CBR's Dark Knight Demands: 11 Things We Want in Ben Affleck's Solo "Batman" Movie

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
darknight
Young Justice

CBR's Dark Knight Demands: 11 Things We Want in Ben Affleck's Solo "Batman" Movie

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:54 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST And that's what we, in the real world (the one with no SMWW shippers), call a natural chemistry. The characters of Bruce and Diana were obviously cast and written to have this kind of chemistry between them. It remains to be seen if Snyder and WB want to develop this relationship further, but the chemistry between Diana and Bruce is no coincidence. So the SMWW guys saying nonsense like "chemistry by default" or "we didn't see Diana interact with Superman" have no idea what they're talking about..
I think that the Special character of Bruce(as a tough, bold and stubborn man obsessed pioritely to his mission) is the main feature that gives excitement to his relationship with Diana and makes it more interesting than any other relationship between super heroes..
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:27 pm

darknight wrote:QR_BBPOST
BruceDianaForever wrote:QR_BBPOST First, When Ben Affleck entered DCCU his first debut was in BVS and that was also Gal Gadot's first debut too.

Second,he had/is going to have lot of interaction with Wonder Woman in BVS and JL, and there were/are no other past/current love interests of Batman shown in either of the movies.

Third, this brings us to a conclusion that( We all know Ben Affleck is the director himself) if Batman wants some type of partner/support/ally,etc. It would be wonder woman(Gal) because by the time this solo batman movie comes,they would have interacted in two movies,and this would be the third because their chemistry would have become even more strong and of course Ben knows Only Gal in DCCU since he didn't had any of Batman's particular partner,etc. And the only one he was shown interacted with was Wonder Woman
Well I've heard that Catwoman will be participating in the movie, so in this case Catwoma(Seline kyle) is closer to be the love interest as an original & traditional female character in batman's life..
I'd rather have Nightwing in instead of Catwoman in terms of an Ally in the Solo Batman film or just someone that hasn't been on live action or redeems the Character from a bad movie.(Batman and Robin)
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Apolaki
Titan

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:30 pm

It does say a lot if people are already liking the chemistry between Bats and Wondy, especially if they never even planned to have anything between them in the first place. It's furthers the point of how natural they can be together, and the SMWWer's just keep denying it.
0 x
"All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine." - Batman

ARB
Justice League

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Apolaki wrote:QR_BBPOST It does say a lot if people are already liking the chemistry between Bats and Wondy, especially if they never even planned to have anything between them in the first place. It's furthers the point of how natural they can be together, and the SMWWer's just keep denying it.
It's telling how many new people seem to have fallen in love with WonderBat, only based on their limited interactions in BvS and the Justice League trailer. That's why people who're proclaiming their hate for BMWW, and their preference to BatCat/SMWW are being extra pathetic, as they're feeling threatened by a pairing that never even got the chance to get of the ground, while BatCat and SMWW have been happening in the comics for the past 6-7 years.

You don't see BMWW supporters trashing other ships, despite the fact that we actually have a lot of reasons to do so, while fans of other ships, especially the ones that already happened or are still happening make it a point to shit on WonderBat every chance they get. Goes to show you how much BMWW has grown in popularity in the recent years, despite all the odds being stacked against it.
0 x

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Apolaki wrote:QR_BBPOST It does say a lot if people are already liking the chemistry between Bats and Wondy, especially if they never even planned to have anything between them in the first place. It's furthers the point of how natural they can be together, and the SMWWer's just keep denying it.
The best Batman(looks,muscle,brains) - Arkham Origins
http://feelgrafix.com/976195-batman-arkham-origins.html
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:35 pm

This depiction of Bruce is pin point accurate IMO.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

darknight
Young Justice

Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Image
This is the most handsome Bruce ever drawn, high five to Jim Lee
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Image
While I wouldn't say it's perfect, I do think it's pretty great. Bruce actually looks his proper age, and his facial features aren't rugged, but still handsome, with that piercing gaze that sets him apart from Clark (as the two are often drawn very similar to each others). Although I came to like Jim Lee's art less and less over the years (and him as person), he's still one of the best artists in the business.
1 x

Apolaki
Titan

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Yeah I agree ARB. Apart from whatever people may think of Jim Lee, I love his style, but he makes all the characters a bit too similar looking. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between his Clark and Bruce when they're out of the suit.
Last edited by Apolaki on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine." - Batman

no avatar
CrazyPhenom
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Maxwell Lord

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:18 pm

If I needed a single epic pose/frame, Lee would be the go to guy.

But he just overwhelms me in a multi page anything, the snarls, the muscles, the borderline unrealistic poses, he just takes me out of the story.
1 x
Yup... Its 5AM.

"Grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester Nimitz

JL Member: Maxwell Lord

Lotslover
Teen Titan

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:34 pm

It's just awesome that others see how Bruce and Diana should be together. It feels like we've been ignored and belittled for loving BMWW for so long it's nice to finally be validated by others who finally see it too! :wink:
0 x
Image Image

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:49 pm

Best BM/WW artist is francis manapul cant wait for his trinity series
on a unrelated note man i hate searching for BM or WW images always get SM/WW stuff....such a Buzzkill.....
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST It's just awesome that others see how Bruce and Diana should be together. It feels like we've been ignored and belittled for loving BMWW for so long it's nice to finally be validated by others who finally see it too! :wink:
I know the feeling
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST It's just awesome that others see how Bruce and Diana should be together. It feels like we've been ignored and belittled for loving BMWW for so long it's nice to finally be validated by others who finally see it too! :wink:
We're still being belittled though, only now, with how BMWW's popularity surged after BvS, everyone is out to get us. SteveDiana, BatCats, SMWW, or even WW/Batwoman supporters are all out there trying to take away what little we have. It feels like we just painted a huge target on ourselves more than anything else really XD
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Well there not here ARB, so it not everywhere. ;)
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

enter desired name
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:48 pm

I don't know if I'd use the term "belittled" to be perfectly honest. I mean...pretty much every ship on the planet doles out insults at one another, and it's not like BM/WW shippers don't get into mudslinging matches with other shippers. And I know for a fact that we ragged and ragged on the New 52 when SM/WW became a thing, and that could more or less be considered SM/WW's "little thing to hold on to".

It's not nice and people like me sure as hell don't help when the shipping shit hits the fan, but I don't think we're victims of widespread abuse or anything like that...just my two cents (or five cents, since we don't have pennies anymore).
0 x
“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind".”

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:52 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST WW/Batwoman supporters
say what? But you are right overall though BM/WW is seen as an odd think to the uninitiated.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:09 pm

enter desired name wrote:QR_BBPOST I don't know if I'd use the term "belittled" to be perfectly honest. I mean...pretty much every ship on the planet doles out insults at one another, and it's not like BM/WW shippers don't get into mudslinging matches with other shippers. And I know for a fact that we ragged and ragged on the New 52 when SM/WW became a thing, and that could more or less be considered SM/WW's "little thing to hold on to".

It's not nice and people like me sure as hell don't help when the shipping shit hits the fan, but I don't think we're victims of widespread abuse or anything like that...just my two cents (or five cents, since we don't have pennies anymore).
You are right overall but make no mistake a lot of people don't see BM/WW as a think it just doesn't come naturally to a lot of people especially those who are not familiar with wonder woman which is a lot, most people just hold SM/WW to be a more natural fit and see BM/WW as unnatural and a "Disturbance in the Force" if you will. the new 52 was not SM/WW fans "little thing to hold on to" they have a lot of stories and moments to point to, to support their madness even if most of them reflect negative on WW and sometimes even SM plus as I said people readily associate WW with superman especially those who don't read comics that something SM/WW fans have always have going for them. Even those who read comics think SM/WW belong together because comics have thought them to think this way but that's an argument for another day.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Chaosmob wrote:QR_BBPOST Well there not here ARB, so it not everywhere. ;)
Yeah this is a safe haven for the BMWW people...........for now at least...
enter desired name wrote:QR_BBPOST I don't know if I'd use the term "belittled" to be perfectly honest. I mean...pretty much every ship on the planet doles out insults at one another, and it's not like BM/WW shippers don't get into mudslinging matches with other shippers. And I know for a fact that we ragged and ragged on the New 52 when SM/WW became a thing, and that could more or less be considered SM/WW's "little thing to hold on to".
I guess it's all up to personal experience, but from what I saw, BMWW gets specifically attacked unprovoked by other ships more often than not. Also, the BMWW crowd seem way to small to start shit with other more prominent ships, and I don't think the BMWW fandom was the only one to hate SMWW in the N52, I believe the hate was pretty universal.

What annoys me the most is not when people express their dislike for BMWW, to each their own, but it's when people talk about BMWW as a bizarre alien concept, that just doesn't make any semblance of sense to them, conveniently ignoring its presence in the comics. So personally, I think BMWW gets aggressively attacked more than many other ships of similar popularity, but in the end DC will do what DC does best......and that is to disappoint everyone.
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:26 am

It will be as long as I'm here. ;)
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man