Justice League Action

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST Glad to be back! I've missed you guys a lot. I have to say that I agree with you ARB. My little shipper heart is broken into a million pieces. I really thought we were finally past all this SMWW crap. I was talking to Dinasis about it too....ok, actually I was venting my rage at him and he kind of calmed me down by saying the same thing someone else said here. This was in production while New52 was going on.

I guess our only hope is that they'll come to their senses. While it's not the most awesome show in the world, it definitely helped fill the void that JL/JLU left behind. I was seriously hoping that this show was going to pick up on the DCEU love for BMWW and do with it what JL/JLU was too scared to do. Even if they do end up going down the yellow brick BMWW road, I agree with you. It's already been tainted by the wicked witch relationship known as SMWW.
Well I'm glad you're still in somewhat of a high spirit, god knows we need a few people here to spread some optimism >_<

Yeah, this whole situation honestly stinks, and I can't pretend I'm not disappointed even if this is just a hold over from the New 52. The very brazen and crappy way they shove it in there certainly didn't help matter either. It sucks to realize that BMWW, even its heydays never received anything like this, and people actually liked it. Meanwhile, DC is still trying to push an idea that proved to be a failure, and are doing so in the most aggressive way possible. Let's hope the DCEU turns things around....
theamerican wrote:QR_BBPOST Again it seems to be a "meh" cartoon so I wouldn't worry. DC seems to have lost its luster for animation lately.
Still this is a pretty hard blow to all of us. It's the timing that made it all the more cruel, as I believe most people, me included were caught completely off guard by this. It came at a time when we thought SMWW was completely dead, and that's why people are voicing their displeasure with it. Also, seeing the same people who constantly criticize the way BMWW was handled in the DCAU gloating about JL Action doesn't make things easier...
It's not really a blow. What was a blow was first the reboot erasing all the BMWW we had built up the last decade, then SMWW happening in 2012, and then them getting their own comic book.

Since then we've had the DCEU and Susan Eisenbert still championing BMWW. Furthermore the animated films have been tanking since Timm left and everyone's been commenting except for Young Justice and some Brave and the Bold moments, nothing has competed with the DCAU since then. And now DC has even done away with SMWW. You have Rucka subtlety pretending it never happened and it wasn't really part of WW. We'll be fine. Don't let a two year old mediocre cartoon worry you. With Young Justice coming back JL Action will probably fade away in animation priority
2 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 pm

theamerican wrote:QR_BBPOST It's not really a blow. What was a blow was first the reboot erasing all the BMWW we had built up the last decade, then SMWW happening in 2012, and then them getting their own comic book.

Since then we've had the DCEU and Susan Eisenbert still championing BMWW. Furthermore the animated films have been tanking since Timm left and everyone's been commenting except for Young Justice and some Brave and the Bold moments, nothing has competed with the DCAU since then. And now DC has even done away with SMWW. You have Rucka subtlety pretending it never happened and it wasn't really part of WW. We'll be fine. Don't let a two year old mediocre cartoon worry you. With Young Justice coming back JL Action will probably fade away in animation priority
I mean.....I guess. The thing is (for me at least) back in 2010 I wasn't as invested in BMWW as I am now, so when everything came crashing down I just moved on. Now however, I'm much more invested in BMWW and between SMWW ending and the DCEU teasing BMWW, my hope was beginning to get restored, so to see something like this now hurts more because it came at a time when we were getting hopeful. I still can see your logic though, and I think you're right. Still, the DCAU is getting older and older, and its influences are becoming less and less visible, so hopefully WB manages to correct the problems with their animation stuff when they still have people who worked on/respect the DCAU. Young Justice is really their last hope at this point, so hope it comes before long.
0 x

no avatar
imagnryfroster
Teen Titan

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:02 pm

I seriously can't believe it at all! I mean, I've been watching it recently and I thought it was kind of like Batman The Brave & The Bold but for the Justice League, not bad but kind of has some awkward moments considering they're making it more comedic. I even thought it was some kind of spiritual sequel to the original because of Wonder Woman's comment about her saving Batman two times (relatively the same number as in the old show I think), hence why I thought they'ld have some 'special moments' together. But no, the latest episode I'm watching almost unexpectedly gave the SMWW treatment. :broken: :dizzy: . They haven't even introduced or mentioned the classic love interests, and the first 'romance' scene introduces SMWW.
P.S.: I like how Wonder Woman's this badass in the show, but I have to agree on her brawl-first-care-later schtick - but I hope to see her more compassionate side eventually. Seriously, before coming here I was more concerned on her hairstyle. It looked like she was trying to rebel from a strict mother - oh wait!
0 x
Missing the DCAU, already missed DCcU
OTP since the First Date

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:54 am

Oh no please continue with your reviews Ghost, if you feel still inclined to do them. I might not comment on your reviews, but I read all of your impressions, and find them immensely helpful. So please keep up the good work...
I still feel inclined to do them ^^

Let´s see how this "meh" series develops. It definately is more of an appetizer while Young Justice season 3 will be the main course.

Repulse (or, the dreaded SMWW episode...)

Summary
Spoiler: Show
Clark and Diana are out on a date. They compare Steve Trevor to Lois, who both are in love with their superhero identity, not their real self. They go for a kiss, but are interrupted by police sirens. Diana looks dissapointed. Hawkman arrives as they confront a villain in a force field called Repulse. Clark acts awkward, trying to hide that they were on a date. Diana ends up tied with her own lasso again and is still very upset that their date got interrupted for this. Superman manages to finish the fight in the sewers and discovers that Repulse was Lex Luthor. More awkward flirting ensues.... Hawkman is embarrased. Before they can kiss the team discovers that Superman has been invected with Luthors new "repulse" powers. Knowing that he´d be a danger to civilians Clark tries to fly up into space and accidently hits a plane with his now expanding forcefield. After saving it WW and Hawkman confront Luthor in prison. Diana threatens him and uses the lasso, learning that they need something to drain solar energy to deactivate the nanobots in Clarks body. With Luthor in their custody they go to a black hole. The villain uses the first opportunity to get free and attack Clark. They end up both sucked into the black hole and WW drags them out with her lasso. The power of the black hole helped free Clark of the nanobots. They escape from its dangerous collapse. WW and Clark are in the restaurant again, this time in costume. However, Diana refuses to be kissed by Clark because his breath smells of garlic...
Verdict
Oh god, this really was terrible. Clark and Dianas affection for each other gets in the way of them doing their job and makes them act stupid and awkward all the time. Luthors plan was okay I guess. Making Clark endanger other people and sepperating him from his love by trapping him in a forcefield is pretty evil, but that alone can´t save this episode. They try to justify the romance between the two by saying how Trevor and Lois refuse to see them for what they really are which feels forced since the only time they really did that was during the Golden and Silver Age. But at the same time they want a partner who can keep up with their super powered adventures and doesn´t need to be rescued, which seems shallow. And poor Hawkman, I suppose he wished he could team up with Batman during this.... the worst part was the running gag with Diana and Clark not being able to kiss each other. That reminded me of a certain other not that fondly remembered animated series...
2/10

Speed Demon

Summary
Harley Quinn gets captured by Zatanna and Batman. Brother Night supplied her with magic powers. They go to the demon populated nightclub he resides in. Batman takes out the bodyguards and Zatanna stops his henchwoman Amber from roasting Bruce. The Wizard offers Batman powers, but he refuses. They leave since Night apparently hasn´t anything more sinister planned than gifting people with magic abilities. In the meantime though the Wizard enchants the Batmobile. Zatanna is trapped in the trunk of the car and Batman has a hard time preventing his vehicle from killing him. He ends up in the home of Jason Blood and orders him to turn into Etrigan which he refuses at first. During the fight Etrigan summons Merlin to enchant another car (did they invent this power just for the show? Never have seen him do it before). An Ice Cream truck turns out to be the only one available. Batman frees Zatanna on his own and they take the fight to the nightclub with a teleportation spell. Brother Night teleports away while the club (and both cars) get wrecked. Frustrated Batman agrees to have ice cream with Zatanna and Etrigan.
Verdict
I quite liked Brother Night. He is an interesting villain, visually at least. Otherwise this was pretty unimpressive. Have you noticed how many episode there are where something/somebody normally harmless gets posessed/infected by some power?
5/10

Hat Trick
Etrigan, Batman and Zatanna fight some monsters in a shopping promenade. They were a distraction by Felix Faust, who steals Zatannas hat, which also functions as a gateway to other dimensions. The warlock however only manages to summon forth bunnies with it. One of them has a bug/implant which helps Zatanna track it to Scotland. Etrigan once again summons Merlin to teleport them. Finally Felix manages to summon the Demon Ghast who restores his youth. Etrigan and Bruce try to stop the demon from destroying a coastal city while Zatanna fights the young, very immature Felix Faust to get her hat back. With its aid she is able to cast a spell that stops Ghast.
Another episode with Batman and magic...it is getting kinda repetetive at this point. Ghast who is usually a goblin like creature is portrayed as an almost Lovecraftian monstrosity. Thats the only thing interesting/unusual here. I also thought it was a little weird how Etrigan summoned the Wizard of Wizards just to teleport which Zatanna can do fine on her own as seen before. You´d think he would reserve that power for more desperate situations...
4/10
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:14 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST There are some good and bad observations i can make regarding the SM/WW shipping in this new cartoon. I'll begin with the bad, since it's better that way:

BAD:
The cartoon is taking a lot of cues from The New 52 era of comics.
The cartoon is firmly shipping Superman and Wonder Woman.
In the opening sequence Superman and Wonder Woman appear first one after the other, then all other heroes and lastly Batman. Usually it would be Superman (or Batman first), Batman (or Superman second), Wonder Wonder and then all the other heroes, since the trinity is always shown standing together in these type of things, but this cartoon is cleally aiming to create a visual distinction by showing Superman and Wonder Woman as an item far removed from Batman.
Whenever there's an episode that includes Superman and Wonder Woman as primary characters Wonder Woman always show up uninvited to assist Superman in his mission, and that whenever there are group shots Superman and Wonder Woman are always standing close to each other. Usually Batman is shown far away from the two by himself or with the rest of the group.
Apparently the first season is going to have some 50 episodes or something and they might have all been produced in these lasts years where the SM/WW pairing was a thing. So moving forward there's a good chance that there might be more episodes focusing entirely on the pairing or even some teasing with the pairing here and there in several episodes to remind the views they're an established couple.
The cartoon seem to focus more on Superman than Batman and consequently enjoy playing more with Superman than Batman. Batman mostly show up briefly to debrief the characters on the missions or or introduce new characters in a more supporting role.
The DCAU and the DCEU movies, with its BM/WW pairing, were a fluke and DC will attempt to shove the SM/WW pairing everywhere from now on.

GOOD:
While the infamous episode with the SM/WW pairing had Superman and Wonder Woman going out on a date, Wonder Woman fawning over Superman, and Superman and Wonder Woman trying to kiss each other thrice, Superman and Wonder Woman never managed to actually lock their lips together in the episode since they were always interrupted by something, and it was their first date. So this might a one thing kinda of thing.
The cartoon might be just teasing the SM/WW pairing for a bit before introducing their respective original love interests and place them with their original love interests - Lois Lane and Steve Trevor. The cartoon is all about showcasing the DCU characters after all, including the more obscure ones. So they might do something with Lois Lane and Steve Trevor eventually.
The second season might end the pairing for good because of how badly the pairing fared in the comics.
There might not be a second season.
The second season might tease or outright have the BM/WW pairing thanks to movies influence (very flimsy in case the people behind the cartoon actually hate Batman's character).

So... not so many good observations, but we gotta remain hopeful, right?
50 episodes on the first season? tha tis too much, my guess is: There isn't a 2nd season.

first red light was that it aired firstly on UK than US. I remember here on brasil getting to the 1st season finale months before US, it wasn't a good sign for the tv show;
with 50 on first season they get a sindication already. If CN air it all.

went to see the audience of the premiere and I couldn't find it. Maybe it did too low.

SMWW tanked on comics and the animated movies. not long until they drag the JLA.

maybe they were just teasing to see if there is interest, but IDK. anything base on new 52 will bring failure
1 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:23 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
theamerican wrote:QR_BBPOST It's not really a blow. What was a blow was first the reboot erasing all the BMWW we had built up the last decade, then SMWW happening in 2012, and then them getting their own comic book.

I mean.....I guess. The thing is (for me at least) back in 2010 I wasn't as invested in BMWW as I am now, so when everything came crashing down I just moved on. Now however, I'm much more invested in BMWW and between SMWW ending and the DCEU teasing BMWW, my hope was beginning to get restored, so to see something like this now hurts more because it came at a time when we were getting hopeful. I still can see your logic though, and I think you're right. Still, the DCAU is getting older and older, and its influences are becoming less and less visible, so hopefully WB manages to correct the problems with their animation stuff when they still have people who worked on/respect the DCAU. Young Justice is really their last hope at this point, so hope it comes before long.
The most influential stuff recently were done by Timm, weisman and giancarlo volpe. teen titans go is funny but it is just that: funny.

Action seems fun, but seems to be only that. a better TTG and I practically see no buzz for it. Also cheaper animation than DCAU.

SMWW already failed on comics and animated movies like AMERICAn said it was even erased from comics. WB know the couple can't sell stories, now is time to correct and have a better product on the future.
0 x

robpops
Titan

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:20 pm

does hellacre and crew know about this? has anyone been on their site? If were lucky they'll never find out about it, and the show will be cancelled before they do. If they do know about it, you can bet on that entire horde to demand the show give them more of it as if it's their right and nothing else matters
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:48 pm

robpops wrote:does hellacre and crew know about this? has anyone been on their site? If were lucky they'll never find out about it, and the show will be cancelled before they do. If they do know about it, you can bet on that entire horde to demand the show give them more of it as if it's their right and nothing else matters
That's why i say that we, as Wonderbat shippers, shouldn't try to act cool and indifferent this time around. I know we like to act civil about these things, but this time around it'd be a mistake to do so. Aren't we supposedly the protectors of the Wonderbat romance?

Remember, the whole reason Wonderbat kept happening back in the old DCAU was because Bruce Timm and the rest of the production crew found out that the first teasing between them became hugely popular with the viewers. Back then they were still unsure what to do with Wonder Woman romance-wise. That's why you had Faraday King in some episodes in the earlier seasons. But then the viewers responded to the BM/WW teasing and the rest is history.

If we let the crazy SM/WW shippers make noise, and they will because they're a noisy bunch, we run the risk of this cartoon's producers thinking that the SM/WW shippers represent the views of their audience and double down on the SM/WW pairing for the show.

So this is the time to ally ourselves with the Superman/Lois Lane and Wonder Woman/Steve Trevor crowd, because together we grow in numbers and become stronger, and complain directly to the show's writers, directors and producers to show them how displeased we're with the romance between Superman and Wonder Woman.
A good tactic is to remind them that Superman and Lois Lane is very iconic couple that has been in almost every adaption. So to have Superman badmouth as a excuse to snuggle with Wonder Woman just makes him look bad, especially when he says that Wonder Woman doesn't need any save as a dig against Lois, which makes him look a superficial and elitist jerk that only date people for their physical traits which he can benefit from.
We should also remind them that most people see Batman and Wonder Woman as an item thanks to the DCAU and, of course, the DCEU movies. So it's pretty weird to see Wonder Woman dating someone who was always seen her bestie or brother, and that makes her feel creepy.

Seriously, we should complain loud about this. Be as obnoxious as possible. The SM/WW always do things like that and look at them now getting everything they want.
1 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:23 pm

I do find humor in the fact that the episode is call "Repulse" and it is has SMWW romance in it. Like yes we get that SMWW is repulsive too. Also Steve and Lois are shallow but Diana won't kiss Clark with garlic breath. I see such mad passion there. Actually everything about the romance just seems to be a joke so maybe we should just find the humor in it like I think is what is intended.
3 x
FU DC

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:46 pm

DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST I do find humor in the fact that the episode is call "Repulse" and it is has SMWW romance in it. Like yes we get that SMWW is repulsive too. Also Steve and Lois are shallow but Diana won't kiss Clark with garlic breath. I see such mad passion there. Actually everything about the romance just seems to be a joke so maybe we should just find the humor in it like I think is what is intended.
Well, the episode makes it clear that it was their first date together. Superman even ask Wonder Woman about her deal with Steve Trevor when she confess that she hadn't been in a date for ages. So that's why she didn't felt such an unresistant need to kiss him. It was supposed to be a nice tentative experience and his awful breath was in the way of it.

But the joke about the episode name, "Repulse!", is that something always come up when Superman and Wonder Woman are attempting to kiss each other, by repelling them from one another. Be it Lex Luthor's scheme or the garlic.

I doubt there's some bigger meta joke about SM/WW being awful since the cartoon is definitely trying to make them a pair. She's always there to help Superman fight his enemies - Parasite, Mongul and so on -, and one of the newest episodes is about Circe and Lex Luthor aligning with each other to take down the Justice League (or mainly Superman and Wonder Woman).
1 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:40 pm

You can look at it that way but I am going to look at it my way. I love that SMWW is such a mockery of good romance and just plain total suckage. And honestly I would rather have no BMWW if it is going to be this crappy. SMWW can kiss my ass and I will not waste anymore energy even thinking about it except to mock it heartily.
1 x
FU DC

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Damn, DJ is so battle hardened after years of enduring SMWW that nothing fazes her anymore. Now I feel bad for getting bummed out over this JL Action fiasco XD
1 x

robpops
Titan

Justice League Action

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:50 pm

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST
robpops wrote:does hellacre and crew know about this? has anyone been on their site? If were lucky they'll never find out about it, and the show will be cancelled before they do. If they do know about it, you can bet on that entire horde to demand the show give them more of it as if it's their right and nothing else matters
That's why i say that we, as Wonderbat shippers, shouldn't try to act cool and indifferent this time around. I know we like to act civil about these things, but this time around it'd be a mistake to do so. Aren't we supposedly the protectors of the Wonderbat romance?

Remember, the whole reason Wonderbat kept happening back in the old DCAU was because Bruce Timm and the rest of the production crew found out that the first teasing between them became hugely popular with the viewers. Back then they were still unsure what to do with Wonder Woman romance-wise. That's why you had Faraday King in some episodes in the earlier seasons. But then the viewers responded to the BM/WW teasing and the rest is history.

If we let the crazy SM/WW shippers make noise, and they will because they're a noisy bunch, we run the risk of this cartoon's producers thinking that the SM/WW shippers represent the views of their audience and double down on the SM/WW pairing for the show.

So this is the time to ally ourselves with the Superman/Lois Lane and Wonder Woman/Steve Trevor crowd, because together we grow in numbers and become stronger, and complain directly to the show's writers, directors and producers to show them how displeased we're with the romance between Superman and Wonder Woman.
A good tactic is to remind them that Superman and Lois Lane is very iconic couple that has been in almost every adaption. So to have Superman badmouth as a excuse to snuggle with Wonder Woman just makes him look bad, especially when he says that Wonder Woman doesn't need any save as a dig against Lois, which makes him look a superficial and elitist jerk that only date people for their physical traits which he can benefit from.
We should also remind them that most people see Batman and Wonder Woman as an item thanks to the DCAU and, of course, the DCEU movies. So it's pretty weird to see Wonder Woman dating someone who was always seen her bestie or brother, and that makes her feel creepy.

Seriously, we should complain loud about this. Be as obnoxious as possible. The SM/WW always do things like that and look at them now getting everything they want.

That's why I was asking if they even knew about it, if they don't, then just keep this -ish on the down low until it's cancelled. I don't want to do anything that might alert them to it. But if they do then yeah, we should kick up a fuss, before that fauxmance takes too big of a hold on the show
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 am

I think i'm a glutton for punishment because i just had a sick thought...

Maybe the new cartoon after that dreaded episode won't do much with the SM/WW pairing, other than show them constantly standing side by side to remind us they're an item. Because, after all, the episodes are too short and the stories need to be humorous, and they've already explored everything they could with such pairing in that single episode.

They showed Superman and Wonder Woman complaining about Lois and Steve being two unappreciative fools that only care for the costumes, Superman saying that Wonder Woman doesn't need any save as a not-so-subtle dig about Lois being a damsel in distress (this after rescuing Wonder Woman anyway), had Wonder Woman fawning over how awesome and caring Superman, Wonder woman going berserk on an enemy because he had placed Superman's life in danger, Wonder Woman rescuing Superman at the nick of time (although he really didn't need it because he's that awesome), and so on. So other than all that the only things left are super-sex and Wonder Woman tempting Superman into being more proactive about humanity's problems, things they won't do in a cartoon like this.

Well, that's my wishful thinking, at least. That we won't have more episodes focusing on SM/WW. It's awful enough the single one and the fact that they're constantly shown close to one another.

But then... and this is what my post is about... what if DC decided to release a digital tie-in comic about this cartoon?

DC always releases a digital comic about their shows. DCAU had one (where they eventually push for SM/WW in the most convoluted and disgusting way possible), the current Teen Titans Go has one. So this cartoon probably will have one as well. And if the SM/WW pairing was awful in just a single episode that didn't showed much, and this with writers not that related to comics, imagine what DC's subpar writers will be able to produce with a tie-in digital comic.
0 x

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:31 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST Superman even ask Wonder Woman about her deal with Steve Trevor when she confess that she hadn't been in a date for ages. So that's why she didn't felt such an unresistant need to kiss him.
it should be the contrary, she should be crazy to kiss someone since she hadn't been kissing lately
robpops wrote:QR_BBPOST
ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST

That's why I was asking if they even knew about it, if they don't, then just keep this -ish on the down low until it's cancelled. I don't want to do anything that might alert them to it. But if they do then yeah, we should kick up a fuss, before that fauxmance takes too big of a hold on the show
well they know, but it hand't aired on uS yet. only UK
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Justice League Action

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:25 am

DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST I do find humor in the fact that the episode is call "Repulse" and it is has SMWW romance in it. Like yes we get that SMWW is repulsive too. Also Steve and Lois are shallow but Diana won't kiss Clark with garlic breath. I see such mad passion there. Actually everything about the romance just seems to be a joke so maybe we should just find the humor in it like I think is what is intended.
Not sure if it was intentional, but if they wanted to make me laugh at SMWW they certainly suceeded . Clark and Diana in that episode were so painful to watch it was almost funny again - Her whining about not being able to kiss Clark, Lex using "repulse" powers to keep them apart...
Its a pretty good way to cope with all the shit that has been happening this year.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Justice League Action

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't really care about this. From my research this is what Teen Titans Go did to Teen Titans. A mockery of the original
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Ghost13
Justice League

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 am

I wouldn´t go as far as calling it a mockery of the original. They don´t really go for "goofy boys humor" (as the producers of Go called it) as the other show but they also don´t seem to have the pretension that Action could realistically compete with the DCAU.

Anyway, I left out a lot of episodes last time.

Luthor in Paradise

Summary:
Luthor and Circe invade Paradise Island. They initially overcome Wonder Woman and her mother but Superman and Batman come to their help despite not being welcome on the island as men. The fight is later taken to another dimension where Luthor gets his hands on an artifact that gives him the power of Zeus (as well as long white hair). All seems lost until Diana can convince his partner that he is just taking advantage of her, at which point Circe easily puts Luthor in his place and humiliates him. Hypollita then thanks Dianas "sidekicks" but still tells them that they need to get off the Themyscira.
Summary:
Not really one of the better episodes. They really go out of their way to make Luthor look goody and stupid while the basic idea of Diana showing Circe that she doesn´t need him is pretty good and could have worked great if utilized in a more mature way.
5.8/10

Rage of the Red Lanterns

Summary:
Lobo has stolen rings from the Red Lanterns and now seeks asylum in the new Watchtower. While the League is debating the issue they wonder why Lobo did it since no one who hasn´t been accepted by the Corps can use these rings. However, it soon becomes clear that Lobo is just using the rings to start a fight between both teams. In the ensuing chaos he steals a glove from the Leagues army that gives him the power to take on both teams. Reluctantly the League and the Red Lanterns team up to stop him.
Summary:
This episode did a good job of showing Lobos manipulative side and it even hinted at some of the atrocities he has comitted in the comics subtly. There is one scene where Batman is being a bit out of character and suggests that turning over Lobo to the Red Lanterns would still be justice. Maybe WW could have gotten that line seeing how she is portrayed in this show if they wanted them to have a real debate, but it didn´t seem like something that Bruce would consider. I actually liked the Red Lanterns in this episode. In the comics I find them boring and a bit of a childish concept. Dex-Star espacially gets a few good scenes. Maybe they just better fit into this kind of show than into the more mature Dc Universe.
7/10

Freezer Burn

Summary:
Batman and Firestorm team up again to stop Mr Freeze and Killer Frost to turn Gotham into a frozen wasteland they can rule over. They are initially defeated and Batman almost drowned, but the situation changes to the better once Freeze doublecrosses frost.
Summary:
I really hate Firestorm in this show. Whenever he shows up it seems to be guaranteed that the episode will suck. The evil plan the villains came up with also was a bit simplistic, even for a show like this.
3/10

Trick or Threat

Cain, the keeper of the House of Mystery explains what the creepy mansion he resides in does. We then see a bunch of kids disguised as Batman, Zattana, Constantine and Dr Fate fight off a bunch of bullies who steal childrens Haloween candy. A boy dressed in a black cat costume lures them into the House of Mystery, saying that this is where the bullies keep what they stole from the other children. Turns out though that they are just rats turned into humans. Klarion has transformed the Justice League into children and now tries to keep them trapped in the House of Mystery forever and for that purpose had invented the stories about the bullies. But the League still manages to regain their memories, become adults again and trap Klarion in the house with all its monsters.
This episode starts off great with a bit of narration by Cain who you may know from Sandman and the old House of Mystery horror comics. For a moment I thought I was watching Brave and the Bold again because of how well they utilize this character. Cain is voiced and animated perfectly, unfortunately the rest of the episode wasn´t written nearly as good. It seemed like a watered down version of Kids Stuff from the Dcau. Which is unfortunate, because seeing Constantine as a kid, still talking in his cockney accent, was kinda funny. Also the horrors of the house of mystery where kind of a let down, espacially after all that built up by the narrator.
7.3/10
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:21 pm

God the show is currently up to Episode 18, but I have absolutely no desire to watch it...Thanks Ghost for episode summaries and reviews, they're pretty much the only way I'm experiencing the show at the moment XD Damn you WB for ruining the first regular JL tv show we got since the DCAU's ended...
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:08 am

.........................................................*sigh*

Man even the guys writing the show are whiny XD

0 x