Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:17 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST Image

.........................................................*sigh*

Man even the guys writing the show are whiny XD

The creators right now:
1 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 am

Wait, let me see if i'm getting this right. The guy that wrote the SM/WW shipping episode is a Wonderbat fan? Is that it?
1 x

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST

Wait, let me see if i'm getting this right. The guy that wrote the SM/WW shipping episode is a Wonderbat fan? Is that it?
HHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

so it was mandated by someone, that is why is awful
0 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST

No wonder that it felt so forced. Maybe, maybeee they´ll fix the lack of WW/BM at some point. I am trying to remain optimistic.
1 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 am

“Originally we were supposed to be doing a new Batman series but me and Alan [Burnett] got together, and Paul Dini I think,” [Butch] Lukic said. “Eventually a week later it was suggested we do a Justice League show instead because there was a gap between a new series plus the movie that’s going to come out. So we got the go ahead to do a Justice League series but there’s one catch. It’s going to be 11-minute episodes.”
So originally it was going to be a Batman cartoon, like so many others before, but thanks to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League movies buzz they tried to go for a new Justice League cartoon. That's probably why Wonder Woman's design looks to be inspired by the DCEU movies.
DC had a lot of input in which characters would appear on Justice League Action. Fortunately, they were all the characters the producers already wanted. “They gave us a list at first,” Lukic said. “That was based originally on the [New] 52 comics. The list of characters in there were what they wanted and it was pretty much the ones everyone wants, plus some odd ones. We definitely got most of those in, plus a few that we thought of that would fit.”
So it is as a lot of people here pointed out. DC Comics was still going strong with The New 52 when this show was starting to being produced and so the publisher and company forced them to go with the characters they wanted to promote in comics and outside at the time, which included the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship.
James Kreig described a Halloween episode. “There’s a haunted house episode with kids set during Halloween and they’re dressed up as their favorite heroes,” Kreig said. “It’s probably my favorite so far. I think it was written by Paul Dini.”
Funny how the Batman episodes are the favorite ones.
Cartoon Network has not set a premiere date for Justice League Action yet, but Lukic expects it to premiere either the end of August or middle of September. They have produced 26 half hours, totaling a very significant 52 shorts.
Hopefully, there will be just ONE episode with the dreadful shipping. By the way, Butch Lukic (JUSTICE LEAGUE, BATMAN BEYOND), Alan Burnett (BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES) and Jim Krieg (GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES) are the producers, with Paul Dini (BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES) being one of the major writers and influence on the producing side as well. Dini has written 14 episodes of the show thus far.
1 x

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 am

Dini wrote "This Little Piggy" so... 8-)
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 am

Dick Grayson(Age 12) wrote:QR_BBPOST Dini wrote "This Little Piggy" so... 8-)
Yeah, but Paul Dini is also a Batman/Zatanna Zatara shipper and in the JLA show the two of them have been showing up together a lot.

I still feel that we should act this time around and nag the producers and writers of the show about how awful the idea of pairing SM/WW in this cartoon is.

Maybe with the constant headache, SM/WW bombing in comics and the DCEU going with BM/WW they might feel like discarding the SM/WW pairing for good in the second season.

Seriously, the SM/WW shippers are always loud and look where they got.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:27 am

Enough said.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 am

Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOST

Enough said.
We're shippers, after all. We're allowed to be obnoxious.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 pm

I think I was right in saying the episode sounded like a parody of the SMWW relationship. Basically pointing out how shallow the reasoning behind the paring is like the author is subtly trying to give the middle finger to have to write SMWW.

Go ahead and be as obnoxious as you what just be prepared for the flack you get in response. I am just too weary anymore to deal with how nasty people can be just because you can see the potential in our favorite pairing.
1 x
FU DC

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm

DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST I think I was right in saying the episode sounded like a parody of the SMWW relationship. Basically pointing out how shallow the reasoning behind the paring is like the author is subtly trying to give the middle finger to have to write SMWW.

Go ahead and be as obnoxious as you what just be prepared for the flack you get in response. I am just too weary anymore to deal with how nasty people can be just because you can see the potential in our favorite pairing.
The 'obnoxious' part was a joke, but i'll still make my share and tweet the producers about how awful their decision to show this pairing in the cartoon was, specially when the DCEU is going for BM/WW. Of course, i won't participate in whatever discussion my tweet my create afterwards. I'm not a glutton for punishment.
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Honestly if someone disagrees with you to the point where they have to conform to cyber bullying, thts a pretty good indication you won tht argument.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Image

Honestly if someone disagrees with you to the point where they have to conform to cyber bullying, thts a pretty good indication you won tht argument.
Just checked the tweets. So far there hasn't been much talk about the episode on Tweeter. Just HELLACARE praising the show and showing the producer and writer of the episode the gifs she made from it.

Oh, in the tweet where the writer said he was a Wonderbat shippes HELLACARE used her tactic of saying that Batman already had Catwoman and that her and her soldiers also shipped Batman with Zatanna, thanks to Paul Dini's influence, using that to implyi that Batman get all the ladies and saying that SM/WW needed a break.
This, of course, ignoring the fact that Superman has tons of love interests and that most of the super-heroines in the world want him. I remember in JLI you had this huge drama about all the girls in the team wanting him, which made Guy Gadner pissed off and angst because he liked Ice and Ice was crushing hard on Superman.

But oh, well... i already did my part by voicing my displeasure to the producer.

PS: Forgot to add that the writer of the episode explained he only wrote 4 episodes for the show and that it was long ago. Also, the producer is worried about them getting a second season. It seems CN is playing hardball with them.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 pm

I have a feeling the show will be canceled soon, people just don't seem to be into it that much plus the fact that it is already outdated and represent something DC is trying to move away from does not help it either. Young Justice is coming back shortly and with the comics going in a different direction not to mention the DCEU I am surprised they had the guts to air it in the first place.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

[quoteThe 'obnoxious' part was a joke, but i'll still make my share and tweet the producers about how awful their decision to show this pairing in the cartoon was, specially when the DCEU is going for BM/WW. Of course, i won't participate in whatever discussion my tweet my create afterwards. I'm not a glutton for punishment.[/quote]

I think I can imagine how that conversation would go...
That last part reminds me of that UN petition...
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOST No wonder that it felt so forced. Maybe, maybeee they´ll fix the lack of WW/BM at some point. I am trying to remain optimistic.
Oh god I hope not. SMWW is like a nuclear explosion. It doesn't just kill everything, but it also insures that nothing good can be grown in its wake. In a show where SMWW has already been a thing, especially handled the way they did in JLA, I'd rather not see any BMWW to be honest. Not that this version of WW is anything like the WW we love from the comics and the DCAU. I'd be content if they just gave SMWW an agonizing death, hopefully in a very publicized manner.
DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST I think I was right in saying the episode sounded like a parody of the SMWW relationship. Basically pointing out how shallow the reasoning behind the paring is like the author is subtly trying to give the middle finger to have to write SMWW.
I don't think that was the intent, as I doubt any writer is ballsy enough to do that, not to mention that the shallow reasons they used in the episode were lifted from the comics or from the mouths of the people who support the idea, so it seems to me that the writer just had to play along. I find that often whenever the writers heart is not set on whatever they're asked to write, that it clearly shows in their work, and that's why I believe the episode was terrible (aside from being a SMWW episode I mean. You can never blame a writer for SMWW being garbage). Now we can only wonder how anyone thought the script was good enough to be animated in the first place.
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Aye, I feel like Marvel should do a show like this not DC. The justice League characters are suited for matured teens and older comic book fans. Though they also have the appeal with little kids it's just if it can't be taken seriously, the show loses a large portion of their audience. Thts my opinion.

They should just make a BM/WW teamup animation. You have the most profitable comic book character and WW is starting to really pickup with mainstream audience. So DC let's make it happen man. Just have Susan and Kevin, and you literally can't fail.
1 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Justice League Action

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:31 am

Am I the one who really is just like meh with this cartoon? Looks like a just half ass effort from CN
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Ghost13
Justice League

Justice League Action

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:35 am

Oh god I hope not. SMWW is like a nuclear explosion. It doesn't just kill everything, but it also insures that nothing good can be grown in its wake. In a show where SMWW has already been a thing, especially handled the way they did in JLA, I'd rather not see any BMWW to be honest. Not that this version of WW is anything like the WW we love from the comics and the DCAU. I'd be content if they just gave SMWW an agonizing death, hopefully in a very publicized manner.
Somehow I doubt they will introduce SM/WW just to give it an agonizing death. Its more likely they exchange it for a little BM/WW now that they are no longer held back by the New 52. I don´t think SM/WW contamines a comic Universe forever. Otherwise what are we doing still reading Rebirth? There SM/WW is still canon after all...
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 am

Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOST Somehow I doubt they will introduce SM/WW just to give it an agonizing death. Its more likely they exchange it for a little BM/WW now that they are no longer held back by the New 52. I don´t think SM/WW contamines a comic Universe forever. Otherwise what are we doing still reading Rebirth? There SM/WW is still canon after all...
Yeah but even in the comics we still need a lot of time to heal. Admittedly having some BMWW can definitely help alleviate the worst of it, but still it's gonna be a slow process. However in a self contained Universe like a TV show or a Movieverse, I don't believe hopping between high profile ships does anyone any favours. Judging by the "JEEZ IT WAS JUST DINNER" comment from one of the writers, I'm hoping that the show will drop that plot point quickly, and personally that would be enough (not that I'm watching the show at this point, but SMWW existence offends me on principle). They can save BMWW for a better show in the future (Young Justice S3 maybe........please.....no ?...... :c)
1 x