Justice League Action

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:21 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST I have a feeling the show will be canceled soon, people just don't seem to be into it that much plus the fact that it is already outdated and represent something DC is trying to move away from does not help it either. Young Justice is coming back shortly and with the comics going in a different direction not to mention the DCEU I am surprised they had the guts to air it in the first place.
I even think it is already canned, they did 52 shorts in one batch to avoid not having a 2nd season
1 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Justice League Action

Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:31 am

maelstron wrote:QR_BBPOST
ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST I have a feeling the show will be canceled soon, people just don't seem to be into it that much plus the fact that it is already outdated and represent something DC is trying to move away from does not help it either. Young Justice is coming back shortly and with the comics going in a different direction not to mention the DCEU I am surprised they had the guts to air it in the first place.
I even think it is already canned, they did 52 shorts in one batch to avoid not having a 2nd season
Good let it burn
0 x

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOST No wonder that it felt so forced. Maybe, maybeee they´ll fix the lack of WW/BM at some point. I am trying to remain optimistic.
Oh god I hope not. SMWW is like a nuclear explosion. It doesn't just kill everything, but it also insures that nothing good can be grown in its wake. In a show where SMWW has already been a thing, especially handled the way they did in JLA, I'd rather not see any BMWW to be honest. Not that this version of WW is anything like the WW we love from the comics and the DCAU. I'd be content if they just gave SMWW an agonizing death, hopefully in a very publicized manner.
DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST I think I was right in saying the episode sounded like a parody of the SMWW relationship. Basically pointing out how shallow the reasoning behind the paring is like the author is subtly trying to give the middle finger to have to write SMWW.
I don't think that was the intent, as I doubt any writer is ballsy enough to do that, not to mention that the shallow reasons they used in the episode were lifted from the comics or from the mouths of the people who support the idea, so it seems to me that the writer just had to play along. I find that often whenever the writers heart is not set on whatever they're asked to write, that it clearly shows in their work, and that's why I believe the episode was terrible (aside from being a SMWW episode I mean. You can never blame a writer for SMWW being garbage). Now we can only wonder how anyone thought the script was good enough to be animated in the first place.
Yes, i don't think the writers even tried to do a SMWW a believable thing. Just put some shit SMWW fans say and it is done.
1 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Justice League Action

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

New episode:

Plastic Man Saves the World

Summary:
Spoiler: Show
Brainiac wants to add Metropolis to his collection and shrink the world. He is confronted by Batman, Cyborg and Vixen but his drones keep finding ways to counter their skills and powers. Superman joins the battle but is also fairly helpless against the alien. The Jl needs to infiltrate his ship somehow. Just in time Plastic Man arrives. But Superman and Batman obviously think he is not taking the situation seriously enough. His awkward behaviour doesn´t help. Frustrated, the underestimated Superhero tries to get to the ship using his his shape changing powers. He succeds on the second attempt, changing into a duck. He gains access Brainiacs city collection and uses the opportunity to fool around again. Meanwhile the other heroes helplessy witness Brainiac activating his shrinking ray. Plastic Man delays the firing of the cannon, but is thrown out of the ship in the process. He makes another attempt, impersonating Brainiacs robots as best as he can. In the end, Plas seemingly sacrificed himself to destroy the ship, which makes the League regret how they treated him. But he survived of course, saving all the worlds in Brainiacs collection by swallowing them. In the end he forces the others to take a selfie with him and the captured Brainiac.
Thoughts:
There is not much to say. This episode mostly just consisted of Plastic Man fooling around. In the end he gets the respect he deserves, which was nice but would have been handled way better in the old Dc animated universe.
6/10
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Oh a Plastic Man episode ?! Well I love Plas, so if this was a different show I might've gotten excited. Don't do that to yourself Ghost, there's no comparison between this garbage and the DCAU, and thinking of what we could've had will only get you depressed. It's enough that you're watching the show to write the reviews for us.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Justice League Action

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:08 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST Oh a Plastic Man episode ?! Well I love Plas, so if this was a different show I might've gotten excited. Don't do that to yourself Ghost, there's no comparison between this garbage and the DCAU, and thinking of what we could've had will only get you depressed. It's enough that you're watching the show to write the reviews for us.
Life is too short to get depressed over cartoons. I like Plas, too. This really was a wasted chance. Brave and the Bold had some good episodes with him from what I remember.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

robpops
Titan

Re: Justice League Action

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 am
I wouldn´t go as far as calling it a mockery of the original. They don´t really go for "goofy boys humor" (as the producers of Go called it) as the other show but they also don´t seem to have the pretension that Action could realistically compete with the DCAU.

Anyway, I left out a lot of episodes last time.

Luthor in Paradise

Summary:
Luthor and Circe invade Paradise Island. They initially overcome Wonder Woman and her mother but Superman and Batman come to their help despite not being welcome on the island as men. The fight is later taken to another dimension where Luthor gets his hands on an artifact that gives him the power of Zeus (as well as long white hair). All seems lost until Diana can convince his partner that he is just taking advantage of her, at which point Circe easily puts Luthor in his place and humiliates him. Hypollita then thanks Dianas "sidekicks" but still tells them that they need to get off the Themyscira.
Summary:
Not really one of the better episodes. They really go out of their way to make Luthor look goody and stupid while the basic idea of Diana showing Circe that she doesn´t need him is pretty good and could have worked great if utilized in a more mature way.
5.8/10

Rage of the Red Lanterns

Summary:
Lobo has stolen rings from the Red Lanterns and now seeks asylum in the new Watchtower. While the League is debating the issue they wonder why Lobo did it since no one who hasn´t been accepted by the Corps can use these rings. However, it soon becomes clear that Lobo is just using the rings to start a fight between both teams. In the ensuing chaos he steals a glove from the Leagues army that gives him the power to take on both teams. Reluctantly the League and the Red Lanterns team up to stop him.
Summary:
This episode did a good job of showing Lobos manipulative side and it even hinted at some of the atrocities he has comitted in the comics subtly. There is one scene where Batman is being a bit out of character and suggests that turning over Lobo to the Red Lanterns would still be justice. Maybe WW could have gotten that line seeing how she is portrayed in this show if they wanted them to have a real debate, but it didn´t seem like something that Bruce would consider. I actually liked the Red Lanterns in this episode. In the comics I find them boring and a bit of a childish concept. Dex-Star espacially gets a few good scenes. Maybe they just better fit into this kind of show than into the more mature Dc Universe.
7/10

Freezer Burn

Summary:
Batman and Firestorm team up again to stop Mr Freeze and Killer Frost to turn Gotham into a frozen wasteland they can rule over. They are initially defeated and Batman almost drowned, but the situation changes to the better once Freeze doublecrosses frost.
Summary:
I really hate Firestorm in this show. Whenever he shows up it seems to be guaranteed that the episode will suck. The evil plan the villains came up with also was a bit simplistic, even for a show like this.
3/10

Trick or Threat

Cain, the keeper of the House of Mystery explains what the creepy mansion he resides in does. We then see a bunch of kids disguised as Batman, Zattana, Constantine and Dr Fate fight off a bunch of bullies who steal childrens Haloween candy. A boy dressed in a black cat costume lures them into the House of Mystery, saying that this is where the bullies keep what they stole from the other children. Turns out though that they are just rats turned into humans. Klarion has transformed the Justice League into children and now tries to keep them trapped in the House of Mystery forever and for that purpose had invented the stories about the bullies. But the League still manages to regain their memories, become adults again and trap Klarion in the house with all its monsters.
This episode starts off great with a bit of narration by Cain who you may know from Sandman and the old House of Mystery horror comics. For a moment I thought I was watching Brave and the Bold again because of how well they utilize this character. Cain is voiced and animated perfectly, unfortunately the rest of the episode wasn´t written nearly as good. It seemed like a watered down version of Kids Stuff from the Dcau. Which is unfortunate, because seeing Constantine as a kid, still talking in his cockney accent, was kinda funny. Also the horrors of the house of mystery where kind of a let down, espacially after all that built up by the narrator.
7.3/10

I actually really like Firestorm in this! He's actually my favorite so far :innocent:
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:42 am

robpops wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 am
Ghost13 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 am
I wouldn´t go as far as calling it a mockery of the original. They don´t really go for "goofy boys humor" (as the producers of Go called it) as the other show but they also don´t seem to have the pretension that Action could realistically compete with the DCAU.

Anyway, I left out a lot of episodes last time.

Luthor in Paradise

Summary:
Luthor and Circe invade Paradise Island. They initially overcome Wonder Woman and her mother but Superman and Batman come to their help despite not being welcome on the island as men. The fight is later taken to another dimension where Luthor gets his hands on an artifact that gives him the power of Zeus (as well as long white hair). All seems lost until Diana can convince his partner that he is just taking advantage of her, at which point Circe easily puts Luthor in his place and humiliates him. Hypollita then thanks Dianas "sidekicks" but still tells them that they need to get off the Themyscira.
Summary:
Not really one of the better episodes. They really go out of their way to make Luthor look goody and stupid while the basic idea of Diana showing Circe that she doesn´t need him is pretty good and could have worked great if utilized in a more mature way.
5.8/10

Rage of the Red Lanterns

Summary:
Lobo has stolen rings from the Red Lanterns and now seeks asylum in the new Watchtower. While the League is debating the issue they wonder why Lobo did it since no one who hasn´t been accepted by the Corps can use these rings. However, it soon becomes clear that Lobo is just using the rings to start a fight between both teams. In the ensuing chaos he steals a glove from the Leagues army that gives him the power to take on both teams. Reluctantly the League and the Red Lanterns team up to stop him.
Summary:
This episode did a good job of showing Lobos manipulative side and it even hinted at some of the atrocities he has comitted in the comics subtly. There is one scene where Batman is being a bit out of character and suggests that turning over Lobo to the Red Lanterns would still be justice. Maybe WW could have gotten that line seeing how she is portrayed in this show if they wanted them to have a real debate, but it didn´t seem like something that Bruce would consider. I actually liked the Red Lanterns in this episode. In the comics I find them boring and a bit of a childish concept. Dex-Star espacially gets a few good scenes. Maybe they just better fit into this kind of show than into the more mature Dc Universe.
7/10

Freezer Burn

Summary:
Batman and Firestorm team up again to stop Mr Freeze and Killer Frost to turn Gotham into a frozen wasteland they can rule over. They are initially defeated and Batman almost drowned, but the situation changes to the better once Freeze doublecrosses frost.
Summary:
I really hate Firestorm in this show. Whenever he shows up it seems to be guaranteed that the episode will suck. The evil plan the villains came up with also was a bit simplistic, even for a show like this.
3/10

Trick or Threat

Cain, the keeper of the House of Mystery explains what the creepy mansion he resides in does. We then see a bunch of kids disguised as Batman, Zattana, Constantine and Dr Fate fight off a bunch of bullies who steal childrens Haloween candy. A boy dressed in a black cat costume lures them into the House of Mystery, saying that this is where the bullies keep what they stole from the other children. Turns out though that they are just rats turned into humans. Klarion has transformed the Justice League into children and now tries to keep them trapped in the House of Mystery forever and for that purpose had invented the stories about the bullies. But the League still manages to regain their memories, become adults again and trap Klarion in the house with all its monsters.
This episode starts off great with a bit of narration by Cain who you may know from Sandman and the old House of Mystery horror comics. For a moment I thought I was watching Brave and the Bold again because of how well they utilize this character. Cain is voiced and animated perfectly, unfortunately the rest of the episode wasn´t written nearly as good. It seemed like a watered down version of Kids Stuff from the Dcau. Which is unfortunate, because seeing Constantine as a kid, still talking in his cockney accent, was kinda funny. Also the horrors of the house of mystery where kind of a let down, espacially after all that built up by the narrator.
7.3/10

I actually really like Firestorm in this! He's actually my favorite so far :innocent:
Just saw Episode 24, the one with Two Face and Deadshot. Firestorm wasn´t that bad in it I think...

Wonder if we´ll ever see Robin in the Show.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:18 am

I really like Action. It's basically what Teen Titans Go tried and failed to be.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
I really like Action. It's basically what Teen Titans Go tried and failed to be.

Can´t say I am a big fan, but it is okay now and then. The Toyman episode is probably still the best.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 am

Ghost13 wrote:
RadicalLogic wrote:

Can´t say I am a big fan, but it is okay now and then. The Toyman episode is probably still the best.
I think if you can just accept it for what it is and not compare it to the DCAU, it's pretty fun.
1 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:45 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 am
Ghost13 wrote:
RadicalLogic wrote:

I think if you can just accept it for what it is and not compare it to the DCAU, it's pretty fun.
Yeah, I see it mostly as a way to shorten the wait until Young Justice.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
imagnryfroster
Teen Titan

Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm
Aye, I feel like Marvel should do a show like this not DC. The justice League characters are suited for matured teens and older comic book fans. Though they also have the appeal with little kids it's just if it can't be taken seriously, the show loses a large portion of their audience. Thts my opinion.

They should just make a BM/WW teamup animation. You have the most profitable comic book character and WW is starting to really pickup with mainstream audience. So DC let's make it happen man. Just have Susan and Kevin, and you literally can't fail.
That's a funny statement, because Marvel had this show called the Super Hero Squad. It's actually a guilty pleasure of mine that I watched it a few years ago, but it can be what JLA was aiming for.

That being said, I am a bit sad that JLA never had a second season.

Also, absolutely yes, the two need a teamup so bad, which I guess the Endless Winter thing is supposed to be.
1 x
Missing the DCAU, already missed DCcU
OTP since the First Date