JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ISAK
Titan

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:15 pm

Well, we will get to see it in a few days. I hope to have a nice surprise.
1 x

ISAK
Titan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:09 pm

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!
0 x

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:41 am

Just got done watching the movie and I really love it Its definitely one of the best dc animated movie that dc has put out. :cool:

So a few thing

So if you where hoping for any wonderbat moments This movie has none. The big three are really supported players here.

And yes this is very much set in the DCAU There is a bunch of eater eggs and cameos.

This is a much watch.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

ISAK
Titan

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but someone actually told me there seemed to be a bit of nod to SMWW in this, with them interacting in a very concerned for each other kind of way, while WWBM gets nothing in comparison.

How true is this?
0 x

Bickerton
Justice League

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:34 pm

ISAK wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 pm
I haven't seen it yet, but someone actually told me there seemed to be a bit of nod to SMWW in this, with them interacting in a very concerned for each other kind of way, while WWBM gets nothing in comparison.

How true is this?
I didn't see any SMWW Nods in this as far as them being concerned for each other This is one scene where she is concerned for him But
Spoiler: Show
its understandable why she would be Superman nearly dies form bleeding after getting slashed in the stomach. And even then she just shows up at the medical by and ask him how he is doing.
So no no sm/ww nods of any kind.
1 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Siiiiiiiiggggghhhh, I mean it was pretty obvious but still.....

As for wtv that smww moment people are claiming, I'm only bothered by the delusion of these fans; like their concern for one another doesn't equate a romantic moment.

And now great, we also Hush. It's crazy how Wonderbat still doesn't have anything concrete after all this time. It's always a little tease then nothing.
0 x

Bickerton
Justice League

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm

ObiWanTran wrote:

As for wtv that smww moment people are claiming, I'm only bothered by the delusion of these fans; like their concern for one another doesn't equate a romantic moment.

And now great, we also Hush. It's crazy how Wonderbat still doesn't have anything concrete after all this time. It's always a little tease then nothing.
what was obvious?
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:41 pm

Bickerton wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm
ObiWanTran wrote:

what was obvious?
That we wouldn't have any Wonderbat moments
0 x

BatsGeek
Young Justice

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:45 pm

Couple of things here. Stop giving Batman sidekicks. He's fucking independent. Memory loss trope. And yes, no Wonderbat shit. Did they even speak to each other directly throughout this whole movie? Other than that...It's...alright. Doesn't taint the animated series.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Something to consider there in Susan's response.

1 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:28 pm

Then there's this too..

1 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:21 pm

0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Sidekick Trainee

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:11 am

I bought my copy of it, that’s all any of us can do to help out. I thought the movie was pretty kick ass.
0 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Very enjoyable movie. Hope we´ll see more in this style in the future. Sadly it had no Wonderbat moments, or even dialogue between Diana and Bruce, which was a bit dissapointing.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. I tried getting the best buy exclusive edition, but it was lost by the UPS guy. Here's hoping they manage to deliver it this time around. Bummer about the lack of any Diana and Bruce interactions. How can a project with both Timm, Susan Eisenberg, and Kevin Conroy not include a single interaction between the two ? Forget WonderBat, why wouldn't Diana and Bruce simply talk or address each other ? That sounds like craziness to me. It's disheartening to know that not even DCAU projects can have any WonderBat in them.

This is so disappointing on so many levels. I know Susan is promising more WonderBat if we can get more DCAU projects going or even a full-fledged #JLReunion, but at this point I feel that's hardly a sure thing given the tight hold DC has on everything involving shipping. Meanwhile we're getting a Hush movie nobody asked for. Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Writers seem to frequently forget to have Batman and Wonder woman interact, it was many movies into the NuDCAU movies before they said anything to each other it happens in the comics too sometimes and Timm isn't a Wonderbat fan. I doubt he even likes Wonder woman.

I think DC might at least suggest it in a future movie as they did back in the day IDK why but I could see them doing it. This movie wasn't focused on the classic gang so that might be why we didn't see much interaction from them too. I am still optimistic though.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed May 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Even if Timm wasn't a full on BMWW fan, he still made the relationship and popularized it so I'd like to believe he should feel some ownership over it. Beside I highly doubt Timm hates is. There's no way at all that Timm and the writers are unaware of BMWW's popularity and the love it gets from people. It was easily one of the defining aspects of the show, so them not even acknowledging it in the first DCAU related project they create in more than a decade doesn't strike me as something sensible.

There's no doubt that Susan at has at least brought up the question of BMWW to Timm, if they way she's been promoting the JL Reunion by heavily leaning on the WonderBat fanbase is any indication, so it bothers me that the movie doesn't even bother to give the two any kind of interaction. The DCAU has been the only safe haven for BMWW so far, so I'd hate to see DC's filthy hands touching it, and seeing how JLvsFF completely ignored the entire BMWW concept doesn't sit well with me.

I could've lived with them not pointing to the relationship, but to not even have Diana and Bruce share a conversation is just absurd. These are two people who are supposed to be very close regardless of any romantic feelings shared between them, so to do that in the one Universe where they're meant to be in love is a tough blow. I really hope that future DCAU projects rectify this, because otherwise I might just lose all hope of ever seeing the ship sail in anything.
0 x

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Sidekick Trainee

Wed May 01, 2019 11:50 pm

I think it can be chalked up to the fact that they’re basically secondary characters in this, the main focus of the film is Starboy and Jessica Cruz.
1 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty

BatsGeek
Young Justice

Thu May 02, 2019 12:52 am

Them not speaking makes me hesitant on buying it, yeah, but if Susan said they'll make up for it in the next film if this sells well thennnnn?
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Thu May 02, 2019 3:13 pm

No I still say we should support the movie. Even if it's not guaranteed, getting the chance to potentially influence the future of the DCAU and its possible return is a no brainer. I now own two copies of the exclusive Best Buy edition, as they ended up bringing me both the new copy I ordered, in addition to the one they originally lost.

So I feel like I've done my part at least. 34$ is nothing compared to the chance of getting some real DCAU projects in the future. So go out and get yourself a copy. Both the regular BD and the 4K versions are on sale right now (which hopefully doesn't mean that the movie didn't do well), so get yourself a copy if you feel like helping out the #JLReunion movement.
3 x