Magic comes in handy, eh?

0 x

Isis
Justice League

Re: Zatanna

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Lol that seagull is in trouble... I love that she has an iPad :D
0 x
Batman—Having the word "Wonder" in your name might seem egotistical to some. Having watched Wonder Woman in action...I'd call it modesty.

dui
Young Justice

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Isis wrote:Lol that seagull is in trouble... I love that she has an iPad :D
(laughs) i was going to say 'beware seagull' the covers for the zatanna series are pretty good, I've always enjoyed looking at them
0 x
"I am qualified to listen to your problems ! ... er most of them."

Isis
Justice League

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:34 am

Though can I ask what the HELL she has in her blouse, because if those are boobs Zee is in serious trouble.
0 x
Batman—Having the word "Wonder" in your name might seem egotistical to some. Having watched Wonder Woman in action...I'd call it modesty.

Aries
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 am

0 x

rachelroth
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Raven

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:32 am

Good cover - the seagull’s toast (literally - :lol: )
0 x
Diana: “You expect sympathy from me the next time we spar?”
Bruce: “F-funny, I forgot you can be funny”
Diana: “Then we’re even because there are times I forget that you’re human, Bruce.”

JLA – The Obsidian Age

Gothamazon
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Batgirl [Stephanie Brown]

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:05 am

LOL for both pix!!!
0 x
'Sometimes finding yourself isn't as hard as you think. Sometimes you just need a nudge in the right direction.' ~ Barbara Gordon, the Oracle.

League membership: Stephanie Brown Batgirl

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Bruce has nice taste...
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Lordfrieza
Justice League
Justice League Membership: The Question

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 pm

had to put one up of zee and john.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

Isis
Justice League

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 am

God why does she want him?!
0 x

Aries
Site Admin

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 am

I think there are about twenty people on the planet that like that pairing. Thankfully, Constantine isn't really part of the main continuity DCU (though officially he is from the same earth, he and the rest of vertigo are simply ignored), so those stories aren't actually part of Zatanna's referenced history.
0 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Aries wrote:I think there are about twenty people on the planet that like that pairing. Thankfully, Constantine isn't really part of the main continuity DCU (though officially he is from the same earth, he and the rest of vertigo are simply ignored), so those stories aren't actually part of Zatanna's referenced history.

And I'm one of the twenty. Seriously I like John, but because he has that likeable asshole quality to him. Sure he's a dick, but fuck he's your friend so you expect him to a dick. Has for Zatanna.... From what I got from their relationship on both sides it was just about sex. They where 'fuck' buddies and nothing else.

And this is from one of the few comics they appeared in together.

0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

Aries
Site Admin

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Nothing wrong with liking the pairing, I just don't care for the characterization of Zatanna in the couple Hellblazer comic's I've read with her in them. That Zatanna probably works with John, but I prefer that characterization be kept very separate from the Zatanna of the main DCU. Having said that; that's my opinion and by no means the only one. There were a few people on the DCMB that liked the Constantine/Zatanna pairing too.
0 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Aries wrote:Nothing wrong with liking the pairing, I just don't care for the characterization of Zatanna in the couple Hellblazer comic's I've read with her in them. That Zatanna probably works with John, but I prefer that characterization be kept very separate from the Zatanna of the main DCU. Having said that; that's my opinion and by no means the only one. There were a few people on the DCMB that liked the Constantine/Zatanna pairing too.
It's alright man. I know that Zatanna came off a little 'different' in the hellblazer 'universe'. You know... Something that kind of irks me is the fact that their child sort of slips in and out of continuity (more often out then in). I personally think that Zee having a child (and I would assume that it would be a girl since John has two other daughters. Maria and Tefé Holland (Which Tefe was kind of an odd story and she considers Swampthing Alex Holland her father and not John.)
0 x

League member 'Question'

Aries
Site Admin

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 pm

0 x

Gothamazon
Justice League

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Turned out that Zee has had some flirts in the past...

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/95854 ... d=27637324

there are some Constantine/Zatanna moments there. And boy... Zee looks hot in that semi translucent nighties when she offered Dale Gunn some cookies...
0 x
'Sometimes finding yourself isn't as hard as you think. Sometimes you just need a nudge in the right direction.' ~ Barbara Gordon, the Oracle.

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Nice Find Gothamazon!
0 x

League member 'Question'

Gothamazon
Justice League

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 am

By the way, just found this one on Scans Daily as well. Batman and Zee

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_ ... tml#cutid1

I can understand now why some ppl go for BM/Zee. I think I might put them as #2 before Bruce/Selina! But Bruce/Diana is still #1.
Zee: I can't be in a relationship with a man who is more passionate about his demons than he is about me. The one time I sparked the most passion from you was back in the League, when I betrayed you.

Bruce: I was angry.

Zee: It was an honest emotion. Maybe the most honest you've ever given me. If we are to have anything more, and I think we could...it has to come from a love that's just as honest. I don't know if you can give me that right now.

Bruce: Can you forgive me?

Zee: I always have.
0 x

Aries
Site Admin

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:27 am

The first story from those scans really is a great read. There's no real romance between the two in it, just friendship, but you can definitely see how it could become romance. They also didn't include the few Superman/Batman issues they've been in together where she risks everything to save him or they end up trapped in her dream of them being married with a family.

Zee is no Diana, but I still think it's a really great pairing, definitely my #2. Even without any romance between the two, I enjoy the team up. Zee is one of the few people that is absolutely not intimidated by Bruce; she still sees the little boy she knew and Bruce being uncomfortable with magic adds a fun dynamic.

This is from Superman/Batman #46 (also the issue where Superman is stoned):
0 x

Gothamazon
Justice League

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 am

Kiss my butt! LOL!!! Nice find, Aries. I have read part two of that SM/BM story, but didn't read part one.
Aries wrote:Zee is no Diana, but I still think it's a really great pairing, definitely my #2. Even without any romance between the two, I enjoy the team up. Zee is one of the few people that is absolutely not intimidated by Bruce; she still sees the little boy she knew and Bruce being uncomfortable with magic adds a fun dynamic.
I agree with this. I think she's definitely my #2 after Diana for Bruce now. Sorry my dear Selina, I love you, but you're often too unpredictable to foster Bruce's happiness...and your own...

Zee OTOH has a mixture of Selina's quirkiness and Diana's mystery...(not that Diana is not fun to be with, but I admit Diana's sense of humor is atypical). Also strange that Zee and Diana are basically two women of magic. Diana doesn't practice magic, but her origin, upbringing and surroundings are heavily infused by magic.
0 x