Justice League Action

Lotslover
Teen Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:52 pm

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST Oh, man. Lotslover. I've some bad news for you...
WHAT?!?!? Do tell!!

UGH!!!! Never mind. Just read everyone's comments. I think I'm going to be sick. I hate SMWW so much. If I could, I'd completely erase the ship from existence. :sick:
1 x
Image Image

no avatar
thedarkknight1995
Sidekick Trainee

Justice League Action

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:08 pm

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
0 x

maelstron
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST
WHAT?!?!? Do tell!!

UGH!!!! Never mind. Just read everyone's comments. I think I'm going to be sick. I hate SMWW so much. If I could, I'd completely erase the ship from existence. :sick:
If only I was superboy prime or Dr manhattan :(
1 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:27 pm

maelstron wrote:
DaisyJane wrote:QR_BBPOST
ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST

Even If they try to course correct in later episodes, Daisy Jane, either by introducing Lois Lane and Steve Trevor in the cartoon to push for the original pairings or in Wonder Woman's case by pushing for Wonderbat to tie with the DCEU movies, you still will have this whole period of the cartoon where Superman/Wonder Woman was a thing and because of that there'll be tension between the characters whatever choice they decide to go with.

So either way things are messed up.
I don't disagree but I just wanted to point out that these episode where probably written while SMWW was still a thing in the comics and it is not reflective of the new direction the comics are going. And as a WW fan I have seen the character survive so much bad shit over the years that I refuse to believe that she can't move past this SMWW shit.
She is already over, only the animation (since it has to be done months before) still has to catch up, but it will be quickly
ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST
ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
Welcome to the forums ISAK...

OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!!! They're seriously doing SMWW again ? I wasn't holding my breath for BMWW or anything, but the fact that SMWW is still a thing after all that happened is insane. This is not even about BMWW. To think that DC is still somehow pushing SMWW is just......NO. I honestly can't live with the idea that whenever Lois is not around, they'll default to SMWW. Why does that godforsaken ship refuses to die ?

That's it guys I believe I'm done with DC. I can't watch them make the same shitty mistakes again and again. I think I'll go back to Marvel. They at least have the decency not to revist the same crappy ideas like a stubborn mule...
Have you seen the newest episode? They pulled every argument you might expect from a crazy SM/WW shipper.
Spoiler: Show
The episode started with Superman and Wonder Woman meeting in a face Italian restaurant in their civilian disguises as Clark Kent and Diana Prince. Then after Diana had walked in making a waiter drop the dishes he was carrying and sat down they she confessed she hadn't been in a date in ages, which prompted Clark to ask about her thing Steve Trevor. She then confessed that she thought their thing was going nowhere because Steve only had eyes for Wonder Woman, prompting Clark to vent about how Lois as well only had eyes for Superman. That was it. Right after this little exchange and some small-talk about the food they try to kiss, but the JL call stops right before they were about to lock lips.
Spoiler: Show
During their mission against Lex Luthor you had Wonder Woman thanking Superman for saving her from a trap prompting him to point out that Wonder Woman doesn't need any save, as another dig to Lois. Later you had her complimenting him about being a gentleman and going berserk on Luthor, after his scheme against Superman had worked, because, of course, she was emotional and angry that Superman's life was in danger.
She even managed to save him and Luthor at the end, not that Superman needed, of course, because he had figured the answer for to solve the problem by himself. Actually, in her attempt to help she almost got him killed, because she dragged Luthor with her on the trip and Luthor managed to escaped taking advantage of the situation to try and kill Superman. So Superman who had everything in control almost got killed by Luthor and then almost died trying to save Luthor, which made Wonder Woman's help finally necessary.
But they really didn't pulled any punches in throwing Steve Trevor and Lois Lane under the bus to give credence to the SM/WW ship. Showing that Steve and Lois are superficial fools that only care for their costumes, while Superman and Wonder Woman appreciate each other in and outside the costumes, and with Wonder Woman, Superman doesn't need to worry about rescuing girlfriend from danger because she can take care for herself, and that Wonder Woman can also help Superman as well... kinda, sorta.

I can pass the link for the download, if you guys want it. Is that sorta thing okay here?
shit, they really threw both Steve and diana under the bus. The cartoon basically did the silver age versions of the characters and then forgot to say that silver age clark kent and diana prince were only impersonations and not real persons.
I hope this cartoon tanks or just change. Someone know how well in audience this is doing?

I hate when superman saves wonder woman and she thanks him, where is her feminism? and also the dig at lois needing to be saved is nothing feminist.

Well, in this cartoon Wonder Woman is characterized as haughty, aggressive and murder-happy, and in the episode after their date was interrupted she fawned over Superman calling him a gentleman among other things over his actions and charm, making Hawkman, who was with them, cringe at the over-affectionate display.

So you're having the same Wonder Woman we've had since the start of "The New 52".
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:30 am

And Ghost keep the reviews up, I usually read them before seeing an episode.
Thanks :D I was wondering if they were becoming kinda redundant.

Unfortunately I was unable to watch episode 12 yet. Sounds pretty dumb from what the others are saying, though...
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:43 am

WHAT?!?!? Do tell!!

Glad to see you back Lotsy, although I wish it was under better circumstances. When I saw the news, I immediately thought of you. I feared your maiden's heart wouldn't be able to withstand the terrible news T___T I know my heart was smashed into tiny pieces after hearing the news, and I'm supposed to be the cynical one (and I've got a healing factor :P)
maelstron wrote:QR_BBPOST Weisman already said that he ships Wonder Woman with Steve Trevor, at least on YJ we are SMWW free
Eh, more than a fair trade I suppose. I'll take no SMWW on YJ, even if it means no BMWW too (although I still think it would be the perfect place to do it :/)
Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOSTThanks :D I was wondering if they were becoming kinda redundant.

Unfortunately I was unable to watch episode 12 yet. Sounds pretty dumb from what the others are saying, though...
Oh no please continue with your reviews Ghost, if you feel still inclined to do them. I might not comment on your reviews, but I read all of your impressions, and find them immensely helpful. So please keep up the good work...
1 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:06 am

There are some good and bad observations i can make regarding the SM/WW shipping in this new cartoon. I'll begin with the bad, since it's better that way:

BAD:
The cartoon is taking a lot of cues from The New 52 era of comics.
The cartoon is firmly shipping Superman and Wonder Woman.
In the opening sequence Superman and Wonder Woman appear first one after the other, then all other heroes and lastly Batman. Usually it would be Superman (or Batman first), Batman (or Superman second), Wonder Wonder and then all the other heroes, since the trinity is always shown standing together in these type of things, but this cartoon is cleally aiming to create a visual distinction by showing Superman and Wonder Woman as an item far removed from Batman.
Whenever there's an episode that includes Superman and Wonder Woman as primary characters Wonder Woman always show up uninvited to assist Superman in his mission, and that whenever there are group shots Superman and Wonder Woman are always standing close to each other. Usually Batman is shown far away from the two by himself or with the rest of the group.
Apparently the first season is going to have some 50 episodes or something and they might have all been produced in these lasts years where the SM/WW pairing was a thing. So moving forward there's a good chance that there might be more episodes focusing entirely on the pairing or even some teasing with the pairing here and there in several episodes to remind the views they're an established couple.
The cartoon seem to focus more on Superman than Batman and consequently enjoy playing more with Superman than Batman. Batman mostly show up briefly to debrief the characters on the missions or or introduce new characters in a more supporting role.
The DCAU and the DCEU movies, with its BM/WW pairing, were a fluke and DC will attempt to shove the SM/WW pairing everywhere from now on.

GOOD:
While the infamous episode with the SM/WW pairing had Superman and Wonder Woman going out on a date, Wonder Woman fawning over Superman, and Superman and Wonder Woman trying to kiss each other thrice, Superman and Wonder Woman never managed to actually lock their lips together in the episode since they were always interrupted by something, and it was their first date. So this might a one thing kinda of thing.
The cartoon might be just teasing the SM/WW pairing for a bit before introducing their respective original love interests and place them with their original love interests - Lois Lane and Steve Trevor. The cartoon is all about showcasing the DCU characters after all, including the more obscure ones. So they might do something with Lois Lane and Steve Trevor eventually.
The second season might end the pairing for good because of how badly the pairing fared in the comics.
There might not be a second season.
The second season might tease or outright have the BM/WW pairing thanks to movies influence (very flimsy in case the people behind the cartoon actually hate Batman's character).

So... not so many good observations, but we gotta remain hopeful, right?
1 x

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST The DCAU and the DCEU movies, with its BM/WW pairing, were a fluke
The second season might tease or outright have the BM/WW pairing thanks to movies influence
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but BMWW in the DCEU is far from being a done deal. People are getting excited for it, and hopefully WB picks up on the noise the fans are making, but as it stands now, there's nothing concrete to point to BMWW being a thing in the DCEU. It's a 10% chance at best as things stands now, and with the announcement of the Gotham City Sirens movie, I think the chances might've dropped a little.

If BMWW ends up in the DCEU, pretty much nothing else would matter, but that's a very long shot. Also, even IF we got a second season of JL Action, I wouldn't want to see BMWW happening, not after SMWW already been a thing, and not with a Diana who's characterized the way JL Action's Diana is. So things are looking pretty grim right now, at least from where I'm standing....
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:16 am

Saw the first episode, and I just thought it was okay.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Ddlo18
Titan

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 pm

ARB wrote:So things are looking pretty grim right now, at least from where I'm standing....
Take a step back, then one to the right, then take a step forward.

WonderBat in DCEU is about at an 99% chance of happening imo. Gotham City Cirens doesn't change anything because I doubt tht film will have much revelance to the DCEU, especially if they cast a young CW. And CW is not going to be in Batfleck movie so yes to tht. And from everything we've seen, BM and WW have been constantly standing next to each other in JL.

Now in comics and animations, mmmmm that's about a 0.01% chance of happening at this point.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Honestly don't really care and you shouldn't either. DC has a million properties out right now without different canon. This cartoon was done two years ago, before the New 52 ended and was taking cues from it. Comics are doing their own thing and DCEU is doing its own thing. Really a mediocre cartoon show doesn't seem that big of deal considering the legacy and popularity of the DCAU
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Take a step back, then one to the right, then take a step forward.

WonderBat in DCEU is about at an 99% chance of happening imo. Gotham City Cirens doesn't change anything because I doubt tht film will have much revelance to the DCEU, especially if they cast a young CW. And CW is not going to be in Batfleck movie so yes to tht. And from everything we've seen, BM and WW have been constantly standing next to each other in JL.

Now in comics and animations, mmmmm that's about a 0.01% chance of happening at this point.
Believe me I hate being perpetually pessimistic, but the way I see it, there's really not much evidence to inspire any kind of optimism in seeing BMWW happening in the DCEU. First of all, this is DC/WB we're talking about, and if there's anything they know how to do, it's to play it safe and stick to what's most predictable. So seeing something like BMWW, even though it's popular and has a vocal fanbase, done in their first ever Cinematic Universe would've been a very bold move, and very uncharacteristic of DC/WB. Whenever DC tries and shake up the formula (like with SMWW), they generally go all in and try their damnedest to forcibly make it work, and they usually cut off any escape routs while they're at it, just to show how much they're willing to stick to their guns.

I mean it took DC 5 years to admit that SMWW was a gigantic mistake, and even now long after it's been over, we still see SMWW popping out at different places due to DC's strategy of marketing the concept that stretched several years in advance. So if they're gonna jump to BMWW all of a sudden, I expect them to make a huge deal about it, as that would definitely mean BMWW will become the next big thing in all DC media. However, so far beside placing Diana and Bruce next to each other in JL photos, which could be attributed to the fact that they'r the big stars of the movie with Superman's absence, there's nothing else to conclusively suggest that BMWW is even anywhere in their minds. We can tell that the relationship between Diana and Bruce will play a big part in the upcoming Justice League movie, but that's about it. With Superman's revival, we don't really know how the relationship between the Trinity will play out in future movies.

Don't forget that similar to Justice League Action, the plans for the DCEU were most definitely made during the time SMWW was in full swing, so if we ended up getting BMWW in the DCEU it would be nothing short of a miracle. I believe that Zack Snyder is probably the one who wanted to include BMWW in the DCEU back when he had absolute control over the movies. Now however, after Zack's role seemed to have diminished, and with DC exerting more control over the DCEU and WB going into panic mode, things might've changed a great deal. The new Gotham City Sirens movie and the introduction of Catwoman could be among these changes. I can tell that BMWW was definitely something they've considered or wanted to do at some point, but the question remains if WB is still willing to go through with it after all the changes and shake ups that happened to the DCEU, especially considering they've yet to commit to anything.

That's just how I see things as they are now. I would love to be proven wrong, but until I get to watch Justice League next year, I won't hold my breath for anything. I think that if they're seriously considering BMWW, we should gets something in the Justice League movie, and even then I'm not expecting much.
0 x

Lotslover
Teen Titan

Justice League Action

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 pm

WHAT?!?!? Do tell!!

Glad to see you back Lotsy, although I wish it was under better circumstances. When I saw the news, I immediately thought of you. I feared your maiden's heart wouldn't be able to withstand the terrible news T___T I know my heart was smashed into tiny pieces after hearing the news, and I'm supposed to be the cynical one (and I've got a healing factor :P)
Glad to be back! I've missed you guys a lot. I have to say that I agree with you ARB. My little shipper heart is broken into a million pieces. I really thought we were finally past all this SMWW crap. I was talking to Dinasis about it too....ok, actually I was venting my rage at him and he kind of calmed me down by saying the same thing someone else said here. This was in production while New52 was going on.

I guess our only hope is that they'll come to their senses. While it's not the most awesome show in the world, it definitely helped fill the void that JL/JLU left behind. I was seriously hoping that this show was going to pick up on the DCEU love for BMWW and do with it what JL/JLU was too scared to do. Even if they do end up going down the yellow brick BMWW road, I agree with you. It's already been tainted by the wicked witch relationship known as SMWW. :tongue:
1 x
Image Image

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:37 am

Again it seems to be a "meh" cartoon so I wouldn't worry. DC seems to have lost its luster for animation lately.
1 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 am

Have to agree with theamerican, it's a subpar cartoon at best.
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:57 am

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST Glad to be back! I've missed you guys a lot. I have to say that I agree with you ARB. My little shipper heart is broken into a million pieces. I really thought we were finally past all this SMWW crap. I was talking to Dinasis about it too....ok, actually I was venting my rage at him and he kind of calmed me down by saying the same thing someone else said here. This was in production while New52 was going on.

I guess our only hope is that they'll come to their senses. While it's not the most awesome show in the world, it definitely helped fill the void that JL/JLU left behind. I was seriously hoping that this show was going to pick up on the DCEU love for BMWW and do with it what JL/JLU was too scared to do. Even if they do end up going down the yellow brick BMWW road, I agree with you. It's already been tainted by the wicked witch relationship known as SMWW.
Well I'm glad you're still in somewhat of a high spirit, god knows we need a few people here to spread some optimism >_<

Yeah, this whole situation honestly stinks, and I can't pretend I'm not disappointed even if this is just a hold over from the New 52. The very brazen and crappy way they shove it in there certainly didn't help matter either. It sucks to realize that BMWW, even its heydays never received anything like this, and people actually liked it. Meanwhile, DC is still trying to push an idea that proved to be a failure, and are doing so in the most aggressive way possible. Let's hope the DCEU turns things around....
theamerican wrote:QR_BBPOST Again it seems to be a "meh" cartoon so I wouldn't worry. DC seems to have lost its luster for animation lately.
Still this is a pretty hard blow to all of us. It's the timing that made it all the more cruel, as I believe most people, me included were caught completely off guard by this. It came at a time when we thought SMWW was completely dead, and that's why people are voicing their displeasure with it. Also, seeing the same people who constantly criticize the way BMWW was handled in the DCAU gloating about JL Action doesn't make things easier...
1 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:43 am

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST Also, seeing the same people who constantly criticize the way BMWW was handled in the DCAU gloating about JL Action doesn't make things easier...
Man, what are you doing to yourself?

Please, don't stress yourself going around searching for SM/WW shippers comments on this stupid episode. Of course they'll praise it no matter how forced and cringy it was.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:46 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST Man, what are you doing to yourself?

Please, don't stress yourself going around searching for SM/WW shippers comments on this stupid episode. Of course they'll praise it no matter how forced and cringy it was.
Believe me I wasn't. I swear Twitter will be the death of me >_<
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:05 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST Man, what are you doing to yourself?

Believe me I wasn't. I swear Twitter will be the death of me >_<
They're praising it on Twitter? Like what, the entire show or the episode specifically? Because it was easily the weakest episode of the show and the whole thing was extremely forced. You had the characters outright dating and trying to kiss each other after a few words, them bashing their original love interests, Wonder Woman fawning over Superman's actions, Superman saying Wonder Woman doesn't need any save (another dig at Lois) and so on. Really poor form.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Justice League Action

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:31 am

ISAK wrote:QR_BBPOST They're praising it on Twitter? Like what, the entire show or the episode specifically? Because it was easily the weakest episode of the show and the whole thing was extremely forced. You had the characters outright dating and trying to kiss each other after a few words, them bashing their original love interests, Wonder Woman fawning over Superman's actions, Superman saying Wonder Woman doesn't need any save (another dig at Lois) and so on. Really poor form.
Oh it was just stuff like "SMWW LIVES" or "TAKE THAT CLOIS/WONDERBAT", that kind of stuff. I excused myself when it seemed like a fight was about to break out, taking my wounded WonderBat heart with me T___T
1 x