Totally Random Part 14

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Totally Random Part 14

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:24 pm

I'm watching The Boys Season 3 and i generally like it, but I'm getting a little annoyed at some aspects.

It feels like they are repeating a lot of plotpoints and character development as before.

Another thing that annoys me are all the references to real world bullshit. It's getting really cringe as fuck.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:00 pm

Yes I am very excited about the Rippaverse. Anyone else buying it? I think we should start it’s own thread. This is the best FU to Marvel and DC yet.
0 x
FU DC

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm

DaisyJane wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:00 pm
Yes I am very excited about the Rippaverse. Anyone else buying it? I think we should start it’s own thread. This is the best FU to Marvel and DC yet.
I have to wait until I get paid, but I'm am buying a copy soon. RazorFist has coined this new era of comics the Iron Age, comics made by comics fans FOR comics fans!
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:46 am

I'm definitely interested. I'll be really interested in your guys' reviews.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:16 am

Finished The Boys season 3.

All things considered, I liked it, but there are some really annoying things in it.

I will say, the character development (and conclusion) of many characters is very satisfying, but at the same time, other characters feel like they are spinning in circles.

The acting remains superb and the main antagonist of the season is a show stealer and Kimiko and Frenchie's subplot, though it seems weak and contrived at first, has a really strong payoff at the end.

The gore and sexual depravity is elevated, but frankly, at this point, it's like climbing a step when you are already at the top floor. It really doesn't faze me anymore.

The real world references, like the fucking Kendel Jenner Coke comercial or the Gal's "Imagine" and other such shit are god damn cringe as fuck and the once upon a time balanced shitting all over politics and the political divides of season 1 and to a lesser extent season 2 feels definitely more one sided.
Some of it feels fucking childish, to be honest, like the scene:
Spoiler: Show
where the obvious Tucker Carlson parody character is not subtly at all implied that he likes getting pegged in the ass by a big corporation CEO.
All in all, if i could cut out all that horseshit, it'd be a really strong season. This way it is dragged down to a must watch, but keep your finger on the skip button...
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:37 am

It's interssting how well My Hero Academia fits to so much.

Some fun ones are all the You say run goes with everything videos. The Jackie Chan ones especially.
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:35 pm

Alas Yu Yu Hakusho, the next awesome anime from our youth to be butchered via Netflix adaptation. I think at this point they could be put on trail in some international court over crimes against Japan.
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:22 pm

What's going on with the Batgirl film being cancelled?
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:28 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:22 pm
What's going on with the Batgirl film being cancelled?
Apparently the test screenings were so bad that they decided it was better to take the $70 Million plus loss then to put it on HBOmax. "Steel" is currently streaming on HBOmax, so just think how bad Batgirl had to be.
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:53 am

I heard it has something to do with tax right offs.
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:02 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:53 am
I heard it has something to do with tax right offs.
Yeah, they would make more money off of the tax right offs then they would if they paid for advertisements and tried to release it.

Also I finally got my copy of "Jack the Ripper, Vampire Hunter"!
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:52 am

We are watching the new Predator vs Comanche teenage girl movie, Prey, and we almost turned it off multiple times before even the Predator showed up because the fucking strong independent teenage girl was so god damn annoying.

When the hell did the strong female character go from Sarah Coonor in Terminator or Elleb Ripley in Alien to always being the exact fucking same selfish, bitchy, entitled bratty little shit trope of a woman/girl?

Also, the predator frankly looks like shit and there are some stupid things, like the girl putting a fucking rope on her axe so that she can retract it after she throws it.
She throws the ax so well she can embed it in trees and bodies, but all it takes is a little flick of the wrist to pull it out. Come the fuck on!
One of the problems with weapons is that it is sometimes excedingly difficult to pull them out of things you stabbed them in even with both hands and using your legs to push off of, but this little waif of a girl can just bullshit her hatchet back like freaking sliderman pulling on his web...

We couldn't even finish it with half an hour left to watch.
I am literally going to go install a toilet in my new house rather than sit through the rest of the movie in one go...

And for some readon, the movie was supposedly highly praised
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:45 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:52 am
We are watching the new Predator vs Comanche teenage girl movie, Prey, and we almost turned it off multiple times before even the Predator showed up because the fucking strong independent teenage girl was so god damn annoying.

When the hell did the strong female character go from Sarah Coonor in Terminator or Elleb Ripley in Alien to always being the exact fucking same selfish, bitchy, entitled bratty little shit trope of a woman/girl?

Also, the predator frankly looks like shit and there are some stupid things, like the girl putting a fucking rope on her axe so that she can retract it after she throws it.
She throws the ax so well she can embed it in trees and bodies, but all it takes is a little flick of the wrist to pull it out. Come the fuck on!
One of the problems with weapons is that it is sometimes excedingly difficult to pull them out of things you stabbed them in even with both hands and using your legs to push off of, but this little waif of a girl can just bullshit her hatchet back like freaking sliderman pulling on his web...

We couldn't even finish it with half an hour left to watch.
I am literally going to go install a toilet in my new house rather than sit through the rest of the movie in one go...

And for some readon, the movie was supposedly highly praised
I've heard good things about it actually, so you're review is surprising. Don't get me wrong I still had my doubts before I read your post MTV, but now I'm really gonna have to rope someone else into watching it with me.
What I was actually coming here to post was that fact that before Netflix Sandman came out the official story was "No we didn't change John Constantine into a woman, Joana Constantine is in the Sandman story already and your just sexist who doesn't know what he's talking about," to now and I saw a video labeled "Reimagining the character of Constantine". The fact that they cast the actress who played Clara in Doctor Who just makes it a little bit worse. I won't be watching this trainwreck, I knew it was gonna suck as soon as I saw Patton Oswald was gonna play Mathew.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:49 am

In terms of comparing the main character Naru to other recent "strong female character", she comes out smelling like a rose. She struggles, she has to train and learn, she fails multiple times and almost gets herself killed and her arrogance almost costs her her life multiple times.
But then she doesn't learn anything from those fucking experiences...

That said, her bratty attitude and shallow motivation suck ass, especially for a fucking 1700s hunter-gatherer society.

What is her motivation for wanting to be a hunter?
Well, to quote the character herself: "Because you all think i can't"

Again, she's a 15 year old girl in a hunter-gatherer society. By that point she should have seen so many memebers of her tribe die from starvation or disease because of bad years when they couldn't gather enough food or medicine for the winter, she should not be such an arrogant little brat.

More to the point, her entire tribe is not telling her she can't be a hunter because she has a vagina, they are all but spelling out to her: "You are not ready, you don't listen when we try to teach you or give you advice. You will just get yourself killed," and they treat her with kid gloves essentially

And it's not hard to give her motivation to want to become a hunter that can hunt other predators.
Have a scene where she as a child is going through the forest with her father, who is trying to teach her hunting and gathering tricks, when a bear attacks them and her fatjer sacrifices himself to save her.
That way, her motivation to become a hunter is to kill the bear who killed her father.

That will give the movie a reason to have her confront the poorly CGI-ed bear, almost get herself killed, when the predator interveens and steals her kill.

There, it isn't fucking hard.

People supposedly say this movie is the best since the original. Yeah, no. Predator 2 kicks its ass any day odćf the week and 5 out of 7 times, even the Predators with Adrien Brody is a better mpvie than this.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:01 pm

I watched some reviews of the She-Hulk show, and as both a fan of that character and a huge fan of the Hulk himself it just pisses me off. It's like Batwoman, they don't really care about who the character really is or why people like her, they just use her as a way to rip on an established more popular male character. Also you decide to make a show that leans more on She-Hulk's lawyer job then her superhero work...then you hire writers who admit they can't write courtroom drama!!!
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:35 pm

2 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:06 pm

1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:31 pm

How bad do you think the upcoming Fallout show is going to be?
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:59 am

Based on the trailer, it looks like a trainwreck.

First few seconds, immediately a peoblem with modern cars. They couldn't even bolt on some plastic shit on that HMMWV to give it the nuclear-punk esthetic of fallout?

CGI looks bad. Some of the games look better than that.

I don't know the name of the actor from Justified, but i do like his work, except it i don't think he'll be given a script worth his talent oe that he can salvage.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:06 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:59 am

Based on the trailer, it looks like a trainwreck.

First few seconds, immediately a peoblem with modern cars. They couldn't even bolt on some plastic shit on that HMMWV to give it the nuclear-punk esthetic of fallout?

CGI looks bad. Some of the games look better than that.

I don't know the name of the actor from Justified, but i do like his work, except it i don't think he'll be given a script worth his talent oe that he can salvage.
That is a fan made trailer, dude.
0 x