Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:41 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:29 am

Mauler does a looong ass autopsy on the Snyder cut and argues why it is actually worse than Josstice League.

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe he might be right in many ways, but i do not have 4 hours to rewatch it to see.

The characters in Snyder cut definitely are less human and personable.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:41 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:29 am
Mauler does a looong ass autopsy on the Snyder cut and argues why it is actually worse than Josstice League.

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe he might be right in many ways, but i do not have 4 hours to rewatch it to see.

The characters in Snyder cut definitely are less human and personable.
Can't say I agree from what I remember...
1 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:39 pm

After rewatching it for the second time, I feel like the biggest issue with the Snydercut in my opinion was the pacing of it. I feel that there were a few scenes that were just executed poorly (obv like the girl singing the hymn when Aquaman was leaving. That went on for WAY too long). I feel like that’s the biggest problem with Zack. He just physically doesn’t have the ability to fit everything he wants into the normal 2 hours and ~30 mins a movie usually is. I mean look at the difference between the TC of BvS and the UE. That extra hour added in so much detail that filled in many of the plot holes in the TC. I feel like JL would have been received the same way as BvS if it had been released in theaters as well. Zack probably would have over done it with scenes, like we saw he actually did in the Snydercut, then it would have been condensed poorly leaving many plot holes in the story line that wouldn’t make sense to anyone until the Director’s cut would be released showing the deleted scenes. I’m not saying that I didn’t like the Snydercut, I absolutely loved it especially compared to Josstice League, however I do feel like Zack could have accomplished almost everything he did in the 4 hours using a much shorter run time.
0 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:48 am

I'm probably going to get flack for this but JW Justice League and ZS Justice Leagues were both sort of below average films. Spectacular to see, but nothing of substance.

I think the main problem was that they all were tied into the same Universe that really sucked to begin with. MOS wasn't great either, you had a whine mopey Superman. When I think of Superman I don't see a cry baby, sure he has moments were he is unsure of himself but to have him questioning everything sucks.

Now I'm not blaming the Actor's, far from it. I think everyone sans Amy Adams was the perfect fit. And possible Ben as well. I would have loved to see a younger version of Batman. Same for Lois Lane because I imagined DC wanted a very long extended run of films.

So I guess I'm blaming the writers/producers for not really understanding the characters or the Universe. I think Warner Bros needs a Bruce Timm sort of head of the team to give everyone their marching orders.
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
I'm probably going to get flack for this but JW Justice League and ZS Justice Leagues were both sort of below average films. Spectacular to see, but nothing of substance.
I'm inclined to agree at this point.
1 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:20 am

Chaosmob wrote:

I think the main problem was that they all were tied into the same Universe that really sucked to begin with. MOS wasn't great either, you had a whine mopey Superman. When I think of Superman I don't see a cry baby, sure he has moments were he is unsure of himself but to have him questioning everything sucks.

Now I'm not blaming the Actor's, far from it. I think everyone sans Amy Adams was the perfect fit. And possible Ben as well. I would have loved to see a younger version of Batman. Same for Lois Lane because I imagined DC wanted a very long extended run of films.

So I guess I'm blaming the writers/producers for not really understanding the characters or the Universe. I think Warner Bros needs a Bruce Timm sort of head of the team to give everyone their marching orders.
No I definitely agree that the writing was an issue with the films. I’m not sure why some writers try to throw such a curveball with their characters like with how Zack decided to writer Superman. Zack’s really a hit/miss, cause like he played a major part in creating the WW film (granted Patty had final say but still idk if I trust her anymore after she let so much slide for WW84) and that was really good, but then movies like MoS were just eh. I thought the casting for the DCEU was amazing, but poor writing and producer interventions definitely hurt the movies’ potential. I mean, everyone was going crazy about getting the Ayer cut released, but have you seen those leaks scripts? It almost makes me glad that we got the Suicide Squad we did. I really hate to say this, especially since the DCEU was our best chance at Wonderbat in like 10 years, but it really needs a reset. It sucks too cause Ben had so much potential as Batman and I really hope they do some like stand-alone film with him, but I’m also excited to see what Reeves will do with Batman.
1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:46 pm

I'm with you Niloc, the only films I generally liked were, Shazam, Aquaman and the first WW! The second one was good until about the half way mark and I was so pissed at the ending.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:23 pm

Shazam was soo good :) They even had the crocodile men.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ISAK
Titan

Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Well, i guess i'm in the minority because i'm a Zack Snyder fan and think that his DC trilogy is one of the best CBM there is. He took some liberties with the characters, but he didn't betray their core, and find what he did with the characters refreshing and interesting. But i think this is something that as a DC fan you either embrace it or hate it.
I also think that Zack Snyder's Justice League to be WAAAY better than Infinity War and Endgame. So you know, i'm THAT guy.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:05 pm

ISAK wrote:
Well, i guess i'm in the minority because i'm a Zack Snyder fan and think that his DC trilogy is one of the best CBM there is. He took some liberties with the characters, but he didn't betray their core, and find what he did with the characters refreshing and interesting. But i think this is something that as a DC fan you either embrace it or hate it.
I also think that Zack Snyder's Justice League to be WAAAY better than Infinity War and Endgame. So you know, i'm THAT guy.
Snyders justice league was good, but I would have liked less Amazons at the beginning. I love the Amazons, but they shouldn´t be the focus of a Justice League movie. :)
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:39 pm

ISAK wrote:
Your not in the minority, a lot of people liked it. I liked it the only time I watched either film. (ZS JL and JW JL films) but for repeatability it falls on my list. I think another problem with it was they tried to cram in a lot of filler backstories so it hurt the total film(s). Also WarnerBros were probably putting a crap-load of pressure on Zack to produce/direct a 1+ billion film return.
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:48 pm

ISAK wrote:
I can see that and i definitely had different reactions to Josstice League and Snyder cut.

Josstice League left me quite underwhelmed, whereas Snyder cut left me positive and somewhat upbeat, but i'm wondering if it would have been the same if there was no Josstice League preceeding it.

Looking back at it, the characters in the Snyder cut are more present, but so lifeless and uninteresting.
0 x

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 pm

Finally saw it and I liked it of course, but I wonder how much of it is influenced by Josstice League coming out first.

Still films not perfect and the more I think about it I can pin the roots to the same problem the Snyderverse has had. A complex universe and storyline trying to be crammed into two films (BvS and JL).

They should’ve done a Batman film after MoS something like Arkham Asylum. Bruce has a love interest in the film (maybe a doctor at the asylum) and at the end she is in Metropolis when Zod invades, which pretty much sets up the opening scene of Batman v Superman.

That way the film doesn’t have to expend an hour and a half explaining Batman. After BvS they should’ve done Wonder Woman and a Flash film, and a Suicide Squad if you must.

You didn’t need to do a Cyborg or Aquaman solo film first but at the very least I think a solo Batman and Flash film would’ve allowed BvS to focus on other plot points that feed into Justice League which then does t have to be four hours also introducing Flash.

The root of the problems still remains WB trying to play catch up instead of just taking the three years to world build.
1 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

annaoi
Titan

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:39 am

Josstice League coming out first definitely had a huge factor. The element of first character introductions and the freshness of them interacting is long gone.

I can't blame Snyder for pulling a 4 hour movie. WB was pressuring him and this is the best he could do. And now we ended up having this movie that ain't the best but certainly most notable on how it delivered its characters. It totally makes Josstice League look so much worse.

I gotta say, I like how Snyder handles WW. So much better than Patty Jenkins. And I always find myself replaying the Flash scene in the end. Feels so good cheering for the character.
3 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:26 pm

annaoi wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:39 am
I gotta say, I like how Snyder handles WW. So much better than Patty Jenkins. And I always find myself replaying the Flash scene in the end. Feels so good cheering for the character.
This is one thing I’m surprised so many people haven’t mentioned. WW is a badass whenever Zack has control of her character. She dominated every time she was in a battle, and when she wasn’t she still always felt like a natural leader when she had to be, such as during the final fight scene in ZSJL while Batman was busy taking care of the stronghold’s defenses. I know this would never happen due to Warner’s relationship with Snyder now, but I really wouldn’t mind Zack being the head director for a modern day Wonder Woman movie. It seems he likes wonderbat too, so that’s a big plus in my book lol. I feel like the only issue people may have is that they’ll complain that Wonder Woman is too much of a warrior and her compassionate side rarely makes an appearance, but personally that sorta fits in with this Wonder Woman’s storyline: a Diana who lost all hope for Mankind after seeing the evil that plagued Man’s World. Who knows, a 3rd WW film could’ve been Diana’s hope being redeemed through Bruce, seeing that compassionate side coming out more.
2 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:46 am

Good points Niloc!!! :) WW rocked when ZS directed her.
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 am

One of the few things that Josstice league did right was the scene where WW resets Batman's shoulder.
2 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:02 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 am
One of the few things that Josstice league did right was the scene where WW resets Batman's shoulder.
Besides the weird shirt-batsuit I definitely agree. One thing I liked about that scene is how Batman tells Diana that if it comes down to it that he has to be the one to sacrifice himself. It fits in perfectly with an older Batman’s mindset that he’s expandable compared to other members such as Diana. Plus, that little moment where Bruce kinda alluded to enjoying Diana’s company after all was said and done was sweet. To be honest, this scene has a special place in my heart because it’s what introduced me to the idea of wonderbat. Seeing the connection there is what made me watch JL/JLU videos on YouTube before I eventually fell in love with the ship, so I might be abit biased to it lol :D
2 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:56 am

I liked the Snyder cut. It could have cut down on the slow-mo and lost a half an hour, but all together I thought it was pretty good and much better than the theatrical version.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.