SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ARB
Justice League

Re: SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:24 am
As for Nolan, I still hold Batman Begins as one of the better Batman films ever made. The focus on fear and darkness and giving Gotham this gritty, worn-down, crazy-looking metropolis appearance really added to sense of mystery and slight horror that in my opinion all Batman stories should have. Batman should always have a touch of the supernatural to him, even if in the background, it's how his stories work best. The Dark Knight is...OK if you ignore that it's supposed to be a Batman movie and just focus on Heath Ledger's Joker. The Dark Knight Rises was just hot garbage from start to finish and the only good thing that came out of it is Baneposting, which was 4chan mocking Nolan's shitty dialogue in the first place.

I can't believe how many people don't see this. This idea of Batman as some joe schmoe in a Halloween costume has taken such strong roots within people ever since the Nolan movies got popular, which is why I blame Nolan for what's been happening to the character for the past 10 years. I also completely agree on the supernatural elements lurking in the background of Batman's stories. That's how it should always be, but no that's not gritty or realistic enough. I can't even begin to count the number of times I was told that I obviously knew nothing about Batman if I thought his stories should have some supernatural bent to them.

I think the story that cemented the idea of the supernatural belonging in Batman's world in my mind was the Cult. The story ends leaving us unsure of whether what happened was actually the work of an immortal shaman or just a conman using drugs to brainwash people. The supernatural should always be this faint noise in the background that makes you question whether the craziness that happens in Gotham is real or not. Funny how Gotham houses some of the most supernatural elements in the DCU, with entire books like Gotham by Midnight dedicated to the city's paranormal side, and yet Batman continues to be ignorant of it.
wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:05 am
Found a leak of all the original scenes from Justice League before it got Frankenstein'd to hell and back. Take with a grain of salt but a lot of the scenes sound legit since I remember seeing mentions of them from way, way back when JL was first undergoing production troubles. Entire thing copied verbatim, nothing's been altered. POSSIBLE SPOILERS GALORE, READ AT OWN RISK.

Seems kind of harmless, TBH. If true, not sure why WB panicked so much that they put the kibosh on it. I'm guessing the problem was in Snyder's execution.
Yeah nothing really all that crazy in there. I'm somewhat disappointed. Interesting that the scene with Diana patching up Bruce was in Zack's original cut as well. I could've sworn that was one of Whedon's. Unless the scene is wildly different even though it takes place within a similar context. Snyder's cut seems to not have much Batman overall. That original post credit scene was obviously supposed to set up Batfleck's solo movie. I've seen Deathstroke's actor hinting that the original post credit scene will be restored, which has very interesting implications on Batfleck's future in the DCEU. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of talking about Batfleck potentially returning to the DCEU. Crazy times.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:30 am

Like the first Batman two part story was when he fought the Mad Monk, A VAMPIRE, and yet people insist on Batman being "realistic". Batman should be as realistic as James Bond, or John Wick. Or someone like James Bond or John Wick who occasionally fights VAMPIRES!
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

ISAK
Titan

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:41 pm

ARB wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 am
I don't mind seeing Bruce going off the deep end, it's just that I believe it'd take far more than what Zack's shown to push Bruce that far. Also, what happened in BvS was not Bruce resorting to murder because he thought it would solve anything. What happened was Bruce becoming callous and cold, no longer caring for the lives of the criminals he fights and therefore allowing them to be killed. If you watch the movie carefully you'll notice that Bruce never goes out of his way to murder anyone, but he had no qualms running cars off the road or flipping them over. Even in the one instant where it seems Bruce was intent on murder during the car chase when one of the cars started shooting at him, he still only shot the car itself rather than the criminals even though that still led to their death. It might seem like semantics but I do think that shows Zack's intent and that he remained consistent throughout the movie. He himself said that what Bruce did was manslaughter rather than murder, which he got mocked for despite the fact that it shows exactly what his intent was with Bruce's arc.

Bruce lost hope in humanity and no longer believed in redemption. He lost his compassion. That's why he cared little for any casualties that occurred during his fights, because it's only irredeemable criminals getting killed and they had it coming. I completely understand the arc that Zack's envisioned for Bruce, I just didn't buy the justification he used for pushing Bruce that far, and I don't believe Bruce could come back after having that much blood on his hands. Ultimately, I chose to ignore that aspect of the movie, which is why I still enjoyed BvS overall and I can't wait to see Zack's JL where everyone should behave more like themselves. In fact I give Zack props for even recognizing Bruce's compassion enough to have it be the center of his character arc, but still the execution left me unsatisfied.
You're right about the manslaughter part, but the reason Bruce stop caring if criminals lived or not was mostly because he purposely decided to become more extreme on his fight against crime in a misguided attempt to make a bigger difference in Gotham and leave his mark. It's just that at some point prior to the beginning of the movie he ended up realizing that not even branding or outright living them to die did any difference. That's where his "Criminals are like weeds" speech comes from. He was in such a bad spot at the beginning of the movie that even the idea of Batman or the literal concept of heroism had lost all its meaning to him. That's why in the end he decided to sacrifice himself by attempting to kill Superman. He was desperate to make his life and the years of sacrifices count in some way and was literally grasping at anything that could give him a muster of hope that this time it'd all have a meaning.
Now this is my reading of the movie, but i believe that the reason he hated Superman wasn't because he saw Superman as an uncaring alien - like i see many people thinking - but rather because he saw himself in Superman. He was someone that had hope he could be a hero and change Gotham, all for in the end to realize that all he did was nothing but lead people astray and hurt others. Gotham didn't change at all, if anything it changed for worse. He was no better than the criminals he'd hunted. So he opens the TV and there is Superman playing the role of the hero while the news exposes all his many fuck-ups - fabricated by Lex Luthor. Bruce sees that and in his self-hatred thinks that Superman is right on the same path as his. One day Superman will realize that all his efforts were for naught and then what? What will Superman do in his desperation? Cast away his morals and codes, and get extreme like he tried to do? Could the world survive that?
So in my understanding of the movie Batman hunted Superman because he saw in Superman much of himself. The end then serves to show him that Superman wasn't like him, but rather had more in common with his father: Thomas Wayne. Superman's just a guy trying to protect those close to him. That's all. And since the movie shows Batman idolizes his father he ends up seeing Superman in a new light. And it's important to note that Batman only truly attempt to change his methods right at the end of the movie when Superman's already dead and buried.
RadicalLogic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:05 am
Seems kind of harmless, TBH. If true, not sure why WB panicked so much that they put the kibosh on it. I'm guessing the problem was in Snyder's execution.
It's important to note that this is already based on the altered script written by Zack Snyder, Chris Terio, AND Geoff Johns. Snyder and Terio had to change their plans after Batman v Superman was panned and the studio got scared that the three parter Justice League movies they had planned and WRITTEN was too dark and creepy, and that it wouldn't go well with audiences. So Johns wormed himself into the production and "helped" Snyder and Terio write a more positive and pop-corny script that was now supposed to be a single movie. This is ultimately what Snyder filmed before plans got changed even further.
Rumor has it that even after that the studio wasn't happy because Johns apparently was acting as a back-stabbing bitch and Snyder's name was now a box-office poison. So thus enter Josh Whedon.

I don't know if this is true, but it seems Snyder's thinking about adding stuffs from his original Snyder/Terio's script.
0 x

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Well look at this

Justice League Snyder Cut May Give Batman Some Romance

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/jus ... ign=buffer

i would take this with a grain of salt but lets hope.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:29 pm

ARB wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:41 am
Wasn't sure if this deserved its own topic (it probably does but I couldn't think of a good topic title :P), but this is a pretty huge thing for BMWW.

Grace Randolph, and industry insider and a huge DC fan, has seemingly confirmed that WonderBat was indeed going to be a thing moving forward in the DCEU. She did so in a stream she made earlier yesterday. Jump to minute 6:43 if the video doesn't start there automatically...

Q: Do you think they will change the Wonder Woman and Batman relationship in the Snyder Cut ?

Grace: I think they will............I do know from what was planned for the other Justice League movies that relationship was going to move forward. It moves forward in a very controversial way, which I would be curious to see how fans would be if that was actually ever done.
So this quite the revelation. First, WonderBat was indeed going to be a thing in the DCEU. The scene with Diana and Bruce in BvS were indeed meant to be flirtatious, and no Joss Whedon wasn't the one who invented the relationship like many like to claim. The thing about the relationship moving in a controversial way and being crazy is pretty intriguing though. This might have something to do with Zack's original plan of ending his movies with Bruce's death, probably in a repeat of what happened to Steve, but not sure how "crazy" this would be.

Thoughts ? And what do you think will happen now that the Snyder Cut is coming, most likely with the original WonderBat plans restored ?
I cant stand this woman wasnt she the one who keep saying that wonder woman 2 was going to be a soft flashpoint style reboot.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Bickerton wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:27 pm
Well look at this

Justice League Snyder Cut May Give Batman Some Romance

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/jus ... ign=buffer

i would take this with a grain of salt but lets hope.
A full on romance with even kissing? IDK but maybe it's just the pessimist in me but I don't see them going that far but if they did it would be something.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54 pm

Bickerton wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:29 pm
I cant stand this woman wasnt she the one who keep saying that wonder woman 2 was going to be a soft flashpoint style reboot.
Grace is fine I think. She said that there were talks of altering WW84 to become the Flashpoint-esque reboot the Flash solo movie was meant to be, and that Patty was pushing back against that. I don't remember it ever being stated that they ever actually went through with it. I generally trust her insider info on the DCEU, so I believe her on the WonderBat stuff that was planned for Zack's JL, especially since she herself is not particularly a fan of the ship but is rather open minded when to comes to comic books romances.
ThatOneGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm
A full on romance with even kissing? IDK but maybe it's just the pessimist in me but I don't see them going that far but if they did it would be something.
Yeah I highly doubt this as well. Not only it would be incredibly ballsy, but also fairly rushed given that we've only had some crumbs in BvS so far. I'd like WonderBat to get more build up before anything concrete happens. Don't want to give ammunition to people to hate on it before it even gets off the ground.
0 x

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm

What? People here saying the dark knight is just fine? Alone Nolan's dark knight trilogy is better than whole DCEU and MCU. And trust me on this if you ask the whole internet the beat CBM ever then TDK will definitely win. Also i don't think Snyder's jl has any scope of ww and bm anymore, and whatever if something even happens in the movie than that idiotic pattinson batman will destroy it because guess who is in that movie😑
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:25 am

I think DC/Warner Bros dropped the ball on the whole DCEU, With them trying to play catch up they screwed themselves out of billions unlike Disney that took there time. If they truly wanted to catch up they could have done like 4 or 5 movies drops in a year for a couple of years. Introducing all the characters. IE. Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg. I also would have done a Batman/Superman film without the damn v in it. Have them friends and allies facing a common enemy. If Snyder wanted them to fight so badly they could have someone like Poison Ivy controlling Superman making them fight. As for casting I feel the whole group of them work perfect except Ben. I love Ben's Batman, but I'm on the fence with his age. But than you look at RDJ and he is way older than Ben. Damn I'm rambling. hehehe. Hope it makes sense to you all. :)
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man