Felicity and Friends. (Arrow) Heresy.

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Felicity and Friends. (Arrow)

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:05 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST Am I like the only one who's not against the idea of Olicity ? I mean I don't watch the show but I don't think I really mind the idea. Black Canary is one of my favorite characters in DC, and Ollie is probably one of my least favorite, so I've never liked their romance and I've always felt it was forced (especially after Ollie cheated on Dinah). Additionally, I believe Dinah could do much MUCH better than Ollie, so I don't understand the obsession with their relationship. If Felicity is as bad a character as everyone is claiming, perhaps she and Ollie deserve each other...
The issue of Olicity is that it became the plot for season 4 even though it had "whose in the grave?" and Damien Darhk storylines but both of those were thrown into the nearby wood chipper for Olicity. Because of the focus on Felicity it should have been her in the grave but they backed out of that and still did not hype ANY OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS. Laurel had one episode and she died in the next episode she was put into a Fridge for a mary sue. Felicity could do nothing wrong in Season 4 that includes nuking cities, using the fact you can walk again after being crippled to literally walk out of a relationship (for a bit) and if I continue i'll probably end up lowering my IQ because it is rather stupid.
Too be honest did anyone care about Damien Darhk? The fight in which Darhk is defeated is taken from TDKR a Nolan fight with 2 groups charging each other and the two main people fight in hand to hand too bad they didn't tell Arrow that those two fighting were Batman and Bane not Damien and Green Arrow(who totally forgot how to use arrows for that season) it did not fit the characters at all.
I did stop watching S4 and ended up only reading the Synopsis by Onbenchnow which had these turn up in other places
Spoiler: Show

I would sooner read Comet/Supergirl Fanfiction then anything about Olicity. Yes go ahead quote me on that.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

ARB
Justice League

Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Eh so it's basically the same problems I have with Catwoman. I can definitely relate to that. Still, if Felicity is as bad as you say she is, that still means she's too good for Ollie. I honestly don't care for GA or the Arrow show, considering it's just a Batman rip-off in disguise anyway, which is rather fitting considering GA was always a second-rate Batman knockoff. So I'm glad Black Canary managed to stay away from that mess.
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:42 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST So I'm glad Black Canary managed to stay away from that mess.
Not exactly. She's dead. Killed for Olicity fans who were asking for her to be killed off and depending on how the arrow episode with Earth 2 Laruel goes it may just be her though there's talk of time travel.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Basically Felicity was supposed to be the awkward, but funny computer nerd that has Ollie's back. She was what Chloe was for Jack Bauer.

Of course the shippers got a hold of it and derailed the show. Season 3 was ruined because they decided to make it all about Felicity, giving her way more screen time than her character needed.

They then were going to kill her off Season 4 but backtracked and fucked it up.
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST
ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
Am I like the only one who's not against the idea of Olicity ? I mean I don't watch the show but I don't think I really mind the idea. Black Canary is one of my favorite characters in DC, and Ollie is probably one of my least favorite, so I've never liked their romance and I've always felt it was forced (especially after Ollie cheated on Dinah). Additionally, I believe Dinah could do much MUCH better than Ollie, so I don't understand the obsession with their relationship. If Felicity is as bad a character as everyone is claiming, perhaps she and Ollie deserve each other...
The issue of Olicity is that it became the plot for season 4 even though it had "whose in the grave?" and Damien Darhk storylines but both of those were thrown into the nearby wood chipper for Olicity. Because of the focus on Felicity it should have been her in the grave but they backed out of that and still did not hype ANY OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS. Laurel had one episode and she died in the next episode she was put into a Fridge for a mary sue. Felicity could do nothing wrong in Season 4 that includes nuking cities, using the fact you can walk again after being crippled to literally walk out of a relationship (for a bit) and if I continue i'll probably end up lowering my IQ because it is rather stupid.
Too be honest did anyone care about Damien Darhk? The fight in which Darhk is defeated is taken from TDKR a Nolan fight with 2 groups charging each other and the two main people fight in hand to hand too bad they didn't tell Arrow that those two fighting were Batman and Bane not Damien and Green Arrow(who totally forgot how to use arrows for that season) it did not fit the characters at all.
I did stop watching S4 and ended up only reading the Synopsis by Onbenchnow which had these turn up in other places

I would sooner read Comet/Supergirl Fanfiction then anything about Olicity. Yes go ahead quote me on that.

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Right heresy Train has arrived
Black Siren was in the previous episode only and in the recent episode they made an entirely new character called Dinah Drake with the abilitys of Black Canary so she will become her.
One major issue of that SHE HAS THE EXACT NAME OF SARA AND LAURELS MOTHER...
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Agent DC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Adam Strange

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST Right heresy Train has arrived
Black Siren was in the previous episode only and in the recent episode they made an entirely new character called Dinah Drake with the abilitys of Black Canary so she will become her.
Another middle finger to Laurel, first evil twin and now a character with are real name and actual powers.
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Agent DC wrote:QR_BBPOST
Another middle finger to Laurel, first evil twin and now a character with are real name and actual powers.
funny thing is this is a OC as Laruel and Saras mother has already appeared on Arrow played by Alex Kingston
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:14 am

Jesus, it would've been way easier to have the actual Black Canary in the show rather than this Laurel/Sara/Dinah Drake mess sharing pieces of one whole character.

But hey, this is Arrow we're talking about.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

theamerican
Justice League

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:40 am

You maniacs! You blew it all to hell!
1 x
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:16 am

I ship Olicity American, what!
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:18 am

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST I ship Olicity American, what!
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 am

0 x
"You're Strong"

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 am

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Image
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:28 am

0 x
"You're Strong"

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 am

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Image
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:34 pm

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/katie-c ... 202017139/
Katie Cassidy Returning to ‘Arrow’ for Good as Black Siren
“Arrow” executive producer Marc Guggenheim commented on Cassidy’s return, saying in a statement: “One of the things that most excites us about ‘Arrow’ is that we go where the story takes us. Last year, the story took us to the tragic death of Laurel Lance. This year, our midseason finale reintroduced us to Laurel’s doppelgänger, Black Siren. We were so taken by Katie’s fearless interpretation of this character that we knew her story was not yet finished. We couldn’t be more thrilled to welcome Katie back to ‘Arrow’ as Black Siren, though as her appearances on ‘Arrow’ and ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ this season show, she never really left the family.”
We were so taken by Katie’s fearless interpretation of this character that we knew her story was not yet finished.
WE KNEW HER STORY WAS NOT YET FINISHED.
THEY ORIGINALLY KILLED HER OFF BECAUSE THERE WAS NO MORE STORIES TO TELL.......
I now fully offically designate this thread as Heresy
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Agent DC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Adam Strange

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:55 am

Not surprised since these are the same people who didn't know who was in the grave until they wrote the episode.
0 x

theamerican
Justice League

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/katie-c ... 202017139/
Katie Cassidy Returning to ‘Arrow’ for Good as Black Siren
“Arrow” executive producer Marc Guggenheim commented on Cassidy’s return, saying in a statement: “One of the things that most excites us about ‘Arrow’ is that we go where the story takes us. Last year, the story took us to the tragic death of Laurel Lance. This year, our midseason finale reintroduced us to Laurel’s doppelgänger, Black Siren. We were so taken by Katie’s fearless interpretation of this character that we knew her story was not yet finished. We couldn’t be more thrilled to welcome Katie back to ‘Arrow’ as Black Siren, though as her appearances on ‘Arrow’ and ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ this season show, she never really left the family.”
We were so taken by Katie’s fearless interpretation of this character that we knew her story was not yet finished.
WE KNEW HER STORY WAS NOT YET FINISHED.
THEY ORIGINALLY KILLED HER OFF BECAUSE THERE WAS NO MORE STORIES TO TELL.......
I now fully offically designate this thread as Heresy

Those fucking idiots! Arrows ratings and reception has been on the downward spiral since Season 4 and we all know why and they do too. Olicity is damaging the show, culminating with the bumping off of the most interesting character of the show. Now they have Barry Allen alternating the timestream (I HAVE NOT WATCHED SEASON 3 YET SO PLEASE DONT SPOIL IT FOR ME) they could've fixed it and been like time travel, oh look laurels alive again. Would've been contrived but better than trying to bring her back by the form of her evil counterpart. We don't want the actress back, we wanted Laurel from Earth One back. This is adding insult to injury. Could've let Laurel stay dead but now they have to insult us by making Black Siren force her way as to replace her character.

Fucking idiots.
Agent DC wrote:QR_BBPOST Not surprised since these are the same people who didn't know who was in the grave until they wrote the episode.
Yep. For being a serialized show they are really terrible at planning things in the long term
1 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Re: Felicity and Friends. (Arrow) Heresy.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Arrow is on meltdown again

Yes it's about the character of Felicity again.

Probably one of the werid quotes of that thread
"It's a bad sign for the show when I'm rooting for the Nazi to kill the Jew. It's a really bad sign."

"I don’t watch arrow. I watch Legends and Supergirl. But I came here to say that was some bullshit.
Felicity rescued Supergirl. She basically captained Sara’s ship. She hijacked the Flash’s wedding. And she stole the Green Arrows balls. Holy shit.
For a crossover that has fucking Green Arrow, Supergirl, the Flash, and so many more we sure spend a lot of fucking time on some blonde bimbo.
Honestly I respect you guys. If that’s what you have to deal with every week I really do respect your commitment to arrow. I know it was good once but it kinda seems like garbage now."
0 x
Hail to the King Baby