Avengers: Edngame

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Avengers: Edngame

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:46 am

This movie was pretty great and a really great resolution to what has been built over the last decade.

I am quite late on this one, since having a less than a year old kid doesn't give much allowance for visits to the cinema.

I won't go into it too detailed, but I really like most of this movie and my wife, who isn't really into comics liked it as well, aside from certain points where she was quite confused.

This movie definitely has a feeling of culmination and finality to it, which is great. The "passing the torch" moments however do not work at all.
Pushing Captain Marvel and Sam Wilson Captain America does not work for normies like my wife, who have no fucking idea who these characters are, and it doesn't work for cynical comic geeks like me who are far from impressed by what Marvel has been doing in recent years.

Also, that moment with Captain Marvel and all the female characters coming to her aid in a big fucking girl power moment was such a message stick over the head, it was cringe inducing.

As great as this was, I fear that this movie is the last great comic book blockbuster. I think that enthusiasm for any further MCU or DCEU movies is dropping and I don't see it recovering.

This is a highpoint and capstone with which the era of Superhero movies dominating Hollywood ends.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Avengers: Edngame

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Holy shit, I just realized Thanos' plan is a ripoff/spinoff of the Reapers' plan from Mass Effect.
0 x