Spider-Man: No Way Home

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:50 pm

Wish they did a new take on Doc...
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home

Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:39 pm

Love it!!!
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:52 am

I hope it's better then "Far From Home", I didn't really like that one.
2 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:39 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:52 am
I hope it's better then "Far From Home", I didn't really like that one.
I never really liked this Spider-Man. Found him basically Iron Man junior and too dependent on Tony Stark. I did like Mysterio and how they handled his illusions, but also didn’t like how they tried to market the film like Mysterio was going to be heroic and even bother trying to fool the audience. We all knew that was coming a mile away.

I’m excited for this one though, but mainly the announcement of Dafoe’s Green Goblin returning. Again says something about Spider-Man in the MCU that they basically have to bring back villains from the Raimiverse because they’re not confident they can redo Goblin or Doc Ock.
2 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

annaoi
Titan

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:41 pm

I'm only gonna watching to see Tobey and possibly Andrew lol.

Not gonna lie, it just shows how Tom Holland's Spider-man can't carry a whole movie on his own. Too dependent on the entire MCU.

Also here's a potential spoilery anaylsis of the trailer:
2 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 am

annaoi wrote:

Not gonna lie, it just shows how Tom Holland's Spider-man can't carry a whole movie on his own. Too dependent on the entire MCU.

I think the actor can, they just won't let him. I feel it's more of a writing problem. Also this is a bit of a controversial take, but I never really liked Toby in the role. He didn't bring any of the sarcastic, funny side of Spider-Man that I feel is so important to the character. Once he put the mask on (for the few seconds he actually wore it) he lost all his character and was just a blank slate. Also somehow none of the movies did the Green Lantern right.
0 x

theamerican
Justice League

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:10 am

Grendle1853 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 am
annaoi wrote:

I think the actor can, they just won't let him. I feel it's more of a writing problem. Also this is a bit of a controversial take, but I never really liked Toby in the role. He didn't bring any of the sarcastic, funny side of Spider-Man that I feel is so important to the character. Once he put the mask on (for the few seconds he actually wore it) he lost all his character and was just a blank slate. Also somehow none of the movies did the Green Lantern right.

I liked Tobey for the first two films, but also remembering loving the video games that came out with him voicing as well and I do remember they gave him more of that Spider-Man snark with many lines. I remember his banter with the thugs in NYC and Mysterio in the second one and his shit talking to Shocker. My like for Tobey may be influenced also by the video games which now I think more of it, they less focused on the mopey stuff like the films did.

Garfield as much as he was too hipstery as Peter Orker I think did a better job with the snark. Almost too good that I think that’s why Gwen Stacy’s death in the film seemed a sudden jarring and total dark shift in tone suddenly. I liked it because that’s how it was in the comics in that it suddenly came out of nowhere.

Tom Holland has too much young Jimmy Olson vibe for me as Spider Man. “Ah Jesus Mr Stark! Mr Stark!”

Peter’s always supposed to be a little too mature for his age. Not emo but kind of a blend of Tim Drake and Dick Grayson if that makes sense.

In defense to Tom Holland though I do agree Grendle Spider-Man is probably constrained so tightly by the writers and corporate influence. Unlike Sony’s interfering with Raimi’s third Spider-Man and Webb’s two Spider-Man films, Disney finally cracked the code of corporate interfering with movie enough to be crowd pleaser and make enough money and they aren’t going to let that power up.
1 x
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

annaoi
Titan

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:30 am

@Grendle1853 I wasn't talking about the actor himself not being able to pull it off (I personally think he's a fantastic actor based in his other movies), I was speaking generally about his Spider-Man. And I do agree it's the writers' and producers' fault. I can't even watch his first Spidey movie again.

@theamerican I do like Tobey and wished that banter in the video games was in the films. He did embody a nerd but not the snarky nerd we were looking.

Now I did love Andrew. He got the snark right for me. But somehow some of his earlier scenes with Gwen was a bit cringey or cheesy for me. But it did enough pull me into the emotional weight when Gwen died. His 2nd movie could've been better though. Too many stuff crammed in it. And Harry being there had been a little too close of a reminder of what happened in the latter part of Raimi films.

So far, Into the Spider-Verse proves to be superior compared to all of them imo.
1 x

theamerican
Justice League

Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:39 am

First two Sam Raimi Spider-Man films were good too. Amazing Spider-Man had interesting premise and was hinting something cool to come that never materialized. MCU films are just corporate carbon copy safe films.

Spider-verse was great but I think it was because it didn’t take itself too seriously and respected it’s fanbase. Don’t know if they will capture the magic again in the sequel with Lord and Miller not returning.
1 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:48 pm

I think you should re-watch old Spider-Man. Wasn't really good. I think I prefer the first reboot. New Spider-Man is cool. Pretty bold decision to take him out of New York. And I like that Tony is his mentor.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:55 am

theamerican wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:39 am
First two Sam Raimi Spider-Man films were good too. Amazing Spider-Man had interesting premise and was hinting something cool to come that never materialized. MCU films are just corporate carbon copy safe films.

Spider-verse was great but I think it was because it didn’t take itself too seriously and respected it’s fanbase. Don’t know if they will capture the magic again in the sequel with Lord and Miller not returning.
I was never a fan of the original Spider-Man movie series. I just didn't see Spider-Man in Toby's performance. Amazing tried to pack too much crap the fans didn't really care about in the sequel, and did the Green Goblin even worse then the original series. Liked the first "Home" Spider-Man movie, went with quirky instead of sarcastic bastard but the villain was awesome. The sequel was trash though.
I don't think the new movie series are going to the multiverse as a way of trying to ape on the original movies, I just think they are doing it because Spiderverse has been a big thing for years at this point. I also don't get why the Spiderverse got so big though. "Spider-Man" will always be Peter Parker of Earth 616, and that just is not going to change.
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:33 am

Seems like... they edited out people from certain scenes in the trailer.

1 x