DC Extended Universe

BatsGeek
Young Justice

Re: DC Extended Universe

Sun May 19, 2019 8:30 am

Don't expect anything from WB. They don't care about these characters because it's just business decision followed by other less and less ideal business decisions. They couldn't just be inspired by the success from their good animation sides like DCAU (with the exception of new 52, Beyond and Bats Adventures), Showcase, YJ, TT and merge them together in live action! No. You have to do your own thing and this is why DC Animation isn't going to be topped.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:45 pm

0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am

BatsGeek wrote:
Don't expect anything from WB. They don't care about these characters because it's just business decision followed by other less and less ideal business decisions. They couldn't just be inspired by the success from their good animation sides like DCAU (with the exception of new 52, Beyond and Bats Adventures), Showcase, YJ, TT and merge them together in live action! No. You have to do your own thing and this is why DC Animation isn't going to be topped.
Wait, you don't consider Batman Beyond a good animated series?
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

BatsGeek
Young Justice

Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:47 pm

RadicalLogic wrote:
BatsGeek wrote:
I guess? It's overrated and I don't care for it all that much. Plus the series already tells us beforehand that Bruce doesn't end up with Diana in the future.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:01 pm

BatsGeek wrote:
RadicalLogic wrote:
BatsGeek wrote:
I guess? It's overrated and I don't care for it all that much. Plus the series already tells us beforehand that Bruce doesn't end up with Diana in the future.
Well, it was made before Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and the idea of Batman and Wonder Woman even crossed the writers' minds, so I'll give them a pass in that regard.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

BatsGeek
Young Justice

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:22 pm

RadicalLogic wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:01 pm
BatsGeek wrote:
RadicalLogic wrote:

Well, it was made before Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and the idea of Batman and Wonder Woman even crossed the writers' minds, so I'll give them a pass in that regard.
Yeah, I knew that. But still...with all the terrible shit that's been going on this decade with the ship it'd be a great gift right now. I mean they could still do it in comics and were actually about to, but it got scrapped. I get the appeal if Beyond and I even watch an episode every once in a while. Hell, the complete series box set just arrived in my lap one day and I didn't even ask for it or really planned on getting it.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:28 pm

WONDER WOMAN 1984 plot details leaked:
http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/06/17/e ... oman-1984/
Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) is a famous public hero in 1984, retconning "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League", in which she abandoned humanity for 100 years after World War I.

Diana is recruited by the United States government to investigate Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal), a corrupt businessman believed to be working with the Soviets. Lord has the power to grant people’s wishes, but at a costly price, and is collecting magic artifacts to become a god.

Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her. Lord grants her wish, turning Barbara into Cheetah. However, Barbara struggles to control her animal side, and lashes out when the public begins fearing her, forcing Wonder Woman to intervene. Cheetah believes Wonder Woman to have betrayed her, and swears revenge.

Lord also grants Diana’s wish to reunite with Steve Trevor (Chris Pine), who is revived in the 1984, trading places with Diana as the fish out of water who must acclimate himself to a brave new world. Their reunion is bittersweet, however, as Lord ultimately transfers his soul into Steve’s body, forcing Diana to fight against the man she loves.
So BvS and JL are retconned out, and it seems that maybe Steve Trevor is back for good.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:51 am

ISAK wrote:
Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) is a famous public hero in 1984, retconning "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League", in which she abandoned humanity for 100 years after World War I.

Diana is recruited by the United States government to investigate Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal), a corrupt businessman believed to be working with the Soviets. Lord has the power to grant people’s wishes, but at a costly price, and is collecting magic artifacts to become a god.

Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her. Lord grants her wish, turning Barbara into Cheetah. However, Barbara struggles to control her animal side, and lashes out when the public begins fearing her, forcing Wonder Woman to intervene. Cheetah believes Wonder Woman to have betrayed her, and swears revenge.

Lord also grants Diana’s wish to reunite with Steve Trevor (Chris Pine), who is revived in the 1984, trading places with Diana as the fish out of water who must acclimate himself to a brave new world. Their reunion is bittersweet, however, as Lord ultimately transfers his soul into Steve’s body, forcing Diana to fight against the man she loves.
So BvS and JL are retconned out, and it seems that maybe Steve Trevor is back for good.
I read that Chris Pine himself turned down the idea, saying that Trevor's return is not permanent. Combine that with Lord transferring his soul into Steve, so I'm guessing the movie ends with Diana killing Steve to stop Lord.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:51 am
ISAK wrote:

I read that Chris Pine himself turned down the idea, saying that Trevor's return is not permanent. Combine that with Lord transferring his soul into Steve, so I'm guessing the movie ends with Diana killing Steve to stop Lord.
It's also quite likely that Lord will have some trickery to erase Wonder Woman from the public consciousness before he dies, thus not throwing off what's been established too much.

Pine himself said he's done after this one, so this sequel can't blur the line that badly.

And if this is the actual plot... I don't know how I feel about it. lol.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison