JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ISAK
Titan

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE FATAL FIVE direct-to-DVD animated movie

Fri May 03, 2019 12:23 am

The reason there's no moment shared between Batman and Wonder Woman is because this animated movie originally was going to be something else. I don't know if it was a DCAMU movie or not, but it definitely wasn't originally going to be a DCAU return. It became one rather late into its production when they brought Timm to design things and help them somewhat rewrite the script.

That's why i'm not that bothered about it. Be it Batman and Wonder Woman not interacting or Wonder Woman carrying a sword around. The only thing i'm hoping for is for it to sell well and they actually do a straight up DCAU revival with all the old cast, a better writing, and Wonderbat heavy moments.
1 x

ARB
Justice League

Fri May 03, 2019 1:09 am

Ah well that makes more sense then. This actually changes how I view this whole situation entirely. Could this be an attempt by WB to gauge interest in a DCAU revival by taking advantage of Timm's sudden involvement in the movie ? That possibility changes things quite a bit. If WB was willing to do this as a response to the DCAU revival demands then that bodes well for a reunion to happen. This makes me really excited to see how well this movie does, because the implications that might have on the future of the DCAU are tremendous.
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sun May 12, 2019 10:58 pm

I gave the movie a 3 out of 5. The main character is the new Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz, not the returning members of the Justice League and certainly not the Legion of superheroes. Jessica isn't a terrible character, but after seeing the movie I still would have preferred John Stewart. I just didn't need another Green Lantern. There isn't really any BM/WW moments, most of the film focuses on the new characters, especially Jessica.
Spoiler: Show
It ends with Jessica Cruz taking down the entire Fatal Five quickly and with ease after all the other heroes were just shown struggling to bring them down. Which I found kind of disappointing, especially when you compare it to the fighting that had been happening earlier.
All in all I found the movie to be okay, but not really what I wanted out of "The Return of the DCAU!"
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Sidekick Trainee

Mon May 13, 2019 6:24 pm

The fight Batman had with Mano was my favorite part of the film.
0 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty