Ben Affleck Passes The Torch To Next Generation of Bruce Wayne

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ISAK
Titan

Ben Affleck Passes The Torch To Next Generation of Bruce Wayne

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Warner Bros. is dating their next rendition of Batman for June 25, 2021. This is the one that Matt Reeves has been attached to as writer and director. Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight’s tights after playing the Caped Crusader in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and Justice League and that’s because this movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Re: Ben Affleck Passes The Torch To Next Generation of Bruce Wayne

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Well, shit. What now?
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ISAK
Titan

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Pray Matt Reeves won't shove Catwoman in there as a love interest.
1 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 pm

ISAK wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 pm
Pray Matt Reeves won't shove Catwoman in there as a love interest.
Even if they swap out the man in the mask, nothing seems to be indicating we're getting any major deviation from the established DCEU continuity.

Hell, even the stuff about Trevor's return being permanent was shot down by Pine himself. I figure if we see Selina in the movies, any romance will be set in the past (as Bruce's dialogue in BvS implied) or perhaps it'll be a more platonic situation like in "The Batman" animated series.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

BatsGeek
Young Justice

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:02 pm

It was very tiring beforehand how this kept popping up in the news as a rumor. Now I'm glad it's over. Still, going with an old Batman should've never been the plan.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:11 pm

I do hope that we don't have another origin story. Batman does not need another origin story and neither does Superman. I do think we will not get any team up movies though for a least 5 years if ever again. So bye bye BMWW.
0 x
FU DC

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:22 pm

DaisyJane wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:11 pm
I do hope that we don't have another origin story. Batman does not need another origin story and neither does Superman. I do think we will not get any team up movies though for a least 5 years if ever again. So bye bye BMWW.
As I understand it, The Batman will pick up with a novice Batman, but not a rookie Batman. And I don't think it'll be a full 5 years... 3 to 5 maybe. Probably sooner if BoP illustrates the viability of multi character films to the studio again. As for BMWW, as long as the continuity hasn't died then the ship may ride. After all, remember where we last left those 2...
0 x
― Grant Morrison

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Welp. The DCEU is officially dead. Let the rebooting commence. DC has gotten pretty good at spamming the reboot button.
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:45 am

Knew this for like 2 years now but its nice people finally get the conformation and I can stop looking at and reading what blind fanboys are hoping for.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:02 am

0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 am

ISAK wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:02 am
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/31/sui ... ck-snyder/

So confusing.
WB learning the wrong lessons from their failures and making a mess of things again. Fuck me, why do I feel like things are just getting bumpier?
0 x
― Grant Morrison

Apolaki
Titan

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:46 pm

It sucks, but it's finally good to see a straight answer.

I also don't see how this makes the DCEU dead? As long as Snyder has barely any creative input, I think it'll be fine. Aquaman made more than a billion, then we got Shazam coming up. Evidently, I don't think they're focusing on continuity as much for now.
0 x
"All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine." - Batman

no avatar
SuperMaster51
Young Justice

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 pm

No. They're not interested in making Justice League movies right now. It's a good decision, but they will have to back to make Justice league movies. And, saddenly, we have to stay quiet with WonderBat in the DCEU, by now. The alone movies will take their time. And you know that DC and WB are making those movies for money, not for the fans.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:31 am

There is this too. The fella in this makes some good points.

0 x
― Grant Morrison

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:18 am

There you have it folks. Cant get any more official than this. Time to see who will take up the cowl next.

0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am

eurongreyo wrote:
There you have it folks. Cant get any more official than this. Time to see who will take up the cowl next.

The level of waste perpetrated by WB with Ben in this role is downright nauseating. :vomit:
0 x
― Grant Morrison

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:42 am

The_GD_Patman wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am
eurongreyo wrote:

The level of waste perpetrated by WB with Ben in this role is downright nauseating. :vomit:
Honesttly, Ive wasted too much energy getting annoyed at the whole DCEU situation so Im just glad the back and forth is finally over and we can continue in peace.
0 x

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Sidekick Trainee

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:28 pm

What an absolute waste, I’m honestly not terribly excited for the new movie. I love Batman more than any other fictional character, but we’ve seen a young Batman EVERY. SINGLE. FILM. he’s been in. BvS and Justice League were disappointing films, but Affleck had the potential to do something we hadn’t seen before in a solo Batman film. I hope I end up changing my mind, but I really just don’t want to deal with this nonsense right now.
0 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty