JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ISAK
Titan

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:18 pm

This animated movie will be done in Bruce Timm's art-style and will see the return of DC veterans who worked together on the fan-favorite Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series: Kevin Conroy as Batman. Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman, and George Newbern as Superman!

This might be testing the waters to see if people want a possible revival of the DCAU!
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm

0 x
FU DC

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Hopefully it is good and it does well.
1 x
FU DC

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:32 pm

I feel similarly Daisy. And I'm glad to see Kevin and Susan working together again. Hopefully their signature chemistry takes over their recording sessions and bleeds into the film 😁
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:25 am

I saw this the other day really nice I wonder what the story will be? The art style change is welcome I hate the uniform style all the New 52 inspired animated movies had.
1 x

ARB
Justice League

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 am

Hot damn, I had heard about Kevin, Susan, and George reprising their roles, but I didn't know the movie was going to be made in Timm's style. This is really encouraging for those campaigning for the DCAU's reunion. Hopefully this signals an end to the current awful New 52 inspired animated movie universe that has been on a steady decline for several years now.

Regarding BMWW, I highly doubt it will have any presence, and no matter how much chemistry Susan and Kevin have, they won't be able to do anything if the script doesn't allow for it. Hopefully the choice of voice actors and art style end up being factored into the script to make the movie a complete homage to the DCAU, rather than just being thrown in to bait people with nostalgia.

On a related note, rumour has it that both Batman's "The Long Halloween" and Superman: Red Son are receiving animated adaptations. I honestly couldn't care less for those direct adaptations as they're never anywhere near as good as the comics they're based on, and I fear they might end up adapting troublesome stories eventually (e.g. Kingdom Come.....*shudder*). I much rather they stick to original stories or those very loosely based on concepts from the comics rather than entire story lines.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:10 am

From what i head, "The Long Halloween" possible animated movie will be done inside the New 52-inspired animated movies universe. Lots of voice actors from those movies being listed.
0 x

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:57 am

Mixing new 52 with post crisis shit in their movies will always be a turn off. And if they are indeed failing in sales then that's a good ass feeling.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:49 am

ARB wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 am
I fear they might end up adapting troublesome stories eventually (e.g. Kingdom Come.....*shudder*).
Kingdom Come is/was an overblown mess masquerading as art. Visually striking, narratively weak; "all show and no go" as they say. How this Super Friends-level-plot-done-by-way-of-Miller/Gaiman still gets held up as this great master work still irks me. But I suppose that's the rub, it looks good and is easy to digest while playing off of base-level points of interest.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

no avatar
SuperMaster51
Young Justice

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five can be our biggest chance for getting back the DCAU that is not based on the stupid New 52. Although we cannot see WonderBat in the movie, but I want WonderBAt in that movie, we can make that DCAU back to the road and stop making New 52 movies.
It's our biggest chance to bring back DCAU and WonderBat.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm

I hope this movie turns out good, Its been a long time since I have been genuinely excited for a DC Animated movie. I hope it signifies a change in the overall direction of DC Animated movies. After seeing Into The Spider-Vese I can't help but think DC's animation is lagging behind. Imagine a Big screen Batman Beyond movie wrapping up the old DCAU continuity-wise, it could be so good.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm

You know, i just thought of something. We could ask Susan Eisenberg through Twitter if there will be any Wonderbat hints in the animated movie.
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm

ISAK wrote:
You know, i just thought of something. We could ask Susan Eisenberg through Twitter if there will be any Wonderbat hints in the animated movie.
That. Is. So. Freaking. True. Ahahahaha
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 am

That would be awesome but the realist in me thinks there is no way.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 pm

The_GD_Patman wrote:
Kingdom Come is/was an overblown mess masquerading as art. Visually striking, narratively weak; "all show and no go" as they say. How this Super Friends-level-plot-done-by-way-of-Miller/Gaiman still gets held up as this great master work still irks me. But I suppose that's the rub, it looks good and is easy to digest while playing off of base-level points of interest.
Kingdom Come is flaming hot garbage that only managed to succeed because it released back in the 90's, when the "Dark age" of comics was in full swing. A book allegedly loved by people for bringing hope and sincerity into superhero comics, while simultaniously having superheroes kill each other, and turning some of the most hopeful and optimistic superheroes such as Diana and Billy into raging lunatics or brainwashed villains, entirely destroying the character of the former and outright killing the latter. If Kingdom Come did succeed in doing anything, it was making me hate Alex Ross' art, as I can't see it nowadays without feeling my skin crawl.
ThatOneGuy wrote:
I hope this movie turns out good, Its been a long time since I have been genuinely excited for a DC Animated movie. I hope it signifies a change in the overall direction of DC Animated movies. After seeing Into The Spider-Vese I can't help but think DC's animation is lagging behind. Imagine a Big screen Batman Beyond movie wrapping up the old DCAU continuity-wise, it could be so good.
Into the Spider-Verse was a triumpth of Superhero movies and animation as a whole. I doubt current DC/WB could ever produce anything like it, as even if they had the right team make it, they would never get the script right.
ISAK wrote:
You know what, I love Susan, but after what happened today I'd rather not drag the poor woman into Twitter's ship wars. I don't think any of these actors, especially the older ones, realize the kind of fire they're playing with when they talk about ships, and poor Susan doesn't deserve to come under the crosshair of the BatCats. No one deserves that kind of crazy in their life.
2 x

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 am

People don't seem to keep this obvious fact in mind about Catwoman: she's apart of Batman's Rogues....you know...THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE GOTHAM WORSE. Sirens/Long Halloween??? YOU CAN SEE THAT SHE IS STANDING WITH THEM!! Wondy is NOT second choice. She's a first and that first is for Bats.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:41 am

ARB wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 pm
The_GD_Patman wrote:
Kingdom Come is flaming hot garbage that only managed to succeed because it released back in the 90's, when the "Dark age" of comics was in full swing. A book allegedly loved by people for bringing hope and sincerity into superhero comics, while simultaniously having superheroes kill each other, and turning some of the most hopeful and optimistic superheroes such as Diana and Billy into raging lunatics or brainwashed villains, entirely destroying the character of the former and outright killing the latter. If Kingdom Come did succeed in doing anything, it was making me hate Alex Ross' art, as I can't see it nowadays without feeling my skin crawl.
ThatOneGuy wrote:
Into the Spider-Verse was a triumpth of Superhero movies and animation as a whole. I doubt current DC/WB could ever produce anything like it, as even if they had the right team make it, they would never get the script right.
ISAK wrote:
You know what, I love Susan, but after what happened today I'd rather not drag the poor woman into Twitter's ship wars. I don't think any of these actors, especially the older ones, realize the kind of fire they're playing with when they talk about ships, and poor Susan doesn't deserve to come under the crosshair of the BatCats. No one deserves that kind of crazy in their life.
I saw that today too. These BatCats really are a sad lot aren't they? Imagine the kind of jobless life that predicates not only not being able to discern humor, but also having such a raging case of "white knight syndrome" for a fictional character that this level of toxic behavior is mentally construed as positive for its representation.

When do Catwoman fans end up as heavily memed as the other terrible fan bases? I cannot wait for that!
0 x
― Grant Morrison

ISAK
Titan

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 am

Unh... what the hell happened?
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:16 am

ISAK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 am
Unh... what the hell happened?
Read the replies if you can stomach it.

0 x
― Grant Morrison

ISAK
Titan

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:17 pm

I won't even click the comments. It must have been nasty.
0 x