Totally Random Part 14

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: Totally Random Part 14

Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:13 am

Yup, great clips of Sups going so called evil!!! WAY Better than Injustice!!
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:04 am

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Anyone here playing Elden Ring?
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Nope.

Damn sick of snow. Another foot of the crap today!!! It wouldn't be bad if it was the light fluffy stuff but it's the wet heavy sticky dump this time. SPRING WHERE ARE U!!! lol
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:18 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:43 pm
Grendle1853 wrote:
Nope.

Damn sick of snow. Another foot of the crap today!!! It wouldn't be bad if it was the light fluffy stuff but it's the wet heavy sticky dump this time. SPRING WHERE ARE U!!! lol
Didn't get much snow this year in my part of Pennsylvania. Which is kind of weird.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:16 pm

So i started listening to Outkast - Hey Ya and somehow ended up on this one.

Damn, Carlos Santana is a demi-god on guitar.

1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:46 pm

Yeah is good, I think he played at the original woodstock as well.

This one is good to!!!
2 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:07 pm

1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:27 am

This years April 1st is maybe the greatest in history.

First, the Ukranians did a very bold, some would even say crazy raid into Russia. in the early hours of April 1st, flying low to avoid radar detection and under the cover of darkness, two Mi-24 helicopter gunships managed to penetrate about 40 kilometers inside Russia and blew up a fuel silo facility near a town called Belgorod.
There's video of it and the helicopters were flying basically at treetop level, which is ridiculously risky at daytime, let alone at night and under the cover of night, they were basically a black silhouette, impossible to see any markings, so any bystanders that did spot them on the way there may well have thought that those were russian Mi-24s.

Sometimes its handy using the same gear as the enemy. The Mi-24 can fly at up to 335km/h, so by the time anyone might have figured out what was going on, the Ukrainians were in, out and heading home.

Second, on April 1st, Putin signed a decree that from now on "unfriendly" countries have to pay for russian gas in rubles, which pretty much means all of Europe. Today, April 2nd, heavy snow started falling where I live.
Now, I'm not saying that mf-er can influence the weather, but that's quite the coincidence. Gets the noggin joggin', as the Brits would say. :D
1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:34 pm

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!... damn echo. lol
0 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League
Justice League Membership: The Question

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Howdy! Sorry, been a while, but we now have honest to God real internet at our new place. Actual Fiber internet. It is incredibly fast, and that's awesome. So, how is everyone else doing?
1 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

"You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." - The Joker

Grendle1853
Justice League

Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:34 pm

Lordfrieza wrote:
Howdy! Sorry, been a while, but we now have honest to God real internet at our new place. Actual Fiber internet. It is incredibly fast, and that's awesome. So, how is everyone else doing?
I'm doing alright. I beat Elden Ring, been playing Fallout 3 again, occasionally working on my book...the usual.
0 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:11 am

Grendle1853 wrote:
Lordfrieza wrote:
I'm doing alright. I beat Elden Ring, been playing Fallout 3 again, occasionally working on my book...the usual.
Glad to hear that you're doing alright, and also working on your book. That's awesome to hear! you know, it occurred to me that there are a few shows that deserve not exactly a reboot but rather something of a sequel or spinoff. One of which is Dead Like Me. The Showtime television show about Grim Reapers certainly deserves to get a spin off. As much as I like George, Mason, Roxy, and Daisy I think that it needs to be a new crew. A similar premise as the first one, a new reaper getting shown the ropes.

I'd say have it start right at December the 31st of 2019. And the next two seasons are something of a trial by fire for him/her. They're having to help the infectious diseases unit try to get a handle on all of the influx of patients that are dying, but they themselves died in what was considered to be choking. Later, because it's hard for them to let go, they discover that their choking was intentional. Someone close to them purposefully fed them something they were allergic to. It caused their throat to swell up, and they suffocated to death. Still have lots of dark humor, but add in this element, and even have them do something that is against the rules and start sending letters, emails, and texts to this person. Just absolutely drive them to the breaking point. It'd make a great television show.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

"You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." - The Joker

Grendle1853
Justice League

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:12 am

Lordfrieza wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:11 am
Grendle1853 wrote:
Lordfrieza wrote:
Glad to hear that you're doing alright, and also working on your book. That's awesome to hear! you know, it occurred to me that there are a few shows that deserve not exactly a reboot but rather something of a sequel or spinoff. One of which is Dead Like Me. The Showtime television show about Grim Reapers certainly deserves to get a spin off. As much as I like George, Mason, Roxy, and Daisy I think that it needs to be a new crew. A similar premise as the first one, a new reaper getting shown the ropes.

I'd say have it start right at December the 31st of 2019. And the next two seasons are something of a trial by fire for him/her. They're having to help the infectious diseases unit try to get a handle on all of the influx of patients that are dying, but they themselves died in what was considered to be choking. Later, because it's hard for them to let go, they discover that their choking was intentional. Someone close to them purposefully fed them something they were allergic to. It caused their throat to swell up, and they suffocated to death. Still have lots of dark humor, but add in this element, and even have them do something that is against the rules and start sending letters, emails, and texts to this person. Just absolutely drive them to the breaking point. It'd make a great television show.
Sounds neat. From what I understand the show was interesting. I think the Ghostbusters franchise could use something similar, a new team in a new state fighting a new enemy, possibly a different ancient god. I'd pick Pennsylvania for self obvious reasons and Moloch for the big bad, and I think Afterlife's ending set that up rather nicely.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:50 am

I'm busy waiting for my still current employer to tell me when exactly i'm done working here and exploring options for future employment.

I keep putting off my analyses in the political thread regarding the war and issues surrounding it largely due to having difficulty finding free time needed to type it out. Those long posts tend to take at least half an hour to structure, double check, fact check, etc.

I'll get to it eventually, because there are some important things to discuss and i hope you can get something useful out of those.

I wish there was more things to talk about on the entertainment front, but honestly, the only entertainment i've even acquired, not necessarily even read or watched is the occasional manga/anime.
I glt the first episode of season 2 of Rise of the Shield Hero, but am yet to have a chance to watch it.

I did watch the first 2 episodes of the Exodite Warhammer40k fan animation and it is quite good, though i barely know anything about the Tau, so i'm not as invested there.
1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:25 pm

Lordfrieza wrote:
I love Fiber, have had it for over a year and could never go back to adsl or cable!!!
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:56 pm

I've recently come across a new and interesting fictional setting type: Burgerpunk. It's...something that's a little hard for me to explain. It's a bit like cyberpunk and steampunk, but instead of the what if's of technology and the breakdown of society presented in those fictional ideas, it's...well I guess I can say it's a bit of an exaggerated view of today's society and the possible apocalyptic way it might be heading. I'm probably not describing it well, here is a video about people online talking about how it can be turned into a D&D like game.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:22 pm

That's certainly something interesting to think about.

Maybe related:
Far Cry Blood Dragon was a cool concept welm realized esthetically, though marred by the already back then stale gameplay of the far cry formula.

Great soundtrack though.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:28 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:22 pm
That's certainly something interesting to think about.

Maybe related:
Far Cry Blood Dragon was a cool concept welm realized esthetically, though marred by the already back then stale gameplay of the far cry formula.

Great soundtrack though.
Which I could play that again, but I don't know how I could do it on PS4. My second favorite Far Cry, right behind Primal.
0 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:08 pm

So, I'm playing Fable for the first time since about... 2007ish. I just bought the anniversary game on Steam since it was on sale. Got to admit, even though the graphics are eh, the game is still incredibly fun.
1 x

League member 'Question'