JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:20 am

I doubt they’ll do Kingdom Come. Mainly because of Waid. He’s already burned so many bridges in the comic industry there was controversy around Justice League Doom getting made since DC pretty much didn’t invite him to help or the premiere. Now with Comicsgate Waid has had very public meltdowns on social media attacking fans and going full SJW (or tribalist).

DC for all its faults is a company still and controversy is a tricky issue. I think with Waid being so toxic anything associated with his brand scares investors.

Also I think considering Injustice already creeped into the DCEU for a bit and those films didn’t do that well, DC’s probably nervous about Kingdom Come.

I don’t know if they’ll do Red Son. I think it’s more popular because the twist at the end and Cold War story settings I don’t think sell it anymore. I think the Nail would probably do better. I mean they already did Superman Doomsday for the second time.
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

no avatar
SuperMaster51
Young Justice

Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Yes, they made The Death of Sumperman twice, but let's gonna hope that Kingdom Come don't be released. It's another bad history for Wonder Woman and Batman and I hope that Red Son don't happn too.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 pm

New trailer:

The sword still bothers me, but i guess that's a losing war. Wonder Woman's sporting a sword and shield even in Lauren Faust's 'DC Super Hero Girls'.
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:20 pm

ISAK wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 pm
New trailer:

The sword still bothers me, but i guess that's a losing war. Wonder Woman's sporting a sword and shield even in Lauren Faust's 'DC Super Hero Girls'.
To be honest, I don't think it's that problematic. I'm really enjoying the fact that the original voice actors are back to their roles. Let's just hope for anything wonderbat related, small or big.
0 x

no avatar
SuperMaster51
Young Justice

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Yes. Let's gonna hope that there Wonderbat moments once or two in the movie.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:47 pm

When is the movie coming out?
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Oficial trailer.

The movie comes out August.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 am

You know, i was thinking and i feel that this animated movie - Justice League vs. Fatal Five - might be the injection that not only WonderBat needs, but also the DC/WB animation department. If, and this is an ideal scenario, this movie proves to be good and a huge success, it could convince the Direct-to-DVD producers to do more animated movies set in the DCAU. And if it has a good dose of WonderBat moments, it'd remind people of the great pairing putting some much needed renewed pressure on DC.
But like i said, it's an ideal scenario kinda of thing. First the movie need to have some WonderBat moments, then the movie need to be good and well received, and then it needs to be a huge seller. Lots of ifs.
1 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:45 am

ISAK wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 am
You know, i was thinking and i feel that this animated movie - Justice League vs. Fatal Five - might be the injection that not only WonderBat needs, but also the DC/WB animation department. If, and this is an ideal scenario, this movie proves to be good and a huge success, it could convince the Direct-to-DVD producers to do more animated movies set in the DCAU. And if it has a good dose of WonderBat moments, it'd remind people of the great pairing putting some much needed renewed pressure on DC.
But like i said, it's an ideal scenario kinda of thing. First the movie need to have some WonderBat moments, then the movie need to be good and well received, and then it needs to be a huge seller. Lots of ifs.
Let's hope. God knows we could use a win right now.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 pm

I think the movie will be at the very least competently made which in of itself will be a big step up from DC's current animated offerings. The biggest problems I see so far are with the passing of the story and the portrayal of Wonder woman. If Timm can nail the movies passing and introduce all those new characters and concept seamlessly then it will be a hit.
Wonder woman's portrayal might be a problem, I don't like her swinging a sword around so much, I hope Timm doesn't ruin her character because if Wonder woman is portrayed poorly even if we get Wonderbat it would be in vain.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 pm

I'm not holding my breath for any solid BMWW, because 1) It's safer that way, and 2) Because Susan, despite how open she is about her BMWW support never once hinted or teased that the movie might have something for the fans despite how much she gets asked about it. With the BMWW seemingly being on DC's banlist, I won't put it past them to somehow make sure that it doesn't get represented in any form. With that being said, the movie being set in the DCAU continuity can only be a good thing.

If it succeed that will only mean more movies ad project set in the DCAU, and that means more chances to have BMWW back. This is a golden opportunity to show WB that the DCAU is still beloved and should be continued. Not just for BMWW, but for all the other things it got right. Never forget that DCAU's BMWW is merely the by product of the writers truly understanding the characters, and therefor being able to see the natural connection between them. Hoping for the best here.
1 x

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 pm

ISAK wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm
Oficial trailer.

The movie comes out August.
Actually This movie comes out on digital March 30 and on blue ray April 16 But they are also going to premier it at wondercon on the 29 .

https://dcanimated.com/2019/02/justice- ... ease-date/
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Chills :grin:

1 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Brings back memories, memories of a much better time.

I hope Timm delivers.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:12 pm

My biggest fear is that Timm will do something crazy and stupid like pairing Batman with Miss Martian. That'd be the worst.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 pm

ISAK wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:12 pm
My biggest fear is that Timm will do something crazy and stupid like pairing Batman with Miss Martian. That'd be the worst.
Timm likes them young :grin:

But seriously we all know that Timm only likes Batgirl. I don't think he will pull any stunts, especially after the whole Killing Joke debacle. Timm will play it safe.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 pm
I don't think he will pull any stunts, especially after the whole Killing Joke debacle. Timm will play it safe.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm

ISAK wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm

I stand very much corrected.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Yeah... i don't know what Bruce Timm was thinking. That's why worry because the teasers and trailers show Batman and Miss Martian too cozy for my comfort. I'm afraid that Timm will ignore everything and just pair Batman with the new resident redheaded youngster. That'd be awful. Specially for us WonderBat shippers.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 pm

I feel Timm has learned his lesson by now. Don't forget that the Batman & Harley movie was released no long after the Killing Joke, and these things are often written years in advance. I feel he won't be pulling any of this BS again any time soon. While I'm almost positive that there will be no BMWW in this movie, I'm nevertheless excited to see what the story will be like. It takes place in the DCAU continuity after all, and I expect Timm to respect his own creation and ideas, such as BMWW.
0 x