Young Justice Phantoms

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Young Justice Phantoms

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:19 pm

https://collider.com/young-justice-seas ... w-hbo-max/

Seems like they are going to focus more on the main team again. Outsiders felt kinda lackluster for me.

Are you excited? :)
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice

Re: Young Justice Phantoms

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:57 am

Too many characters in season 3 I think. Good to bring back focus on the original members, especially Zatanna, who needs as much exposure as she can get. Wish they hadn't broken her up with Nightwing since I loved them together in season 1 (whelmed meets chalant = true love at first sight). Season 4 would also be a good opportunity to push Donna into the spotlight, since she always seems to get shafted in terms of appearances and would fit in with the younger versions of the og Justice League (Batman/Nightwing, Superman/Conner, J'onn/M'gann etc).

I liked how they did Babs and Bruce's relationship in season 3 as friends/teammates/mentor/family. It really felt like a partnership of equals and Barbara being able to deconstruct Bruce's arguments was a highlight. The line where she cut Bruce off by saying that Diana's approval was fait accompli was excellent. It made me feel as if Babs might actually be better at dealing with Bruce than Dick is since I think she's generally more intellectual than Nightwing and so better able to refute Bruce's arguments. I thought her arguments were also superior to Diana's approach/argument (which, to be fair, did have some merits).

Since they mentioned fourth world stuff, I hope they might bring Barda into some episodes. She's probably my favourite fourth world character and I think there's a lot of storytelling potential with her. We've also already seen her in Season 3 (I think). If not Barda then I would love Highfather to make an appearance but that's very unlikely. Orion, Lightray and Mister Miracle are the characters I think of that are most likely to make an appearance.

Curious to see what they do with the Bat-family since it's so large already and both Damian and Jason/Red Hood are likely to make appearances. Not to mention the fact that both Steph and Cass have already appeared but had no/few speaking lines. They could potentially do a Bruce/Talia relationship which would be a nice change of pace from Selina because if Talia is emotionally stable, then she has so much more to offer to Bruce and his children/family as a significant other than Selina does. I don't think it would be possible to do Bruce/Diana with the versions of the characters they currently have. Then again, I think Bruce's role will be minor.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Curious to see what they do with the Bat-family since it's so large already and both Damian and Jason/Red Hood are likely to make appearances. Not to mention the fact that both Steph and Cass have already appeared but had no/few speaking lines. They could potentially do a Bruce/Talia relationship which would be a nice change of pace from Selina because if Talia is emotionally stable, then she has so much more to offer to Bruce and his children/family as a significant other than Selina does. I don't think it would be possible to do Bruce/Diana with the versions of the characters they currently have. Then again, I think Bruce's role will be minor.
Isn't Damian still a baby? I don't think we'll see him anymore than Bruce unless they jump really far ahead...
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:53 am

Yeah, he is. But they can always do that 'artificially age him up' thing. Or maybe he's just a setup for future seasons.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Huntsman44 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:53 am
Yeah, he is. But they can always do that 'artificially age him up' thing. Or maybe he's just a setup for future seasons.
Well, I hope we see him as Robin someday, so I´d be okay with them doing some weird League of Assassin science on him, even though Damian already goes through enough shit in pretty much every incarnation of the character.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

annaoi
Titan

Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:31 pm

I'm planning to watch. Is it okay to skip season 2 and 3 and go straight to this? I only got to finish season 1, I saw a bit of season 2.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:13 pm

annaoi wrote:
I'm planning to watch. Is it okay to skip season 2 and 3 and go straight to this? I only got to finish season 1, I saw a bit of season 2.
Hmm, good question. You'll obviously miss a lot, but if you get really confused there are always wikis and such on the web. I assume you don't mind spoilers.

Season 4 is pretty lackluster again, but it's getting better after the Mars arc. I really don't care about M'ganns family much, Beast Boy was cute but not much anymore.

Damian seems to grow normally.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

annaoi
Titan

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:37 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
annaoi wrote:
Hmm, good question. You'll obviously miss a lot, but if you get really confused there are always wikis and such on the web. I assume you don't mind spoilers.

Season 4 is pretty lackluster again, but it's getting better after the Mars arc. I really don't care about M'ganns family much, Beast Boy was cute but not much anymore.

Yeah, I don't mind spoilers. I'll just read them. I'm too lazy to watch everything lol. Thanks for this.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:31 am

annaoi wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:37 pm
Ghost13 wrote:
annaoi wrote:

Yeah, I don't mind spoilers. I'll just read them. I'm too lazy to watch everything lol. Thanks for this.
Buuut, your gonna miss some of the best! :(

Anyway, your welcome.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft