SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ISAK
Titan

SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm

This is great news. Specially for our ship.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Sidekick Trainee

Re: SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Yes I am so excited to see Martian manhunter
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Wed May 20, 2020 4:30 pm

You know, i was still in doubt if Jim Lee leading DC alone would be good or not, but now i'm pretty confident on his tenure.
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Huh. Never really supported this to get made. Could lead to more Wonderbat stuff if it's successful.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Thu May 21, 2020 11:21 pm

We life in a truly strange timeline. I could not in a million years have predicted this. I hope we get all the original Wonderbat scenes my morbid curiosity would be satisfied as to what could have been.

On the whole Jim Lee bit. I'm not so sure he deserves much credit plus Lee is a lunatic, he supported the New 52 and designed those good awful collars.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Tue May 26, 2020 12:41 am

Wasn't sure if this deserved its own topic (it probably does but I couldn't think of a good topic title :P), but this is a pretty huge thing for BMWW.

Grace Randolph, and industry insider and a huge DC fan, has seemingly confirmed that WonderBat was indeed going to be a thing moving forward in the DCEU. She did so in a stream she made earlier yesterday. Jump to minute 6:43 if the video doesn't start there automatically...

Q: Do you think they will change the Wonder Woman and Batman relationship in the Snyder Cut ?

Grace: I think they will............I do know from what was planned for the other Justice League movies that relationship was going to move forward. It moves forward in a very controversial way, which I would be curious to see how fans would be if that was actually ever done.
So this quite the revelation. First, WonderBat was indeed going to be a thing in the DCEU. The scene with Diana and Bruce in BvS were indeed meant to be flirtatious, and no Joss Whedon wasn't the one who invented the relationship like many like to claim. The thing about the relationship moving in a controversial way and being crazy is pretty intriguing though. This might have something to do with Zack's original plan of ending his movies with Bruce's death, probably in a repeat of what happened to Steve, but not sure how "crazy" this would be.

Thoughts ? And what do you think will happen now that the Snyder Cut is coming, most likely with the original WonderBat plans restored ?
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm

This is honestly freaking amazing. I never thought in a million years that the campaign would succeed or that Snyder would be down.
ARB wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:41 am
So this quite the revelation. First, WonderBat was indeed going to be a thing in the DCEU. The scene with Diana and Bruce in BvS were indeed meant to be flirtatious, and no Joss Whedon wasn't the one who invented the relationship like many like to claim. The thing about the relationship moving in a controversial way and being crazy is pretty intriguing though. This might have something to do with Zack's original plan of ending his movies with Bruce's death, probably in a repeat of what happened to Steve, but not sure how "crazy" this would be.

Thoughts ? And what do you think will happen now that the Snyder Cut is coming, most likely with the original WonderBat plans restored ?
WonderBat is the only part that interests me (not a fan of Snyder's stuff otherwise). That being said, I'm more curious about how this will play into the overall plans of WB for the DCEU. From what I heard, they were dropping Snyder connections from it entirely, so the fate of WonderBat may depend on how they plan to do this series - as it was originally or a "remake" of sorts to make it fit better in case they want Zack to come back onboard. "Controversial" bit is probably Batman dying - I really can't see anything more out-there than that for WB execs and stuff like that is probably why they dropped Snyder in the first place; they wanted their own MCU, he wanted his own Nolan trilogy.

And never thought I'd say this but I really want Affleck back. From what I hear of Battinson's film and Robert's overall attitude towards the character and getting into form for it, Affleck returning would be the best choice by a country mile. If not that, at least someone who gives a crap about Batman and putting in 100% for the role.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ARB
Justice League

Wed May 27, 2020 12:50 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm
WonderBat is the only part that interests me (not a fan of Snyder's stuff otherwise). That being said, I'm more curious about how this will play into the overall plans of WB for the DCEU. From what I heard, they were dropping Snyder connections from it entirely, so the fate of WonderBat may depend on how they plan to do this series - as it was originally or a "remake" of sorts to make it fit better in case they want Zack to come back onboard. "Controversial" bit is probably Batman dying - I really can't see anything more out-there than that for WB execs and stuff like that is probably why they dropped Snyder in the first place; they wanted their own MCU, he wanted his own Nolan trilogy.

And never thought I'd say this but I really want Affleck back. From what I hear of Battinson's film and Robert's overall attitude towards the character and getting into form for it, Affleck returning would be the best choice by a country mile. If not that, at least someone who gives a crap about Batman and putting in 100% for the role.
I don't think Snyder really got to show his definitive versions of the characters. He took time to get to that point with some questionable decisions thrown in there, which immediately alienated most people. Snyder's Batman is the only cinematic version of the character that had me excited to see where it all was going. Battinson in comparison seems like a tired rehash of the same old stuff we've been getting for years, a direction I'm frankly completely sick off at this point.

Yeah WonderBat was definitely going to be quite the thing has WB proceeded with their original plans. It seems the ship is cursed to fall apart right before things are about to become official. Hilarious how some people still to this day insist that BMWW was only ever the delusion of some randos and Bruce Timm, and was never actually a thing at any point in time. I agree that Batman dying is the most controversial thing I can think of, but if you watch the video Grace makes it sound much worse. I don't know what else she could be talking about, which is why I'm puzzled. Of course if the Snyder Cut proves to be a success, expect more WonderBat in the future. I'm just glad we're finally getting the WonderBat we deserve.

According to reports, the Snyder Cut will receive somewhere between 20M~30M to finish the VFX and do some reshoots/pick ups, and according to a recent interview the budget might even be higher. All the actors involved had their contracts extended for the additional scenes, and if rumors are to be believed WB is trying to negotiate with Zack to add new scenes that setup MOS2 and JL2. Most seem to agree that if the Snyder Cut proves to be a big success that it definitely will be the start of something. There are even murmurs of Batfleck possibly not being done yet with the role after recent events presumably changed a lot of things.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 am

Just want to chime in on why this is happening much to our benefit. WB is launching HBO Max and they need something to get people to come over and check out the streaming service. All the buzz on the internet regarding the Snyder Cut and I think plans to create more DC content for the service lead to this happening. If we can get a JL2 with these characters then I am prepared to get the streaming service. It is all about the streaming wars right now so studios are going to try to put the best stuff they can out there.
0 x
FU DC

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Thu May 28, 2020 7:13 am

What a time to be alive, It still don't completely set in with me that this is truly happening, this might be the first something of this scale and size is happening.

I really do hope we get more Wonderbat even if the only reason we'll be getting it is to promote HBO Max.

I'm not as happy with the direction that Snyder was heading in as some of you but at this point I much prefer his unorthodoxy to the certain mediocrity that Patterson's Batman would deliver.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Thu May 28, 2020 4:15 pm

I don't think that the movie will be good, not when you look at the other Snyder DC films, but I am overjoyed that it is coming out, if for no other reason that it pisses off all those assholes who keep writing hit pieces on "toxic fandom". I'm currently trying the free week of HBOMAX, and at the very least I'm going to pay for a month when the Synder Cut finally comes out next year.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

ARB
Justice League

Thu May 28, 2020 6:56 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:13 am
I'm not as happy with the direction that Snyder was heading in as some of you but at this point I much prefer his unorthodoxy to the certain mediocrity that Patterson's Batman would deliver.
That's exactly how I feel about it. At this point I'll take anything that's not just more of the same. My biggest problem with Snyder is that he seems to believe that in order to get the characters where he wants them to be, that he's allowed to break any and all rules that make the characters who they are. E.g. Batman wanton manslaughter in BvS, or Superman snapping Zod's neck in MOS. I understand why he did what he did, but I don't believe his intent justify the extreme portrayal of the characters, especially in Batman's case.

I don't think Zack is incapable of writing the DC characters decently, but the road he decided to take pretty much guaranteed that most DC fans will immediately hate his work. Still as you've said, I'll take Zack's unorthodox writing over the same boring Nolan-esque stuff any day of the week.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Ya that's really it, I get what Snyder is going for but he need to respect the history and orthodoxy of these characters Batman in particular

Anything is better than the status quo, look I like the Nolan movies hell I love them but it's time to move on, we've talked about this, there are more dementions to the DC Universe to explore other than grounded psuedo realism.

So ya I'm looking forward to Snyder Cut if only to cut throw to mediocrity.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Thu May 28, 2020 10:20 pm

I might be in the minority here because i hold Batman v Superman as one of my favorite superhero movies. I specially liked his take on Batman, manslaughter and all. An older Batman who broke after 20 years of fighting crime because he realized he couldn't affect any meaningful and specially positive lasting change in all that time and then took to extremism as a last resort thus becoming the very thing he swore to fight in the beginning is an inspiring take. Sure, it isn't a very flattering take. In fact none of them - Superman, Wonder Woman, and so on - were, but they were interesting and daring. And in the end you've the characters attempting to face their demons and looking for redemption.
And yeah, i agree with you guys. When i first heard about the Reeve's Batman film i kind dug the idea of a very noir take, but then after hearing more and more about it i realized he just wants to do another Nolan's trilogy, but now with more Batman rogues mushed together and we already had that.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 pm
Anything is better than the status quo, look I like the Nolan movies hell I love them but it's time to move on, we've talked about this, there are more dementions to the DC Universe to explore other than grounded psuedo realism.

So ya I'm looking forward to Snyder Cut if only to cut throw to mediocrity.
I liked Nolan's movies at the time, even TDKR. While my opinion on TDRK soured almost immediately after a second viewing and only continued to deteriorate the more I thought about the movie, I've been hating the entire trilogy more and more with every passing year. The legacy of TDK trilogy might just be one of the worst things to happen to Batman in recent years. It completely warped the perception of the character and he has yet to recover from that. Sure the fault doesn't really lie with Nolan himself, but he unwittingly set Batman on a terrible path with no escape in sight. So yeah I'm over those movies too. The Snyder Cut honestly can't come soon enough.
ISAK wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:20 pm
I might be in the minority here because i hold Batman v Superman as one of my favorite superhero movies. I specially liked his take on Batman, manslaughter and all. An older Batman who broke after 20 years of fighting crime because he realized he couldn't affect any meaningful and specially positive lasting change in all that time and then took to extremism as a last resort thus becoming the very thing he swore to fight in the beginning is an inspiring take. Sure, it isn't a very flattering take. In fact none of them - Superman, Wonder Woman, and so on - were, but they were interesting and daring. And in the end you've the characters attempting to face their demons and looking for redemption.
And yeah, i agree with you guys. When i first heard about the Reeve's Batman film i kind dug the idea of a very noir take, but then after hearing more and more about it i realized he just wants to do another Nolan's trilogy, but now with more Batman rogues mushed together and we already had that.
I don't mind seeing Bruce going off the deep end, it's just that I believe it'd take far more than what Zack's shown to push Bruce that far. Also, what happened in BvS was not Bruce resorting to murder because he thought it would solve anything. What happened was Bruce becoming callous and cold, no longer caring for the lives of the criminals he fights and therefore allowing them to be killed. If you watch the movie carefully you'll notice that Bruce never goes out of his way to murder anyone, but he had no qualms running cars off the road or flipping them over. Even in the one instant where it seems Bruce was intent on murder during the car chase when one of the cars started shooting at him, he still only shot the car itself rather than the criminals even though that still led to their death. It might seem like semantics but I do think that shows Zack's intent and that he remained consistent throughout the movie. He himself said that what Bruce did was manslaughter rather than murder, which he got mocked for despite the fact that it shows exactly what his intent was with Bruce's arc.

Bruce lost hope in humanity and no longer believed in redemption. He lost his compassion. That's why he cared little for any casualties that occurred during his fights, because it's only irredeemable criminals getting killed and they had it coming. I completely understand the arc that Zack's envisioned for Bruce, I just didn't buy the justification he used for pushing Bruce that far, and I don't believe Bruce could come back after having that much blood on his hands. Ultimately, I chose to ignore that aspect of the movie, which is why I still enjoyed BvS overall and I can't wait to see Zack's JL where everyone should behave more like themselves. In fact I give Zack props for even recognizing Bruce's compassion enough to have it be the center of his character arc, but still the execution left me unsatisfied.

Reeve's Batman sounds almost engineered to be as boring and as uninteresting as possible. As I've said I'm over grim realistic Batman. I want my supernatural and surreal Batman stories, with villains who're not Joker/Bane/Penguin/Riddler/Catwoman. Even Two-Face, who's my favorite A-list Batman villain can sit the next few movies out. I want to see the more monstrous side of Batman's rogues gallery like Killer Crock, Man-Bat, or even Clayface take center stage for once.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat May 30, 2020 12:31 am

It sounds like you hate the legacy of the Nolan movies more than the movie's themselves which is understandable. I will still defend the integrity of the films in question though. Just like Miller's TDKR Nolan completely changed the game and just like it's not Miller's or TDKR's fault people took the wrong lesson I can't blame Nolan or his movies for modern writers taking the wrong lesson either.

With regard to Snyder and his treatment of Batman; it's the first time I have heard the whole murder manslaughter thing and it does make sense now that I think about it but unlike you I can't overlook it so easily. Batman is defined by his morality in other words he is defined by what he refuses to do, something both Miller and Nolan got right ironically enough, I just can't overlook something like that in regards to the character.

But yeah we are on the same page with regards to wanting to see a more fantastical take on Batman and for the time being Snyder might be my best hope of that, just pray that when)if the Snyder take on Batman becomes more popular people won't learn the wrong lesson from his take and glorify the "manslaughter" aspect of his take on Batman....and the cycle continues.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Sat May 30, 2020 8:34 pm

That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think the Nolan movies are the second coming of Jesus like many seem to think, but I liked them fine on their own. I probably enjoyed Begins the most overall, with TDK following behind it but losing the more pulpy feel of the first movie. TDKR is trash though and I'm not sure how I didn't realize that my first time watching it. As I've said I know it's not really Nolan's fault that people came away with the wrong lessons from his movies, but ultimately the only way I believe a work should be judged is by its legacy. Nolan's trilogy sadly didn't help Batman in any real way in the long run. Sure it brought in new fans of the character, but it did that at the cost of distorting and twisting people's perception of the character. So ultimately it wasn't worth it. Regarding Frank Miller, I think the guy himself has been doing a bang up job tarnishing the legacy of TDKR on his own.

When the comics and the movies have been doing nothing but alienating me from the Batman I've known and loved, Zack's interpretation of the character seemed like the only place I'd get anything resembling the kinda of Batman I wanted. Sadly, unless I was willing to look past the manslaughter, there was no other place for me to turn. Batman in the DCEU just seemed like he was heading in the most promising direction I've seen the character head in for the past 10 years or so, and you can see that from the get go with how the Batfleck movie had Deathstroke as its villain. We were even about to get WonderBat. So yeah I am willing to look past the stuff in BvS if it meant I'd finally get a Batman I could enjoy. But of course your mileage may vary.

On this we both agree, and as you said it seems Zack's JL and any potential future outings of Batfleck are our only real chance of seeing a more fantastical take on the character. Something more akin to the Post-Crisis/DCAU in spirit. The fact that Batfleck was going against Deathstroke, a super-soldier, was honestly very reassuring as it showed that they were finally willing to put Batman against more than mobsters. With any luck (or a miracle) perhaps these plans will still come to fruition in the future. For what it's worth I don't see people taking the killing aspect of Batfleck to heart as it's already a hugely contentious aspect, and I honestly don't see Batfleck ever becoming that popular, not after everything that's happened.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sun May 31, 2020 5:24 am

In terms of directors, I wouldn't mind Guy Ritchie taking a whack at Batman. I was watching his Sherlock Holmes movies on TV the other night (had them back-to-back viewings, guess they needed something to make up for the sports slot) and it struck me just how accurately done they were to Holmes' overall character despite ostensibly being action movies. As action movies, they are also very nicely filmed. I think Batman could really benefit from this fusion of some over-the-top action and cleverly witty writing that still stays true to the overall core of his persona.

Or maybe it's just my fondness for British film directors. I mean, I've wanted Edgar Wright to have a crack at Wonder Woman for freaking forever.

As for Nolan, I still hold Batman Begins as one of the better Batman films ever made. The focus on fear and darkness and giving Gotham this gritty, worn-down, crazy-looking metropolis appearance really added to sense of mystery and slight horror that in my opinion all Batman stories should have. Batman should always have a touch of the supernatural to him, even if in the background, it's how his stories work best. The Dark Knight is...OK if you ignore that it's supposed to be a Batman movie and just focus on Heath Ledger's Joker. The Dark Knight Rises was just hot garbage from start to finish and the only good thing that came out of it is Baneposting, which was 4chan mocking Nolan's shitty dialogue in the first place.

I'm also hard-pressed to give a crap about Batman killing (not that it excuses Batman's back-ass-wards characterization in B v. S) when every single Batman film has had Batman murdering someone. Joker in '89, a bunch of thugs and probably Penguin (can't remember) in Returns, Two-Face in Forever, a bunch of thugs in Batman & Robin, a shitload of ninjas and Ra's al Ghul in Begins, Two-Face again in The Dark Knight (literally five minutes after saving Joker too) and Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Returns. Battinson is probably gonna ice someone too.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sun May 31, 2020 9:05 am

Found a leak of all the original scenes from Justice League before it got Frankenstein'd to hell and back. Take with a grain of salt but a lot of the scenes sound legit since I remember seeing mentions of them from way, way back when JL was first undergoing production troubles. Entire thing copied verbatim, nothing's been altered. POSSIBLE SPOILERS GALORE, READ AT OWN RISK.
Spoiler: Show
Alternative opening with Lois Lane has a nightmare about Superman’s death. She awakens in her apartment and visits Hero Park.

Extended version of Batman attempting to recruit Aquaman in Norway.

Extended version of Wonder Woman fighting terrorists in London.

Extended version of Steppenwolf’s arrival in Themyscira. The Mother Boxes were awakened by humanity’s despair over Superman’s death, and he wants to retrieve them because they contain the spirit of his mother Heggra, whose power Steppenwolf seeks to usurp his brother, Darkseid.

Steppenwolf can transform humans into Parademons. During his arrival in Themyscira, one of the Amazons is infected and kills herself to avoid the transformation.

Steppenwolf hides in an abandoned power plant in Ukraine and communicates with Heggra’s spirit to inform that Earth is unprotected.

Barry Allen saves Iris West during a car crash.

Cyborg interfaces with the Mother Box and learns to fly.

Lois Lane investigates the scientists’ disappearance at the Daily Planet.

Silas Stone and his assistant Ryan Choi work at S.T.A.R. Labs.

Batman finds an abandoned warehouse filled with cocoons where people are being turned into Parademons, and is attacked by one, but manages to escape.

Alerted of Steppenwolf’s arrival, Wonder Woman travels to an ancient temple to learn more about Apokolips’ first invasion.

Wonder Woman visits Batman at a Wayne Aerospace hangar where he is working on the Flying Fox, and they discuss the impending invasion.

Batman and Wonder Woman visit Lex Luthor at Arkham Asylum to learn more about the Mother Boxes. Luthor refuses to speak until Batman breaks his fingers.

Extended version of the “History Lesson”: Darkseid invades Earth in pre-historic times in search of the Anti-Life Equation, but is defeated by an alliance between humans, Amazons, Atlanteans, Green Lanterns and the Old Gods and returns to Apokolips, leaving the Mother Boxes behind.

Cyborg interfaces with the Mother Box again and revisits his past: He was the star quarterback of Gotham City University, but Silas missed all of his games. His mother Lenore Stone is driving him home during a storm when he lashes out about his father not caring about him. Lenore becomes distract, loses control of the car and it crashes. She dies and he is badly injured.

During the interface, Cyborg senses that he can control Earth’s entire nuclear arsenal, but rejects this.

Extended version of Steppenwolf’s assault on Atlantis. Aquaman fights Parademons while Mera fights Steppenwolf.

Aquaman speaks to Mera and Vulko. Mera wants him to stay as king, Vulko urges him to follow his heart. Aquaman wants to help humanity, so Vulko leads him to the tomb of kings and gives Aquaman the armor and trident of his ancestors.

Cyborg returns to his apartment after meeting Wonder Woman and learns the Parademons have abducted Silas. He manages to retrieve the Mother Box before them.

Extended tunnel battle. Flash fights a Parademon. Cyborg fights Steppenwolf. Flash and Cyborg rescue the scientists after Steppenwolf causes the tunnel to collapse.

At the hangar, Cyborg interfaces with the Mother Box again and learns that the Nazis found it during World War II, but failed to harness its power and locked it away for years, until it was discovered by A.R.G.U.S. and given to S.T.A.R. Labs.

Cyborg learns Steppenwolf plans to revive Superman through the Mother Box, and Batman decides to do it first.

Extended version of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg digging up Superman. Flash and Cyborg talk about superhero codenames, Wonder Woman and Aquaman discuss how to deal with Superman if he is reborn evil.

Silas helps the team infiltrate S.T.A.R. Labs by evacuating its personnel. The team revives Superman at Silas’ laboratory after confirming that the Codex will prevent Superman from transforming into a Doomsday-like monster.

During Superman’s rebirth, Cyborg has a vision of Superman destroying the world under the influence of the Anti-Life Equation.

Extended Hero Park fight. Superman attacks police officers and Cyborg saves them. Batman isn’t present. Lois arrives on her own after spotting an explosion.

The team regroups at Silas’ laboratory after Superman leaves. Steppenwolf attacks, disintegrates Silas and steals the Mother Box.

Deathstroke breaks Luthor out of Arkham and is instructed to meet him later at Luthor’s yacht.

Extended Kent Farm sequence. Superman is overwhelmed by his powers, so Martha Kent comforts him with the “pretend my voice is an island” speech. Superman later goes into the cornfield and talks to an apparition of Jonathan Kent who encourages him to be the hero he was born to be.

The team regroups at the hangar. Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg meet Alfred. Batman and Wonder Woman discuss the Knightmare. Cyborg leaves in anger.

Cyborg visits his own grave and mourns his father’s death. Heggra attempts to influence him through Cyborg’s connection to the Mother Box, offering to make him whole again.

In Ukraine, Steppenwolf revives Heggra’s spirit and begins terraforming the planet.

Batman and Wonder Woman discuss the impending battle while she tends to his injuries. He blames himself for his role in Superman’s death and believes he can only atone by sacrificing himself.

Batman and Alfred discuss the impending battle while weaponizing the Flying Fox. Alfred urges him to believe in his team.

Superman visits the Kryptonian ship. It senses his presence and produces a new suit for him. He suits up and flies away.

Superman visits Alfred at Wayne Manor to know where the team has gone.

Batman attempts to sacrifice himself to lure away the Parademons while the team infiltrates Steppenwolf’s base, but the team saves him.

Extended final battle. Batman operates an Apokoliptian cannon and rides an Apokoliptian hovercycle.

Cyborg attempts to separate the Mother Boxes. Heggra communicates with him, offering to revive his family if he surrenders to her, but Cyborg refuses. He has more visions of Superman destroying Earth under Darkseid’s influence.

Heggra unleashes an energy blast that disintegrates Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg. Flash manages to run away fast enough to breach the space-time barrier and travel a few minutes back in time, saving Cyborg and changing the future.

In the new timeline, Superman helps Cyborg separate the Mother Boxes and destroy them. Steppenwolf rips Cyborg apart in a fit of rage and attempts to subjugate Superman to his will, but Superman resists his influence and destroys his battle-axe.

With the Mother Boxes destroyed and his Parademons defeated, Steppenwolf opens a boom tube to return to Apokolips, but Wonder Woman intercepts and beheads him. His head falls through the portal and lands at Darkseid’s feet. The team sees Darkseid and his massive army for the first time, and he promises to “see them soon” before the portal collapses.

At Kent Farm, Lois and Martha talk about the team. After Lois leaves, Martha reveals herself to be the Martian Manhunter in disguise. He has been impersonating General Swanwick to monitor Earth’s meta-humans for years.

Batman and Flash transfer Cyborg’s remains in the Batcave in order to rebuild him. Batman gives Flash a new suit.

In Norway, Aquaman returns the armor and trident to Vulko and Mera. They ask him to join them in Atlantis, but he refuses and returns to Amnesty Bay.

In Central City, Barry spots Iris at the bookstore and approaches her.

In Gotham, Batman and Wonder Woman discuss turning Wayne Manor into the Hall of Justice.

In Metropolis, Clark returns to the Daily Planet and Lois introduces him to Perry White as Superman.

Original post-credits scene 1: Batman is awakened by a bright green light outside his lakeside cottage and steps outside to find Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter, who need his help.

Original post-credits scene 2: Deathstroke meets Luthor, who hires him to kill Batman in revenge for Batman locking him up.

Deleted subplot about General Swanwick and his unit monitoring the events, from the scientists’ kidnappings to the Battle of Ukraine, to set up the Martian Manhunter reveal.
Seems kind of harmless, TBH. If true, not sure why WB panicked so much that they put the kibosh on it. I'm guessing the problem was in Snyder's execution.
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Sun May 31, 2020 12:50 pm

Hm. Plenty of Cyborg in these scenes. The League still feels weird with him being there in place of J'onn which seems to hardly ever get mentioned.
0 x