Harley quinn tv show

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Harley quinn tv show

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:47 am

I love it I dont agree with some of the choices they did but it extremely well written well acted hilarious as hell and most impressively improves some of the source material

What do you guys think
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Re: Harley quinn tv show

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Never watched a full episodes but from the clips I have seen I don't think it's for me.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:02 pm

I watched most of season 1. Sure had some good moments. Some of the voices are pretty hilarious. Not sure if I will watched season 2, though...
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:07 pm

Saw this on twitter. One of the many reasons why I can't take this show seriously is that they left the trunks off Bruce but not Clark. And Wonderbat is ruined with the last line Diana says it seems.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:23 pm

The clumsy inclusion of the Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy pairing simple because to please the LBGT crowd made the show lose a lot of points with me, not because of the ship per see, but because it has been made clear it wasn't something planned from the start but rather something they decided on the last minute. Other than that... meh. It's a hit-and-miss comedy show. It tries to hard to emulate Venture Bros, but with little success.
BatsGeek wrote:
Saw this on twitter. One of the many reasons why I can't take this show seriously is that they left the trunks off Bruce but not Clark. And Wonderbat is ruined with the last line Diana says it seems.
Wonder Woman could be talking about hers and Batman's costume, instead of some threesome proposition between her, Batman, and Superman. Not that would be something that far for the show. You don't want to know how they handled Nora Fries.
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:30 pm

I took the scene as more Superman saw himself and went narcisistic.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

ARB
Justice League

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Yeah this whole thing feels little more than just a cheeky nod to BMWW rather than anything serious. Not sure about Diana's last line or whether she was referring to Clark as well, but still Diana and Bruce immediately looked at each other after they got hit with the pheromones, while Superman simply started admiring himself. Not sure how Ivy's pheromones work in this show, but I don't remember it acting like a love potion. So the intent might've been to show that Diana and Bruce already had feelings to each other prior. In any case this is such a throwaway scene anyway so there's not much to get excited about. It's neat though, and it succeeded in pissing people off, so there's that as well.
2 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:55 pm

ISAK wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:23 pm
The clumsy inclusion of the Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy pairing simple because to please the LBGT crowd made the show lose a lot of points with me, not because of the ship per see, but because it has been made clear it wasn't something planned from the start but rather something they decided on the last minute. Other than that... meh. It's a hit-and-miss comedy show. It tries to hard to emulate Venture Bros, but with little success.
BatsGeek wrote:
Wonder Woman could be talking about hers and Batman's costume, instead of some threesome proposition between her, Batman, and Superman. Not that would be something that far for the show. You don't want to know how they handled Nora Fries.
Yeah...that's definitely what I'm going with. My mind just jumped to the negative instantly. I mean she is talking to Bruce only. :lol: Oh, boy. Do I wanna know? I'm guessing it's a lot worse than what happened to her on that Gotham show.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:32 am

It looks like diana was just flirting with bruce. While clark was showing off his looks. Though I think he was talking about looking at bruce and diana doing the deed with his x ray vision that is what I am hearing
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:00 pm

What a strange idea for a DC show. I just can't see these heroes in this context. I think the show just doesn't work for me. This show just feels too Marvel, specifically Deadpool.

Maybe it could work in the DC Universe but just not with Harley and with the Justice League as main character, maybe with batmite or ambush bug but not with Harley.
1 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 pm

The show just feels like another Justice League: Action, except somehow even less funny. It doesn't help that Harley is just awful as whatever the hell it is that DC has turned her into nowadays. I never really liked her character all that much but I really miss old Harley from BTAS.

I actually think the Batman/Wonder Woman moment was pretty blatant, Superman clearly wasn't being included in the equation. Bonus, it also got shippers mad as hell, which was pretty entertaining.
1 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:42 pm

What do you mean it got shippers mad as hell
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 am

bat/cat shippers
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:46 am

Lurker nomore wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 am
bat/cat shippers
Can you show me some screenshots I cant help but enjoy seeing meltdown downs like this
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:43 pm

RadicalLogic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 pm
I actually think the Batman/Wonder Woman moment was pretty blatant, Superman clearly wasn't being included in the equation. Bonus, it also got shippers mad as hell, which was pretty entertaining.
Yup, petty as it might be, this is why I liked the fact they included this moment. Seeing some people foaming at the mouth because of this makes me pretty happy. I still marvel at how BMWW manages to somehow remain ever so present despite barely getting any attention from DC, and how little it takes to set people off. This is what happens when DC continues to pander to the absolute worst of their fandoms, so I have no sympathy for either.

The Harley show itself seems surprisingly unfunny. I tried watching first couple of episodes but I honestly could barely get through them. The best moments seem to be the ones involving the Justice League, and those have been clipped numerous times by people and WB itself online, so I don't even feel the need to watch the show just to catch these few decent bits. I still hope it delivers more moments like these, if only to start shipping drama online.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:08 pm

So who are the usual suspects angry at this? The crazy Batcat shippers? The SMWW shippers? Are they using the "this is so disrespectful to Wonder Woman" shield yet?

Either way, like i said the show is an obvious Venture Boys clone, but they took the wrong lessons from that show. Yes, that show was edgy with its over the top violence and crude sex jokes, but that show didn't hammer those moments continuously and the humor would come mostly from the characters interactions. The Harley Quinn show, though, is nothing but waaay over the top violence to the point the violence becomes banal and boring, and the crude sex jokes just aren't smart or witty, but more something a 13 years old teenager would come up with. The Harley Quinn show also doesn't know how to balance the humorous moments with its dramatic moments making everything feel tonally inconsistent. So it's a very hit-and miss show. Good for a binge watch, but nothing that great.
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:59 pm

It's a good time when those idiots get mad at how popular our ship is. They know it's alive and well and how more powerful it could be if it went full throttle beyond the teases. They're shook.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Man I love when BatsGeek comments that syndrome quote is so good, gets me every time anyway the Harley show sucks, like straight up.

I gotta go look up the reactions to the little bit of Wonderbat in a dumb show just to see the seething lol.
1 x

ARB
Justice League

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:21 pm

ISAK wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:08 pm
So who are the usual suspects angry at this? The crazy Batcat shippers? The SMWW shippers? Are they using the "this is so disrespectful to Wonder Woman" shield yet?
You know it's been a while since I've seen any of the SMWW crazies ? The SMWW are a bizarre breed of weirdos who feel the need to downplay BMWW as something that only very few actually care about, and fixate on how garbage Batman is and how Diana is just too good for him. Ironic how they continue to accuse Batman fans of wanting BMWW just to score another "conquest" for Bruce, even though it's very clear they're just disgruntled Superman fans who're treating this as a contest they need to win.

The BatCats on the other hand are just utterly pathetic. They aggressively attack anyone who dares to suggest any other Batman ship, and WonderBat in particular seems like a sensitive button for them. Even though DC has been pandering to them pretty much exclusively for the past 15 years, they still complain about how badly they get treated and how they get absolutely nothing. They're your typical pathetic crazy shippers, but what sets them apart is how aggressive they're in attacking any and everyone who dares ship anything but BatCat, to the point that they seemingly seek out people just to attack them. Seriously f**k them. At this point the primary reason I want to see BMWW is just to see the BatCats lose their minds.
ThatOneGuy wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:08 pm
I gotta go look up the reactions to the little bit of Wonderbat in a dumb show just to see the seething lol.
It's honestly pretty amazing how much such a tiny little moment could set people off. The stuff I saw were all twitter drama, but I'd like stress that I absolutely did NOT seek this stuff. This was all from BatCats jumping into any tweet talking about BMWW and just acting pathetic. One bastard even had the gall to go to one of Susan Eisenberg's recent BMWW tweets, that had nothing to do with the Harley thing BTW, and started insulting her just because she ships BMWW. Another one posted a photoshopped picture that replaces Diana with Catwoman in the BMWW scene from last episode, which is hilarious because I remember many BatCats making fun of the BMWW photoshops because BMWW didn't have much canon material.

Just in the last four years, they got Tom King's run which was all about BatCat, and they're still getting their Bat/Cat fanfic series later this year, and yet they still feel the need to take away this tiny BMWW moment from people. I've never seen a more miserable group of people in my life, and as I've said all I want now is for BMWW, or any other ship for that matter, to rise just to see the s**t storm that will follow.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:30 am

I wish they just make a ship book for each faction then everyone would be happy and tptb would make lots of money. But that just makes to much sense so it will never happen. Or they other shipping groups will be scared one would become the dominant one and guess which one the one that they never let have a chance. That would be batman and wonderwoman.
0 x