Felicity and Friends. (Arrow) Heresy.

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Felicity and Friends. (Arrow) Heresy.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:55 pm

couldn't find the other thread if there was one
Last edited by Darkknightsvengence on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: Arrow

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:47 am

I couldn't make it through the pilot. I stopped when I was overcome with how huge of a bastard Oliver was being for no reason. Also how fucking hard is it just to call the show GREEN ARROW?! Thats the character's fucking name!
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:I couldn't make it through the pilot. I stopped when I was overcome with how huge of a bastard Oliver was being for no reason. Also how fucking hard is it just to call the show GREEN ARROW?! Thats the character's fucking name!
At least it's closer to its name then what Smallville used to describe a younger Superman was it the Blur or something
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

rusoluchka
Titan

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:51 pm

It was the Blur. I give Arrow more props than Smallville, but I did kind of drop off from watching it after I saw the actress they brought in for Huntress. Although, got to say, love Tommy Merlin.
0 x
Batman: A little sharp on that turn, don't you think?
Wonder Woman: Sorry if I scared you.
Batman: ...

Aries
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:59 pm

I watched the pilot, but that was it. It was basically Batman meets Melrose's Place. Giving him a bow doesn't make him green arrow.
0 x

RunWithWolves
Titan

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:14 am

I watched the entire first season. I enjoyed it. And although it's not at the top of my must watch list I'd recommend it to comic book fans.
If we're comparing it to Smallville it's certainly better than the first season of Smallville. Quite frankly the only part of that show i enjoyed was Lois Lane.
0 x
I have to find another path. Divine my own future. One uniquely mine. Not a page from someone else's book. Not a fate that begins and ends on page one - Oracle

no avatar
Migalouch
Titan

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:14 am

Watched the entire first season, it was pretty awesome can't wait for season 2. Manu Bennett (Crixus from Spartacus) is a show stealer.

Also Oliver being a dick in the pilot was intentional, the show deals heavily with how the island changed the person he is into what he is becoming.
0 x

Aztec-08
Justice League

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 pm

I watched the first, then the second episode, and for some reason I got hooked though it has quite a few flaws, including Olivers acting. Still, it has its moments and was quite a decent show. I heard rumors at the start that Bruce Wayne would be appearing on the show so I guess thats one reason I stayed on it.
0 x
"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back as us, you blinked." - Batman

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:27 pm

It appears they are bringing in 1 more Batman villain Ra's al ghul and his League of Assassns(or whatever their name is now)
Where's Batman when you need him.....
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Psyche613
Titan

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:06 pm

As I was saying in the Harley thread...

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/nightwing-ap ... 00016.html
0 x
“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:03 am

Psyche613 wrote:As I was saying in the Harley thread...

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/nightwing-ap ... 00016.html
so basically Arrow is going to be Batman but without Batman......
just waiting for Alfred to appear now.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Phantomstranger
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Phantom Stranger

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:19 am

Its basically a Batman show without Batman .. but its a good show, I really like a lot of their characters .. Yao Fei from the first season was one of my favorites and Slade Wilson is just too badass
0 x
Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing. - Camus

He’ll still be here long after I’m dead and forgotten; long after all of us have come and gone, there will be Batman. - Grant Morrison

Lloyd RPGFan
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Atom (Ray Palmer)

Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 am

I also like their version of Slade Wilson. He's definitely one of the better elements of this show. However, my two main complaints concern Dinah and Ra's.

I guess there's just not that many memorable Green Arrow villains (though there's at least two or three good ones they haven't used yet, like Onomatopoeia), because bringing in Ra's al Ghul is definitely an attempt to attract Batman fans, but it's a very bad move in my opinion. Batman fans won't be happy if the show tries to steal their villain. ;)

Dinah's characterization is just horrible.
0 x
Wonder Woman: You know, we never did get to finish our dance.
Batman: [showing no reaction] I don't know what you're talking about.
Wonder Woman: If you say so. [takes his arm] But you're still taking me dancing.

no avatar
perseus
Teen Titan

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 am

@lloyd harley quinns arrival is hinted in the trailer for the upcoming episode so they are literally stealing everyone of bats rogues gallery for this show deathstroke is a titans villain so it seems legitimate they would introduce nightwing at some point however we will never see bats in the arrow series because i liken it to attending a tito jackson concert when suddenly micheal jackson makes an appearance on stage and he performs thriller
now i ask you after youve seen micheal jackson perform thriller do you really want to go back to listening to tito jackson?
0 x

no avatar
Migalouch
Titan

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 am

I can see them using Deathstroke, because there is history of Green Arrow putting an arrow in his eye socket (he already lost the eye in the comics) but I'm ok with them using him. Manu Bennett literally steals all the scenes he is in as well which I'm a fan of.

Personally, I have less of a problem nowadays with the character of Laurel (Dinah) then I do with her sister Sara, who is the current Black Canary. The character of Sara just seems incredibly flat and quite honestly I am waiting for her to die off because I don't get much enjoyment from her character and she kinda feels forced.

Only aspect of the entire show that I find odd is how Detective Lance (Arrow's Jim Gordon) at first accuses Oliver Queen of being the Arrow in season one, then now when he knows his daughter is Black Canary he seems oblivious to the fact that he once thought Oliver was the Arrow.

Personally the best character on the entire show is Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson, the guy steals the show completely with how badass and cool he is. Also the more I watch it, and I really do like the show don't get me wrong, the more I think they REALLY wanted to do a Batman show but weren't given the go ahead so instead they decided to do Arrow and basically make him Batman... except for the whole killing he sometimes does thing.
0 x

Phantomstranger
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Phantom Stranger

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 am

I quite like the character of Sara, the change from a scared party girl to a deadly assassin is pretty well done and the flashbacks have fleshed her out very well .. I am probably biased by the fact that she is the prettiest thing on the show, I can just watch her all the time
0 x
Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing. - Camus

He’ll still be here long after I’m dead and forgotten; long after all of us have come and gone, there will be Batman. - Grant Morrison

Psyche613
Titan

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Oh my...
0 x
“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Lloyd RPGFan
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Atom (Ray Palmer)

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:52 am

:drool:
0 x
Wonder Woman: You know, we never did get to finish our dance.
Batman: [showing no reaction] I don't know what you're talking about.
Wonder Woman: If you say so. [takes his arm] But you're still taking me dancing.

robpops
Titan

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:37 am

I'm just waiting for vic sage to show up. I thought that one ginger guy might have been him but it was just Sebastian Blood :(
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:13 am

Just a question in Arrow has anyone been show with an Arrow in the knee? (I'm going to burn at home for that one)
0 x
Hail to the King Baby