Re: SNYDER CUT CONFIRMED FOR 2021

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:44 pm

1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:54 pm

Awesome the big baddie and his minions!!! :)
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:27 am

1 x
Hail to the King Baby

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:43 am

If someone here knows the soundtrack, pls link it, its so fucking good. The beginning especially.
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:40 pm

I can see they ain't making the same mistake with revealing everything that isn't in the Whedon version. Just snippets of the new stuff and scenes that we already saw. Good on them. I'm hyped!
2 x

GreeKnight
Young Justice

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:17 am

“The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” Snyder said. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course, that doesn’t work out for him.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... snyder-cut

You guys think this will have any bearing on whether or not there will be Wonderbat in the Snyder cut? Apparently there's speculation that the BMWW in JL was from Whedon. I thought there were some moments in BvS as well, so it kind of disproves this. What are you guys thoughtS?
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:33 am

GreeKnight wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:17 am
“The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” Snyder said. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course, that doesn’t work out for him.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... snyder-cut

You guys think this will have any bearing on whether or not there will be Wonderbat in the Snyder cut? Apparently there's speculation that the BMWW in JL was from Whedon. I thought there were some moments in BvS as well, so it kind of disproves this. What are you guys thoughtS?
Wait what, Bruce fell in love with Lois? Em where is that shown at all? I am so confused right now.
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 am

Hopefully, he cut that out because that's hella awkward. But since he told this in an interview, there's a huge chance that it's scrapped. It would've been a major spoiler. And as far as I know, the majority of this movie is from the stuff he already shot after the studio said no to that Bruce x Lois thing.

But... We'll see.

While Whedon's wonderbat moment was nice, it all felt like too much fanservicy and dated. Like Whedon knew it's been done in fanfics and just threw it in there and was like "Gotta please the fans of this ship". It's fuels the ship a tiny bit but the execution was meh.

The hints of wonderbat that Snyder did in BvS was actually more refreshing to me. With the slight flirting and mysterious aura that Diana gives to Bruce and her saving him in the most badass entrance.
1 x

no avatar
imagnryfroster
Teen Titan

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am

I’m not sure if this was discussed here yet but it seems like the Joker is gonna be in here too, and he ... I really don’t know what to say...
https://images.app.goo.gl/YYhqUzDBrrFGDAVbA
He just looks very ... edgy.
Last edited by imagnryfroster on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Missing the DCAU, already missed DCcU
OTP since the First Date

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26 pm

imagnryfroster wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am
I’m not sure if this was discussed here yet but it seems like the Joker is gonna be in here too, and he ... I really don’t know what to say...
Image He just looks very ... edgy.
Can you repost that image? I can´t see it...

I don´t get why they have to give him long hair. I grew my hair long, too and I think it usually looks good on men, but it just doesn´t fit the Joker.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Maybe because they are at war? No time for a quick cut? hehehe
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm
Maybe because they are at war? No time for a quick cut? hehehe
Maybe xD
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

GreeKnight
Young Justice

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:22 pm

annaoi wrote:
Hopefully, he cut that out because that's hella awkward. But since he told this in an interview, there's a huge chance that it's scrapped. It would've been a major spoiler. And as far as I know, the majority of this movie is from the stuff he already shot after the studio said no to that Bruce x Lois thing.

But... We'll see.

While Whedon's wonderbat moment was nice, it all felt like too much fanservicy and dated. Like Whedon knew it's been done in fanfics and just threw it in there and was like "Gotta please the fans of this ship". It's fuels the ship a tiny bit but the execution was meh.

The hints of wonderbat that Snyder did in BvS was actually more refreshing to me. With the slight flirting and mysterious aura that Diana gives to Bruce and her saving him in the most badass entrance.
Yeah, WB nixed the idea, sorry for not being clear. But if Whedon is credited with the Wonderbat, does that make you think there won't be any in the Snyder cut?

I mean sure, there are hints of BMWW in BvS like you mentioned, but his wanting to have Bruce fall for Lois gives me second thoughts.

This is pretty much pure speculation, we're never told who exactly came up with the Wonderbat. I'm thinking it was probably Snyder, because if you remember Whedon was added and he had a huge time crunch to get this movie out. I don't think he'd waste time on changing romances when he already changed so many other things. What do you guys think?
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:51 am

GreeKnight wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:22 pm
annaoi wrote:

But... We'll see.

Yeah, WB nixed the idea, sorry for not being clear. But if Whedon is credited with the Wonderbat, does that make you think there won't be any in the Snyder cut?

I mean sure, there are hints of BMWW in BvS like you mentioned, but his wanting to have Bruce fall for Lois gives me second thoughts.

This is pretty much pure speculation, we're never told who exactly came up with the Wonderbat. I'm thinking it was probably Snyder, because if you remember Whedon was added and he had a huge time crunch to get this movie out. I don't think he'd waste time on changing romances when he already changed so many other things. What do you guys think?
The pessimist me thinks we'll just get the same kind of hints at most. Based on the early trailers before Whedon hopped on, they have a lot more interaction than they showed us. But that's all there is I think: vaguely implied stuff on interaction that the average person would consider as a growing friendship instead of a romantic kind of relationship. They won't let two big characters get together this early.

But the fact that BvS has a notable scene with them both at the museum, and it reminded us so much of the JLU episode where they danced, I think Zack had a wonderbat idea going on there and not a producer suggesting it. It's too well done to be somebody else's idea.

In that interview, while he sounded like he was playing around with the idea of a love triangle, I'm giving him a benefit of a doubt that maybe it was not the romantic kind of love?? Maybe just falling in love with the idea that Lois said to him about creating a league of superheroes? Idk, maybe it's just me reading too much into it lol. Plus it doesnt sound very much endgame so I think there's room for wonderbat...

... That is IF they make another one if they don't somehow squeezed something into that 4 hour runtime.
1 x

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:49 am

Personally I don’t think the Bruce/Lois thing will halt any wonderbat progress. While I think Zach might still sneak in some of that into JL, I don’t think that it will go anywhere. I really think that if they are going to do anything with Bruce, then it’s going to be with Diana. I mean, it’s perfect for both characters: no love interest in sight, both struggling with starting the JL and having each other to lean on, similar characteristics and mindsets.

I think that that one interview where the woman said that Batman’s relationship with Wonder Woman would progress is probably what we should be expecting. I don’t think that we’ll see any “confirmation of love” in JL, that would seem too rushed and I believe that Zack would recognize that as well. However, I do believe that Zack wants Bruce to have a different love interest, and I think he wants that to be Diana.
0 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

ISAK
Titan

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:49 pm

Someone at Twitter went to a Zack Snyder's Justice League Exhibit in Dallas and among costumes and such there were also spoilers for JL2.
Spoiler: Show
Batman impregnates Lois Lane.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:08 pm

ISAK wrote:
Someone at Twitter went to a Zack Snyder's Justice League Exhibit in Dallas and among costumes and such there were also spoilers for JL2.
So glad Snyder didnt get to finish his version of that universe. Such a stupid plot point. So Lois was like eh Clark is dead, lets fuck the next guy in the costume and whats worse Bruce was ok with that.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:11 pm

:love:
ISAK wrote:
No that's fake
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Here are the storyboards for the original versions of JL 2 and 3. Meaning this was before any script changes were made, such as removing Bruce and Lois romance.
JL2:

JL3:
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:39 pm

1 x