by a new character after he makes a series of stupid decisions that were out of character for him to make, and then you spend a lot of the game playing the person who murdered him who is tracking down the other main character from the first game to murder her.
I can understand the fan rage.
Another thing people are mad about is that Sony has of late cracked down on any skin being shown on female characters in anime style games, yet the Last of Us Part 2 has a very graphic sex scene that Sony appears to have no problem with.
The Ending is also the issue
Spoiler: Show
When she finally gets to the person who killed Joel she doesn't kill her.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

User avatar
Grendle1853
Justice League
Posts: 7788
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter
Location: Harrisburg
x 136

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:24 am

Yeah, the makers wanted this game to be as disappointing as possible to their fanbase, thats why the game has like 3.5 in user score despite it having a 9 something in every critic score. Its also why they started handing out strikes on Youtube to anyone even discussing the leaks, because they knew that if people knew ahead of time what was going to be in the game, they wouldn't want it.
0 x
Image
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

User avatar
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Posts: 4716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]
Location: Sisak, Croatia
x 115

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:52 am

The game was also concieved as some artsy fart huffing STATEMENT(tm) about violence and revenge.

It basically castagates you for all the viilence you do all the time, but gives you no option not to do so.

It doesn't even play with meta-narative and gameplay like Spec Ops: The Line to this end. That game is a masterpiece in terms of a critique of violence in video games and media, the connection between player and player character and much more.

TLU2 is not fit to lick that game's sand covered boots.

For instance the ending. How many people did you as the main character brutally murder to get to the ending only to not even be given the option of what to do?
0 x

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Get woke, go broke is certainly a part of it, especially considering how much Niel Druckman has been showing his woke credentials into everyone's face
Seems like the controversy actually had no negative effect on the sales, it might have even had a positive effect -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier ... 1177284ea2
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:26 am

0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Posts: 4716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]
Location: Sisak, Croatia
x 115

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Get woke, go broke is certainly a part of it, especially considering how much Niel Druckman has been showing his woke credentials into everyone's face
Seems like the controversy actually had no negative effect on the sales, it might have even had a positive effect -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier ... 1177284ea2
I doubt it. The only positive effect is that the first game was very well loved and most people have not heard the about the leaks, either because they don't care or to avoid spoilers.

TLJ also made money. The enxt movie was the one that suffered from the backlash. In the mean time, the critics were gushing over it (mostly) and the fans were shitting all over it.
The metacritic scores reflect it. TLoU2 doesn't even have the 50/50 split fanbase of TLJ.

They just torpedoed the series in an arrogant and misguided attempt to be artsy and to send a MESSAGE(tm). Misguided, mostly because they were clearly incompetent about it.
I know I mention Spec Ops: The Line a lot, but that game, while having inferior gameplay to TLoU2, is far, far, far superior to it in terms of everything else. You even have a scene where one of your companions get's strung up by an angry mob. How you deal with that situation is completely up to you and it is done through gameplay. Not a multiple choice, but actually in the gameplay you can decide to take revenge, to massacre the mob, to scare them away or to walk past them and take the insults and slaps. It's fucking brilliant, for a game that emotionally drains you and demolishes you.
1 x

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:42 am

TLJ also made money. The enxt movie was the one that suffered from the backlash. In the mean time, the critics were gushing over it (mostly) and the fans were shitting all over it.
Ah, since I don´t really care about the Star Wars franchise I entirely forgot that the Last Jedi wasn´t the last Star Wars movie. Now the comparison to TLJ makes more sense.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:33 pm

0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:49 pm



This is a really fun exploration of Batman Returns. While Returns remains one of my least favourite Batman movies , it´s interesting to hear another opinion, espacially when there are many good arguments in favor of it.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League
Posts: 6124
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: The Frozen Throne, Icecrown Citadel, Northrend
x 153

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:19 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

User avatar
Ghost13
Justice League
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 am
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)
x 200

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 pm

0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

User avatar
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Posts: 4716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]
Location: Sisak, Croatia
x 115

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 pm

0 x

User avatar
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League
Posts: 6124
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: The Frozen Throne, Icecrown Citadel, Northrend
x 153

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:27 pm



Any opinions on the recent stuff about Joss Whedon on Justice League?
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

User avatar
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Posts: 4716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]
Location: Sisak, Croatia
x 115

Re: Random 13. THE GREAT HORNED RAT!!!!

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:12 am

Outside of being shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on in this establishment, not really.

It's been an open secret for years now that these hollywood people are some of the worst and most hypocritical mf-ers on the planet, just now the mask is finally slipping.
The more they signal their virtue on twatter, the worss person they turn out being in 9 out of 10 examples.
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests