The Suicide Squad

annaoi
Titan

The Suicide Squad

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:27 am

I just saw the movie and I think it's fun. I'd watch it again. Also a million times better than the first one.

I'm just sad that
Spoiler: Show
Capt. Boomerang died so freakin early and also, Rick Flag and Polkadot Man deserved better. The only negative thing I can say about the movie is that Polkadot Man's death came off as a joke. Other than that, it's a good movie.
I like how some parts are twisted but aesthetic at the same time.

Weirdly enough... I sorta ship Rick Flag and Harley now. But I'm okay if it was just friendship.

Edit: Also, I found King Shark adorable.
Last edited by annaoi on Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Re: The Suicide Squad

Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:38 am

Gonna see the movie this evening. Really hyped.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Saw the movie and I enjoyed it. Alltough I was a little dissapointed, maybe because of the hype.

Ratcatcher II was cool, KIng Shark was a good comic relief/big guy and Margo Robie is my favourite Harley Quin ever.

Sadly they don´t do much with Thinker and Peacemaker, those could have been more interesting, the former in terms of powers the later in terms of personality. Would have been fun if he had been a hyppocritical gun nut or something. I think it was implied he is some kind of nationalist. At least thats what one preview wrote. Who knows, maybe they chickened out because people would think they are looking for "woke points". Thanks to the usual suspects for that :x

They also wasted some characters early on, that could have been cool if they had been shown to be a little more competent. Polka Dot man was awesome, though. I want this version in the comics.

Overall I think Black Widow was the more well rounded movie, but I still recommend it.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

annaoi
Titan

Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:39 am

@Ghost13
My expectations were pretty low, hence why I liked it better lol.

I didn't care for the thinker and yeah, the only thing that's negative for me was some of the characters were just used as the early casualties.

I still cry for Rick Flag.

I found Black Widow to be a bit boring. Maybe I've grown tired of the usual big Marvel action sequences.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:49 am

@Ghost13
My expectations were pretty low, hence why I liked it better lol.

I didn't care for the thinker and yeah, the only thing that's negative for me was some of the characters were just used as the early casualties.

I still cry for Rick Flag.

I found Black Widow to be a bit boring. Maybe I've grown tired of the usual big Marvel action sequences.
Didn´t care about Rick Flagg really...

Yeah, like Javelin is only there
Spoiler: Show
so Harley gets a weapon useful against Starro.
Would also have been cool if the weasel actually killed something on camera.

Black Widow by comparison is pretty flawless. Grendle wanted Taskmaster to talk more but I liked this MCU version fine.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:09 am

Wonder if it might be a mostake to give a sequel the exact same name as the first one.

How many people will even nptice the "The" in the name?
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Wonder if it might be a mostake to give a sequel the exact same name as the first one.

Ugh, I don´t care. Don´t you have something more interesting to point out regarding this movie?
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Honestly a really good movie at least compared to some other DCEU projects (still haven’t finished WW84 and I never will). I don’t think it lived up to the hype that everyone put out, like the people that called it the best comic book movie of all time (really hot take there lol). But the lighter tone to the movie plus also James Gunn doing whatever tf he wanted really made it a crazy, yet interesting movie. While some of the jokes felt slightly dry to me, I did laugh quite a bit throughout the movie. Kinda disappointed by a few deaths, but honestly it wasn’t something that made the movie a make or break for me. Loved King Shark tho lol. Personally I would give it a 7.8/10. I feel like ZSJL and a couple other movies in the DCEU were better, but that’s just my opinion.
2 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:48 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:

Probably an intentional design to make people forget about the first suicide squad movie, which I personally didn’t think was too bad. Although, Ben Affleck being Batman in the first SS movie might be carrying my opinion on the movie lol. I really enjoy his Batman, one of my favorites of all time.
0 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Niloc wrote:
MTVCCVC wrote:

Probably an intentional design to make people forget about the first suicide squad movie, which I personally didn’t think was too bad. Although, Ben Affleck being Batman in the first SS movie might be carrying my opinion on the movie lol. I really enjoy his Batman, one of my favorites of all time.
Suicide Squad 1 had really good character designs. Everything except WIll Smith (because he is not the right type, not about race) as Deadshot felt right.

They just cut the movie into pieces. Directors Cut would have been interesting.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Niloc wrote:
MTVCCVC wrote:

Maybe, but it does kind of run the risk of the average potential viewer going something like: "Suicide Squad? Didn't I watch that a few years ago? Must be a re-realease. Next!"
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:44 am

I thought the movie was pretty good. Polka Dot Man was my favorite, and while I liked Ratcatcher 2 she really didn't seem like she belonged in the group. Also don't like the change the movie made in her dad, as I kind of like Otis. Really liked how they realized Starro, and how derpy he moved.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:52 am

Debating to watch it on HBO Max. I’m kind of fatigued if I’m being honest of DC properties lately. I never understood DC’s sudden obsession post 2010 with Suicide Squad. It was always an established thing in the DC universe of course but it felt like DC suddenly went all in on forcing it on other properties it except where it counted (feature film) until it was too late. I feel like with Guardians coming first Suicide Squad was always going to be stuck in the position Snyder found himself in. If they make Suicide Squad dark and about evil people like it should be, some viewers may complain it’s trying to be dark on purpose to be contrarian to the MCU. Try to be lighthearted viewers will then complain it’s a pale imitation of Guardians.

Also I’ll admit I don’t like Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. She’s like Nicholas Cage Superman, except her vanity project actually got made. After seeing her in two movies I don’t find her funny, her attempt at an exaggerated New York accent falls flat and it’s not bad in a funny way either. For some of its faults in the animated show Harley Quinn, I enjoy Kaley Cuoco’s voice role more at least.
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

annaoi
Titan

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:53 pm

Niloc wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 pm
Honestly a really good movie at least compared to some other DCEU projects (still haven’t finished WW84 and I never will). I don’t think it lived up to the hype that everyone put out, like the people that called it the best comic book movie of all time (really hot take there lol). But the lighter tone to the movie plus also James Gunn doing whatever tf he wanted really made it a crazy, yet interesting movie. While some of the jokes felt slightly dry to me, I did laugh quite a bit throughout the movie. Kinda disappointed by a few deaths, but honestly it wasn’t something that made the movie a make or break for me. Loved King Shark tho lol. Personally I would give it a 7.8/10. I feel like ZSJL and a couple other movies in the DCEU were better, but that’s just my opinion.
I have mostly the same feelings towards it now except I liked it better coz I was never that much hyped. But despite a few jokes, I also like the humor they gave, especially the dark humor. It suits DC more. James Gunn did this better than his Guardians of the Galaxy imo.
Last edited by annaoi on Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:57 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
I thought the movie was pretty good. Polka Dot Man was my favorite, and while I liked Ratcatcher 2 she really didn't seem like she belonged in the group. Also don't like the change the movie made in her dad, as I kind of like Otis. Really liked how they realized Starro, and how derpy he moved.
I have to agree with Starro. He looked so odd and scary at the same time I love it.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:13 pm

annaoi wrote:
Grendle1853 wrote:
I have to agree with Starro. He looked so odd and scary at the same time I love it.
He was great as a "final boss" for the Squad to fight. Otherwise they had just soldiers to battle...and themselves. Kinda a shame the first team was ripped apart so easily. Espacially Boomer. Of all the characters he is one of my favourites.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

annaoi
Titan

Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:40 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:13 pm
annaoi wrote:
Grendle1853 wrote:
He was great as a "final boss" for the Squad to fight. Otherwise they had just soldiers to battle...and themselves. Kinda a shame the first team was ripped apart so easily. Espacially Boomer. Of all the characters he is one of my favourites.
I hoped Boomer was at least spared from the carnage. But apparently we can't have nice things :cry:

From the old cast, he was the one I was looking forward to and his interaction with the others at the plane was already gold.
1 x