Justice League Action

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 am

Dick Grayson(Age 12) wrote:QR_BBPOST
Agent DC wrote:QR_BBPOST YJ season 3
Then they start to force it there too. Heck, I'm starting to believe DC has some cult that worships this abominable ship. Like, seriously, why force something that didn't sell despite numerous attempts at it?

Fuck it. I'm done with this bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if WW and Supes start making out for no fucking reason in the movies.
They can't. Not in the movies at least.
The Superman and Lois Lane romance is to important for the movies narrative and Batman and Wonder Woman has been paired in BvS.
Ben Affleck who's one of the biggest driving force of in the production of the movies also likes the Wonderbat pairing.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:12 am

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST
I Bet they force it in YJ too
Yep. Almost 100% sure. They already made her hate Batman for some reason. So it's probably going to happen.
Greg Weisman wouldn't do that, would he?
I know that he likes to pull obscure things from the comics and do his own take on them, but he wouldn't pull SM/WW just because it is a pairing that DC played with in the 60's, late 80's and late 90's, specially when it never went forward before and it isn't generally liked. He'd be stupid to attempt.

It would only make Superman and Wonder Woman look even more ugly in the cartoon.

Wait, isn't the artist who did the art for the YJ tie-in comic a Wonderbat shipper?
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:19 am

Under a Red Sun

Summary:
Spoiler: Show
Superman, Barda and Bruce are fighting some Parademons. Clark shows off a little, but Barda interrupts the banter and they start to think about who could have send these troops to the as of yet unspecified location there at. They are quickly ambushed by Steppenwolf who manages to thrust Clark into a Boomtube sending them to a planet with a red sun. In Clarks weakened state the villain has an actual chance of defeating him. Meanwhile Barda and Batman infiltrate Apokalips. While Clark is being chased by Steppenwolf and Parademons they reach the villains war room. There they encounter Virman Vunderbarr, another member of Darkseids Elite. After overcoming his force field they interrogate Supermans location out of him. Yet before they arrive Superman manages to take out Steppenwolf on his own, despite having broken his leg during the chase.
Verdict:
This was one of the best episodes, yet. No childish humor, a villain who is actually threatening, decent fight scenes... I think I even prefer it over the first episode.
8.3/10

Shazam Slam

Summary:
A homeless person is being chased by monster. Batman intervenes, or at least tries to. The homeless guy is actually a pretty annoyed Wizard who takes the powerful creatures out for Batman. Batman follows the Wizard to the subway where he attempts to find a way back to the Rock of Eternity. Reluctantly the Wizard tells Batman how Black Adam banished him from the place and stole Shazams powers. Just as the monsters close in on them the Wizard and Bruce enter the dimension of the Rock. Bruce has to use his grappling hook to get them across the void since at this point the older hero has lost all his magical power. Their attempt to sneak across the Throne room and get the orb containing the magical power Adam stole fails however and the villain unleashes some of the creatures imprioned within the rock. However, after the Wizard encouraged him the captured Billy manages to still trigger his transformation into a superhero by shouting Shazam (why Adam hasn´t gagged him like they would have in any other version. Alltough maybe Adam was to overconfident too this time). Shazam easily defeats Black Adam and then goes after the Monsters of Eternity. Shazam finally admits that he needed Batmans help.
Verdict:
The ending was a bit abrupt and the way they defeat Adam feels forced but this was still a pretty good episode in my opinion. Could have been great if they had fixed those mistakes and done a little more with the creatures. After all one of them showed up all the way back in episode 1. A more general complained would be that the humor of the show really could be better.It never quite manages to be quite as funny as Brave and the Bold alltough it really tries hard to include gags whenever it has the chance.
7/10

Night of the Bat/ Shazam Slam part 2

Summary:
Batman chases another Djin who escaped from the Rock of Eternity. Against his protests Superman sends him Green Arrow as support. As Batman fights the creature, which calls itself Uthur, it turns into dust and escapes. The ejection seat of the Batmobile helps him get rid of the annoying Green Arrow. Batman gets back to the Hall of Justice. WW informs him that Olympus has confirmed that the Djin aim to revert the earth to its primordial state so they can rule it. Batman starts to behave strangely and it becomes obvious for the viewer that the Djin has possessed him and not merely dissapeared. The possessed Batman wants to mess with the energy core of the Hall but is interrupted by Booster Gold who wants a have a training fight. Bruce beats Booster but Diana has figured out that he is possessed and attacks him. The Djin manages to tie her up with her own lasso. He encounters Cyborg who is working on the power core and electrocutes the hell out of him. Luckily Green Arrow and Superman are there to stop him from causing an explosion. While Green Arrow drags Cyborg away the Djin powers itself up and battles Superman. Booster tries to understand whats going on but doesn´t until Diana explains to him that Batman needed more than one punch to knock him out this time. Since the Hall is wrecked anyway Diana uses the power core to weaken the Djin while Superman delivers the final blow.

Verdict:
This was a genuinely good, funny and action packed episode. Reminded me of the episode of JL were Lex accidently ends up in Flashs body. The Great Brain Robbery I think its called. Its good to see them continue the Djin story so soon, too.
8.5/10

Shazam Slam part 3

Summary:
The Trinity is chasing three more Djin to an island. Using some kind of spell their leader is able to take WW and Supes powers, but before they can kill the heroes Constantine opens a portal and bring them to his secret base. Unfortunately his accent has become so incomprehensible only Batman can still understand him. Plastic Man, Green Arrow and Swamp Thing are also there to assist the heroes. Since the spell which took Superman and Dianas powers was activated by saying their names everyone except Batman thinks its a good idea to swap costumes. Bruce leaves to get further back up while the team attacks the Djin who are trying to get some kind of volcano to explode on the island. They beat them but Black Adam emerges from the lava. Luckily Batman has brought Billy Batson, they fight, Black Adam claims his powers have grown since his last imprisonment. He transforms the captured Djin and the team has to work together to stop them. Constantine uses his magic to imprison them. Billy gets to be part of the League and the team builts its new headquarters on the volcano.
Verdict:
While the plot of the episode was a bit lackluster the show really seems to get better now. Constantine was hilarious this time around. That "accent exaggeration spell" was something that could have come out of Brave and the Bold. All and all a pretty good finally to the first story arc.
9/10

Play Date

Summary:
Toyman takes over the new Watchtower and uses it to play a fighting game against Cyborg with the heroes as the characters. Bruce and co attempt to distract him long enough to become free of the drones the villain uses to control their bodies and take him down.
Verdict:
This was a pretty awesome episode. It starts of corny but once Cyborg starts playing against Toyman they really show what the writers of Action are capable of. There is a refrence to Superman 2 I espacially liked and they also mention Robin, which makes me hope he will appear sooner or later.
9.9/10

Huh... so just when the show is getting good they introduce SM/WW? xD
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:35 am

Not gonna lie to you guys, this legitimately broke my heart. I thought we were past SMWW at this point, so to see it happen this way is really just.....ugh. The thing is, I wasn't even expecting anything from this show when it comes to character relationships. Teases maybe at best. So the fact that they dedicated an entire episode to SMWW came as a huge kick to the face. I honestly don't know what to say. I've said before that I hate SMWW far more than I like BMWW, and if given the choice to completely erase SMWW from history at the cost of BMWW never happening, I would gladly take it. It's just as Dick Grayson(Age 12) said, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if SMWW showed up randomly in Young Justice or even the DCEU, completely ignoring any common sense or previous developments.

This is exactly what I was warning you guys about a while ago. The New 52 completely normalized SMWW, at least in DC's eyes, and that's why they feel comfortable throwing it anywhere without any explanation, as if it's simply the natural thing to do. I honestly lost all hope in seeing BMWW ever happening, and more importantly, to see SMWW purged from existence. Now that DC is not doing it in the comics, they opted to keep it alive in their Animated stuff. This is........this is really disheartening to say the least.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 am

This comes off like a bit of a joke. I watch and really enjoy Play Date and then read about this...
1 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:32 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST Not gonna lie to you guys, this legitimately broke my heart. I thought we were past SMWW at this point, so to see it happen this way is really just.....ugh. The thing is, I wasn't even expecting anything from this show when it comes to character relationships. Teases maybe at best. So the fact that they dedicated an entire episode to SMWW came as a huge kick to the face. I honestly don't know what to say. I've said before that I hate SMWW far more than I like BMWW, and if given the choice to completely erase SMWW from history at the cost of BMWW never happening, I would gladly take it. It's just as Dick Grayson(Age 12) said, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if SMWW showed up randomly in Young Justice or even the DCEU, completely ignoring any common sense or previous developments.

This is exactly what I was warning you guys about a while ago. The New 52 completely normalized SMWW, at least in DC's eyes, and that's why they feel comfortable throwing it anywhere without any explanation, as if it's simply the natural thing to do. I honestly lost all hope in seeing BMWW ever happening, and more importantly, to see SMWW purged from existence. Now that DC is not doing it in the comics, they opted to keep it alive in their Animated stuff. This is........this is really disheartening to say the least.
Not going to lie, ARB. The New 52 comics seemed to have set the new standard of how to portray Wonder Woman.

You can see in that this new portrayal of Wonder Woman as a haughty warrior who understand very little about things, values power (or super-powers) and finds pleasure in dolling out violence has been consistent in several continuities from The New 52 comics, to The New 52 animated movies and now in the Justice League Action cartoon. Not to mention, of course, her affection and romance with Superman.

So this seems to be how she's expected to be portrayed across the board moving forward.
1 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Dick Grayson(Age 12) wrote:
Yep. Almost 100% sure. They already made her hate Batman for some reason. So it's probably going to happen.
I honestly would' be shocked if they didn't do it. They got part 1 out of the equation, for some odd reason writers love to have WW despise Bruce for no damn reason. It's like she has to hate him or better yet she completely ignores his existence.

Remember tht episode where she completely attacked Bruce because of the way he was handling Richard as a Robin? They legit made me hate Diana, the way she commented was like she had zero respect for Bruce.

im so fucking mad right now, like I thought DC had pissed me off before but this got to me
1 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Well that is another show off my watch list. Also if they do that in Young Justice I'm out as well. Darn you DC Comics!!!
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:46 pm

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST Not going to lie, ARB. The New 52 comics seemed to have set the new standard of how to portray Wonder Woman.

You can see in that this new portrayal of Wonder Woman as a haughty warrior who understand very little about things, values power (or super-powers) and finds pleasure in dolling out violence has been consistent in several continuities from The New 52 comics, to The New 52 animated movies and now in the Justice League Action cartoon. Not to mention, of course, her affection and romance with Superman.

So this seems to be how she's expected to be portrayed across the board moving forward.
Yeah but Rebirth was supposed to be changing that. The DCEU too is going with a much different direction than what the New 52 did, so Diana's portrayal in this show and the existence of SMWW is just jarring to see. If this was still 2013 or 2014, I would've understood their decision, but doing this after all the changes that WW's gone through this year is beyond reason. That's why this stung me so much. It came at a time when I thought that we've already put the worst behind us, only for DC to completely dash all that and act as if nothing has changed. At this point, it really seems that there are people at power who're strongly championing the idea of SMWW and the horrible New 52 Diana, otherwise I don't see how something like this could happen when Rebirth is actively trying to erase SMWW from existence.
Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST I honestly would' be shocked if they didn't do it. They got part 1 out of the equation, for some odd reason writers love to have WW despise Bruce for no damn reason. It's like she has to hate him or better yet she completely ignores his existence.

Remember tht episode where she completely attacked Bruce because of the way he was handling Richard as a Robin? They legit made me hate Diana, the way she commented was like she had zero respect for Bruce.
To be fair, WW barely interacted with anyone in the show, so her little argument with Bruce (who handled her pretty well. Actually Bruce in YJ is easily one of my favorite portrayals of him in any DC Animated show/movie) doesn't really tell us much about their relationship. It does seem like they were going with the "Everyone hates or barely tolerate Batman, except for Superman" approach, but we didn't see enough to be able to tell. It would be really sad if we see more of the JL in Season 3, and get no interactions between Bruce and Diana, or worst we get SMWW. I don't think I'd survive that, considering that out of all of WB's post DCAU shows, YJ is the one that carried the spirit of the DCAU the most, and even had a lot of references to it.
1 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:22 pm

This newest episode also left me devastated. It's the first Justice League cartoon to air on Cartoon Network after the end of the DCAU. Bunch of kids and teens will grow up on it thinking that's how Wonder Woman behaves and... and also... believing that Superman and Wonder Woman are an item. Do you guys watched the justification the show gave for why Superman and Wonder Woman were alone and attempting their date? Kids and teen will grow up believing that Steve Trevor and Lois Lois are bad would-be boyfriend and girlfriend for being shallow and unappreciative of Superman and Wonder Woman outside of their costumes.

This is a big thing now. SM/WW is on a long-running cartoon series on Cartoon Network. Wonder Woman has also been reduced in it to the fawning Xena personality from the comics.

I just can't stop thinking about it and getting sick over it.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:29 pm

The thing is that the animated scripts are usually written up to 2 years prior to when the finished animation comes out. This is probably a hangover from the Nu52 like when we still had some BMWW in animation even though the Nu52 had SMWW. It will probably be dropped eventually but it will suck for a while at first.
2 x
FU DC

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 pm

DaisyJane wrote:The thing is that the animated scripts are usually written up to 2 years prior to when the finished animation comes out. This is probably a hangover from the Nu52 like when we still had some BMWW in animation even though the Nu52 had SMWW. It will probably be dropped eventually but it will suck for a while at first.
Even If they try to course correct in later episodes, Daisy Jane, either by introducing Lois Lane and Steve Trevor in the cartoon to push for the original pairings or in Wonder Woman's case by pushing for Wonderbat to tie with the DCEU movies, you still will have this whole period of the cartoon where Superman/Wonder Woman was a thing and because of that there'll be tension between the characters whatever choice they decide to go with.

So either way things are messed up.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Found some BMWW pics from JL Action. I want to see this episode before passing any judgement. I am just going to skip the SMWW episode when it comes out in the US.
1 x
FU DC

DaisyJane
Justice League

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:58 pm

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST
DaisyJane wrote:The thing is that the animated scripts are usually written up to 2 years prior to when the finished animation comes out. This is probably a hangover from the Nu52 like when we still had some BMWW in animation even though the Nu52 had SMWW. It will probably be dropped eventually but it will suck for a while at first.
Even If they try to course correct in later episodes, Daisy Jane, either by introducing Lois Lane and Steve Trevor in the cartoon to push for the original pairings or in Wonder Woman's case by pushing for Wonderbat to tie with the DCEU movies, you still will have this whole period of the cartoon where Superman/Wonder Woman was a thing and because of that there'll be tension between the characters whatever choice they decide to go with.

I don't disagree but I just wanted to point out that these episode where probably written while SMWW was still a thing in the comics and it is not reflective of the new direction the comics are going. And as a WW fan I have seen the character survive so much bad shit over the years that I refuse to believe that she can't move past this SMWW shit.
3 x
FU DC

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:10 pm

DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST I don't disagree but I just wanted to point out that these episode where probably written while SMWW was still a thing in the comics and it is not reflective of the new direction the comics are going. And as a WW fan I have seen the character survive so much bad shit over the years that I refuse to believe that she can't move past this SMWW shit.
The thing though, is that in the post DCAU movies, BMWW was barely there. You could just tell that Diana and Bruce were close but nothing more. Even in the DCAU itself, BMWW merely consisted of flirting and the two dancing around the issue. In this however, a whole episode was explicitly dedicated to SMWW, something BMWW in its heydays never managed to get, so the situation is quite different. I just want to get past the New 52 and the nightmare that's SMWW, so seeing it all happening again is not what I wanted to say the least. I agree with ISAK that this just continues DC's attempts to jam SMWW down everybody's throat until we have no option but to accept it and live with it.

Even IF they plan on course correcting later on, the damage has already been done. Personally, I hate seeing characters swinging between relationships, especially when it comes to Diana, so no amount of BMWW teasing would fix what's already been done. Also, I highly doubt BMWW is even on DC's mind, considering that BMCW is all they care about anyway, so that's another nail in the BMWW coffin for now. The DCEU is pretty much the last chance at this point, and even that is looking pretty shaky...
Last edited by ARB on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 pm

DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST

Found some BMWW pics from JL Action. I want to see this episode before passing any judgement. I am just going to skip the SMWW episode when it comes out in the US.
I'm not....getting my hopes up... Aahh no!
1 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:05 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST I hate seeing characters swinging between relationships
With characters like Babs or Dick I can actually accept them with that scenario since they're teenagers and all (or are they young adults?), but with Diana, idk, it just doesn't feel right for some reason.
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

Ddlo18
Titan

Justice League Action

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:05 pm

DaisyJane wrote:

When this one comes out DJ, let us know how you feel please.

And Ghost keep the reviews up, I usually read them before seeing an episode.
1 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Greg Weisman wouldn't do that, would he?
I know that he likes to pull obscure things from the comics and do his own take on them, but he wouldn't pull SM/WW just because it is a pairing that DC played with in the 60's, late 80's and late 90's, specially when it never went forward before and it isn't generally liked. He'd be stupid to attempt.

It would only make Superman and Wonder Woman look even more ugly in the cartoon.

Wait, isn't the artist who did the art for the YJ tie-in comic a Wonderbat shipper?
Weisman already said that he ships Wonder Woman with Steve Trevor, at least on YJ we are SMWW free

and I guess JL Action maybe, the problem is that it was made 2 years ago. Maybe it will catch up
1 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:22 pm

DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST

I don't disagree but I just wanted to point out that these episode where probably written while SMWW was still a thing in the comics and it is not reflective of the new direction the comics are going. And as a WW fan I have seen the character survive so much bad shit over the years that I refuse to believe that she can't move past this SMWW shit.
She is already over, only the animation (since it has to be done months before) still has to catch up, but it will be quickly
ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
Welcome to the site bud,

Sadly I had a feeling this would happen. We got the "Dirty Diana" back and in this show it really has no place for Lois Lane to exist imo. Though I could easily see a love triangle forming in this mumble jumbo.

I honestly get really discouraged every time they keep forcing this even though I'm expecting it sigh. That's why I got Lots to look forward to

Hopefully they stop brainwashing little kids with this crap lol
Welcome to the forums ISAK...

OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!!! They're seriously doing SMWW again ? I wasn't holding my breath for BMWW or anything, but the fact that SMWW is still a thing after all that happened is insane. This is not even about BMWW. To think that DC is still somehow pushing SMWW is just......NO. I honestly can't live with the idea that whenever Lois is not around, they'll default to SMWW. Why does that godforsaken ship refuses to die ?

That's it guys I believe I'm done with DC. I can't watch them make the same shitty mistakes again and again. I think I'll go back to Marvel. They at least have the decency not to revist the same crappy ideas like a stubborn mule...
Have you seen the newest episode? They pulled every argument you might expect from a crazy SM/WW shipper.
The episode started with Superman and Wonder Woman meeting in a face Italian restaurant in their civilian disguises as Clark Kent and Diana Prince. Then after Diana had walked in making a waiter drop the dishes he was carrying and sat down they she confessed she hadn't been in a date in ages, which prompted Clark to ask about her thing Steve Trevor. She then confessed that she thought their thing was going nowhere because Steve only had eyes for Wonder Woman, prompting Clark to vent about how Lois as well only had eyes for Superman. That was it. Right after this little exchange and some small-talk about the food they try to kiss, but the JL call stops right before they were about to lock lips.
During their mission against Lex Luthor you had Wonder Woman thanking Superman for saving her from a trap prompting him to point out that Wonder Woman doesn't need any save, as another dig to Lois. Later you had her complimenting him about being a gentleman and going berserk on Luthor, after his scheme against Superman had worked, because, of course, she was emotional and angry that Superman's life was in danger.
She even managed to save him and Luthor at the end, not that Superman needed, of course, because he had figured the answer for to solve the problem by himself. Actually, in her attempt to help she almost got him killed, because she dragged Luthor with her on the trip and Luthor managed to escaped taking advantage of the situation to try and kill Superman. So Superman who had everything in control almost got killed by Luthor and then almost died trying to save Luthor, which made Wonder Woman's help finally necessary.
But they really didn't pulled any punches in throwing Steve Trevor and Lois Lane under the bus to give credence to the SM/WW ship. Showing that Steve and Lois are superficial fools that only care for their costumes, while Superman and Wonder Woman appreciate each other in and outside the costumes, and with Wonder Woman, Superman doesn't need to worry about rescuing girlfriend from danger because she can take care for herself, and that Wonder Woman can also help Superman as well... kinda, sorta.

I can pass the link for the download, if you guys want it. Is that sorta thing okay here?
shit, they really threw both Steve and diana under the bus. The cartoon basically did the silver age versions of the characters and then forgot to say that silver age clark kent and diana prince were only impersonations and not real persons.
I hope this cartoon tanks or just change. Someone know how well in audience this is doing?

I hate when superman saves wonder woman and she thanks him, where is her feminism? and also the dig at lois needing to be saved is nothing feminist.
0 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread