Context And Panels

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ARB
Justice League

Re: Context And Panels

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 pm

This reminds me of the cover of the Batman Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1

I love how the cover only features Bruce with Diana.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Those old Brave and The Bolds were fun especially the later ones. Yes BM and WW used to be close especially in the late Silver and Bronze age.
0 x
FU DC

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:42 am

ARB wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 pm
This reminds me of the cover of the Batman Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1

I love how the cover only features Bruce with Diana.
Dude, that is the cover. :lol:
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:15 am

What is the context of this scene?
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 am

Ghost13 wrote:

In short Diana from the JL and JLU main universe fell in love with Bruce from the Justice Lords universe mostly because he was willing to reciprocate those feeling unlike the main universe Batman. She stayed with him and didnt return to the main universe. It all went to shit from there.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 am

Ghost13 wrote:

This happened during the Justice Lord arc from the JL Beyond 2.0 book. So we learned that at some point after the Justice Lord arc in the TV show, Lord Superman and the rest of his allies regained their powers and started a war to re-assume their positions as rulers of Earth. The conflict consisted of Lord Superman and Lord WW fighting against the resistance led by Lord Batman. Justice Lords GL, Hawkgirl and MM decided to stay out of the whole thing. So at some point Lord Batman once again opens up a portal to the DCAU universe to ask the JL for help, which the JL decided to accept. During the ensuing war Superman recalls that a romance blossomed between Lord Batman and WW, and that's where that panel is taken from. The JL was forced to go back to their universe as the portal was about to shut down for good, but Diana decided to stay back to help Lord Batman. This whole flashback sequence took place after Diana showed up again in the DCAU universe, and as she was spending time with Old Man Bruce, Superman was recalling what happened to Terry. It has a lot of flaws, and it still managed to force SMWW in some form into the DCAU, but I'd still argue that the whole arc was overall enjoyable. Give it a read if you are interested.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 am

Old JLA was really good to us with these small BMWW moments. Not sure where this trend of Diana and Bruce holding hands or reaching out to each other whenever they're knocked out/dead started, but I don't mind it. I wonder if there are any more of these that I'm not remembering.

0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 am

ARB wrote:
Old JLA was really good to us with these small BMWW moments. Not sure where this trend of Diana and Bruce holding hands or reaching out to each other whenever they're knocked out/dead started, but I don't mind it. I wonder if there are any more of these that I'm not remembering.

Yeah it was nice Obsidian age is among my favourite stories.
0 x

The Sulkier Clown
Justice League

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

ARB wrote:

Ironically enough I just read that very issue tonight.... Good call there Arbie!
0 x
Figured after recent times the foot of my posts needed a pun, so I had to shoehorn one in.

Tangerine...

ARB
Justice League

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:36 am

Reviving this old topic to ask about a specific panel and the context behind it.

Can anyone help me out here ? I saw this panel on Instagram, and for the life of me I cannot remember seeing it before. Now granted my memory is utter shite that's for sure (it's actually quite concerning how spotty my memory have been lately), but I'd think I'd recognize a BMWW panel like this one. Now given the fact that most of the BMWW we got in comics either originated from Joe Kelly's JL or Rucka's WW, I'm reasonablly certain the the panel is most likely from a Kelly JL issue, but since I can't remember the story arc or the context behind the panel, I figured I should seek help from the good folks around here. In any case, this is the panel in question.

I'm drawing a complete blank here, and honestly I'm feeling rather annoyed that I can't recognize an an explicit BMWW moment like this seeing as there aren't many of them to begin with. Whatever arc this moment came from, I need to go and re-read it. So can anybody lend me a hand here ?
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:26 am

JLA #90. The issue where Diana uses the Martian thingy to see how her life would be with Bruce if she decided to give them a chance.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:45 am

ISAK wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:26 am
JLA #90. The issue where Diana uses the Martian thingy to see how her life would be with Bruce if she decided to give them a chance.
Really ?!! It's from JL #90 ? WTF is wrong with me ? Has it been that long since I've actually read the issue ? Good lord I think I've become some sort of old man, too fixated on something while actually forgetting why I want it in the first place. I knew the art looked like the one from JL#90, but I couldn't place the scene anywhere in the issue. I felt so confident that I remembered the issue well enough that I didn't bother to look it up because I thought it had to be from somewhere else. Now I'm just depressed. It really does make sense as all the BMWW we ever got came mostly from there, but I was hoping that there was some BMWW out there that I had missed. Well thanks anyway.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:27 pm

I both love and hate JLA 90. Love for everything it brings regarding BMWW and hate because it basically ends anything that could have been in canon at the time.
0 x