Game of Thrones.

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Game of Thrones.

Fri May 03, 2019 2:44 pm

I'm not a big GoT fan, so my investment in the finale is not really there, but I am watching it because my wife loves the show.

So, episode 3 of season 8 rolls around...
I won't lie, I got caught up in the first watch excitement and was able to suspend my disbelief and follow along, but there was an annoying nagging feeling that something is just not right with the entire proceedings.

Why does Jon do all but nothing? What is the fucking point of Bran? Why are all the other charters making stupid mistakes? Why is no-one dying despite being completely surrounded and even swarmed with multiple zombie? Why when the zombies overrun the one single fire trench (!!!) are they not dumping burning oil or giant fucking rocks over the side of the castle walls at the zombies that are climbing the walls without any ladders or anything?
Why does Daenny stare at Jon running off so that the zombies can jump on her and her dragon and where the fuck did Jorah come from?
Where the fuck did Arya come from and how did she get past the hordes of zombies and Whitewalkers to deliver the moneyshot?
What the fuck was the deal with Tyrion and Sansa in the Crypt?

Then I found this video and this guy really points out and lays out everything that makes no fucking sense.

I stopped following the show regularly around about the end of season 4. I can't really recognize this and that as the same show.
0 x

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Sun May 05, 2019 3:54 am

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:44 pm
I'm not a big GoT fan, so my investment in the finale is not really there, but I am watching it because my wife loves the show.

So, episode 3 of season 8 rolls around...
I won't lie, I got caught up in the first watch excitement and was able to suspend my disbelief and follow along, but there was an annoying nagging feeling that something is just not right with the entire proceedings.

Why does Jon do all but nothing? What is the fucking point of Bran? Why are all the other charters making stupid mistakes? Why is no-one dying despite being completely surrounded and even swarmed with multiple zombie? Why when the zombies overrun the one single fire trench (!!!) are they not dumping burning oil or giant fucking rocks over the side of the castle walls at the zombies that are climbing the walls without any ladders or anything?
Why does Daenny stare at Jon running off so that the zombies can jump on her and her dragon and where the fuck did Jorah come from?
Where the fuck did Arya come from and how did she get past the hordes of zombies and Whitewalkers to deliver the moneyshot?
What the fuck was the deal with Tyrion and Sansa in the Crypt?

Then I found this video and this guy really points out and lays out everything that makes no fucking sense.

I stopped following the show regularly around about the end of season 4. I can't really recognize this and that as the same show.
I keep telling people they are better off watching first four seasons and pretending Tywin and Tyrion Lannister is the main character. Shows really about the father and son bringing their family name to power and prominence despite the fuck ups of other members and enemies all around. And it ends in tragedy with Tyrion killing his father in a Freudian way. Show went off the rails without Martin’s guiding hand and fell into fanservice and vertical plot line instead of horizontal plot building.

I won’t lie when I first saw Episode 3 this season I was pretty pissed off. Pissed off about the poor tactics, pissed off about the poor lighting, pissed off that no main characters died, pissed off that a lot of the build up seemed for nothing. Personally I didn’t mind Arya killing the Night King. It’s a perfect arc for her character. And it’s been stablished she’s good at the sneak attack. I was more annoyed Season 6 showed Arya getting beat up so many times and suddenly by the end became super good at assassin stuff. Again don’t mind Arya killing the Night King, more annoyed between Season 6-7 there seems to be something missing to show how she got good.

I asked my brother who I got hooked on the show in 2017 what he thought and he thought the episode was alright but overhyped. He said it looked like the writers were more concerned about having the longest battle sequence ever filmed rather than writing one with good drama and realism behind it. And my brother is the opposite of me and isn’t into this fantasy or nerdy geek stuff usually. He’ll usually like something when I’m being nit picky or criticizing some pop culture phenomenon for being cheap spectacle lacking depth.

I rewatched it though and found I liked it more the second time once I suspended my disbelief and accepted no main characters would die (Jorah doesn’t fucking count, most fans expected him to die in Season 6 because of gray scale). Still not as good as Blackwater, Battle of the Bastards, or Battle at Castle Black.

I’m hoping the point of the white walkers is either the night king needs to exist so Jon will have to become one to bring balance to nature again, or at the very least wipe out danys army so Cersei has the advantage: I think Dany is definitely going to die or become the last villain. Maybe Jon will have to betray and kill her
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Watched Episode 4... not impressed.

I'm starting to hate Jon Snow. He's ineffectual, indecisive, wants to run away from all problems and decisions now that the Night King is dead.
They keep talking like he's the second coming in terms of leadership and being king, yet I don't see a bit of it.
FFS, he doesn't want to make any difficult decisions, take any responsibility, be a leader. "Maybe the best ruler is one who doesn't want it," is such kindergarten feel good horseshit.

How the fuck did that asshole snipe one of the dragons in the heart and throat with a balista, but didn't fire at Daeny diving at him from way closer?
How did the balistae even manage to destroy the other ships at that distance? Those arrows would not have the fucking energy to fly that far, let alone punch through them like that.

Daenny turning into a tyrant and Varys' changing attitude are the only believable things in this episode.
How the fuck is Jamie going to ride across the continent that the others have already crossed halfway to do whatever the fuck he plans on doing for Cersei? Why did he leave her in the first place, if that's all it took to get him back?

So many teleporting characters. The plot magic is really strong with the series at this point...
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue May 07, 2019 12:36 pm

For your sanity sake dont read the leaked information. Its all true and its so shit I cant even begin to comprehend how could anyone come up with it. There is a small possibility that they filmed a lot of fake endings but so far everything Ive read has come true. Mark my word, if the rest is also true then this will be the most hated ending for a TV show ever.
0 x

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Mon May 13, 2019 8:05 am

The penultimate episode was awesome! Really brought it back to the show’s roots which is war is hell, Dorthraki are not role models, and Dany is on a trajectory to destruction. Really what sucked was it wasn’t built up properly because the showrunners spent Season 5-7 making her too sympathetic (although there were some omnimous moments like her dragon pep talk, her burning of prisoners, her burning of the khals, her burning of the Tarlys and Lannister Army). Really drogon should’ve been struck by a rogue scorpion bolt and that sets her off.
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 am

All the leaks are oficially true. Prepare for a shitstorm next week.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am

Holy fucking shit, the penultimate episode is fucking garbage. I'm still watching it and I'll get into it when I'm done, but christ is it bullshit.

Why the fuck do the Lanister soldiers even wear armour if it can be cut through as if it was butter? Why is the only armour that remotely works in this season fucking plot armour?

EDIT:
fuck this shit. I can't believe how low this show has fallen.

Daeny becoming a tyrant was not a problem from a credibility point of view, but the writing was such shit and rushed, they didn't earn it.
To say nothing of how incompetently stupid she is. Instead of destroying the Red Keep as soon as she cleared the defenses, first she burns a bunch of civilians and surrendering soldiers, wasting time and opportunity to kill Circe.

What the fuck was that bit with Arya in the end and that retarded wanna-be-artistic bit with the horse out of nowhere?
I am sick of artsy and cinematic shit that sacrifices storytelling and worldbuilding so the director can jack off on the screen.

The Clegane fight is really something I don't why everyone was crewming their pants over. It was nothing special, plot armour heavy in that the Mountain's plate armour is at the same time invulnerable to the exact same strikes that killed 4 soldiers with the exact same armour, until it isn't and the Hound can push an arming sword through one side of the plate and out the other.
It's shit.

Circei fucking sucks. I thought that she had fallen into a nihilistic "let the world burn" mode, but apparently, she was just a dumbass who hadn't even considered that she might lose and ends up crying like a little girl when she realizes she fucked herself.

But more than anyone, i fucking hate Jon Snow. He is a useless, worthless coward who spends his time avoiding taking responsibility and acting for the good of anyone becuase of his own inner conflicts.
Ffs, all he had to do is give Daeny something to hold onto in a moment when she felt she lost almost everything and at least try to pull her from the edge. As silly as Daeny the Unbanged is, it is actually what she needed in that moment, but heaven forbid Jon would do something to help or anything at all.
Jon has been a wet fucking sock this entire season. He fucking sucks!

Screw this season.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Mon May 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Hhahahahaha you should probably see the last episode its even worse than episode 5. Btw you shouldnt hate the characters but the moronic writers.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Mon May 20, 2019 3:17 pm

I love this show, but overall this Season has been really underwhelming. I expect George RR. Martin to do much better once he finishes the books.

Having Dany turn into a tyrant and Jon being the one to stop her was predictable and could have been done much better.

At least the one to gain the kingship over the continent of Westeros was someone you didn´t expect, but still the entire last episode was quite a letdown.

Wonder what MTVCCVC will think of the final Episode.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Mon May 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Btw., where the hell did the Dothraki come from?
I thought they all died in the opening minutes of the fight against the undead.

Looks like someone wrote themselves into yet another corner...
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Tue May 21, 2019 6:03 am

Ghost13 wrote:
I love this show, but overall this Season has been really underwhelming. I expect George RR. Martin to do much better once he finishes the books.

Having Dany turn into a tyrant and Jon being the one to stop her was predictable and could have been done much better.

At least the one to gain the kingship over the continent of Westeros was someone you didn´t expect, but still the entire last episode was quite a letdown.

Just because something is unpredictable doesnt make it good.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue May 21, 2019 10:04 am

Not my thoughts exactly, but not too far off either.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm

At the risk of pissing people off, when Daeny goes on her spiel about knowing what good is and that she will create a good world, even if she has to kill those who disagree with her on what "good" is, i couldn't hell but comment:
"How very American of you!"
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 pm

eurongreyo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:03 am
Ghost13 wrote:

Just because something is unpredictable doesnt make it good.
Thats true of course.

At the risk of pissing people off, when Daeny goes on her spiel about knowing what good is and that she will create a good world, even if she has to kill those who disagree with her on what "good" is, i couldn't hell but comment:
"How very American of you!"

:lol:
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue May 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Finished watching the last episode.

What the fuck was that? That was utter shit.

Some peopme are describing this as a "happy" ending, but i am utterly convinced it isn't and the two people who end up being king and queen are fucking evil.

I'll get back to this with more details tommorow, but this is fucking bullshit.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am

I can hardly believe how utterly boring the final episode was. I felt no excitement while watching it, which is amazing considering this used to be the show that could fill the screen with tension where just 2 characters were talking.

Anyway, let's break it down.

Daeny's descent into mad queen talking about liberating the whole world under her rule in a not so subtle reference to George W. Bush is probably where the story ultimately was leading to, but it absolutely was not written well in this entire season.
The scene where there are dragon wings behind her was horrendously cringey.

Where the fuck did she get so many Unsullied and Dothraki, ffs? I thought the Dothraki all died in the Battle agains the White King and at least a majority of the Unsullied were cut down as well. There was a scene where Varys specifically mentioned that their and Circei's forces were now "distressingly equal".
How did she respawn them all?

Her death is one of the worst scenes in the show. I will give the show this, having Deany touch the Iron Throne, but never actually sit on it was good, but come the fuck on, you can't tell me that Jaime lanister can be skewered through both sides with a foot-long dagger and be able to find Cercei and have a lengthy talk with her, but Deany dies near instantly without final word. She couldn't even utter "traitor" or something at Jon Snow?

Speaking of Jaime and Cercei the scene of Tyrion fnding their bodies looked so half-assed. They had an entire top floor worth of bricks fall on them, yet they both look remarkably unscathed. Do you have any idea what a crushed body looks like? You couldn't even put in the effort to cave in Cercei's skull with a brick or something?

The scene where Drogon melts the Iron Throne is oh so very poetic and poignant and stupid. Dragons are clearly intelligent in this show, but there was nothing what so ever shown thus far to give the idea that they understand the game of thrones.
I know what it is supposed to mean, but it comes off forced. All you had to do was have Drogon burn the entire room down and have the throne melt as a side effect when Drogon flies off, not have him intentionally blast the throne for half a minute.

Even more than that, killing Daeny before the episode is half over in a very anticlimactic way is probably one of the dumbest decisions made in this episode full of fail.

Tyrion was a dumbass this entire season, but come the fuck on. Are you telling me that him betraying Varys and fucing up this season and his belief in Daeny was out of love? One of the smartest men in the world became an idiot all because he really, really wanted that dragon pussy?
You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Why did Gray Worm not kill John and Tyrion right then and there? What possible fucking reason could he have to spare them and let them be judged by a council of the lords and ladies of Westeros, especially right after the death of his Queen. He executed prisoners on the street, but won't kill the guy his queen was going to execute and the man who killed her?

The council of the lords and ladies was such horseshit too.
For some reason they buy into Tyrion's "stories are powerful" author self-insert bullcrap and decide to elect a King and disregard hundreds of years of tradition, because Davos said they need a better way or something. Half the people there are plotting schemers who can't wait to stab each other in the back, why the fuck would they agree to this?

At this point, I will flat out state that Bran and Sansa are evil and selfish, despite their constant protestations to the contrary.

Bran indicates quite clearly that he knew this was going to happen in the usual stereotype of the character with prophetic abilities or future vision.
If he knew that all the events that happened would happen and that he would be chose King and decided to say nothing about it to prevent it, he wanted the throne and was willing to let hundreds of thousands burn to get it.
He is fucking evil!

Sansa is the next Cercei and I fully believe she intends to have Bran assassinated within 5 years. When Bran was chosen, all the other kingdoms decide to agree to it, some who would have far less reason to do so, but Sansa pipes up at the last moment to say that oh so many northen soldiers died and they deserve and independent kingdom with her conveniently with the crown.
I kept waiting for any of the others to say something like: "Wait, we can do that?"
Sansa is evil and selfish. In a moment where everyone else there acted against their own interests to elect her brother to the throne, she decides to be cut the rug from under him and his authority by declaring her independence instead of standing with him to cement a proper union.
What's to stop the other kingdoms to say in a few years time that they want to be independent too? What's Bran going to say: "No, you can't because you aren't my sister"?
Sansa wants to rule and have to answer to no one. She is either evil or stupd and selfish. MAybe even all three.

Arya is a character that confuses me most of all. In the last episode she rode off on a horse only to return without said horse in this one to do nothing other than point out the bloody obvious to her dumbass brother Jon, that Deany has gone kill crazy.
How in fuck's name have the last 7 seasons of her becoming the greatest assassin in the world, capable of killing the Night King, lead to her becomeing an explorer? That came out of fucking nowhere.

Finally we get to Jon Snow. Jon Snow, King in the North, Commander of the Night's Watch, Not killer of the Night King, Yeller at Undead Dragons, The Unwilling, The Irresponsible, the Incompetent, The Unbanging, The man of 2 snetences: "I don't want it" and "She's my queen"
Jon probably drew the shortest straw in this entire season.

What has he done this season prior to this final episode? If you don't count riding a dragon and banging Daeny until he no longer could in the worst moment possible, he did fuck all until it came time to stick it to Daeny.
Jon is such a terrible character here. Everyone is constantly telling him what needs to be done, what he should do or the blatantly obvious, but he keeps avoiding having to make any decision or taking any responsibility, constantly hiding behind Daeny's skirt.

The whole season everyone keeps harping on how Jon is a good mand and how it is perhaps best that the man who doesn't want to be king sit on the throne.
He is not a good man. A good man is not an indecisive dullard. A good man takes charge and responsibility, he sacrifices his own comfort for the good of others.

He constantly walks away from his problems instead of facing them, the one time he doesn't, he does it in the stupidest way, he refuses to see what's right in front of his face and has to be told over and over again by other characters what he already knows until it sinks in and even then I'm notsure he would have done what he did if there was any other way out.
For all his proclamations of love to Daeny, he rejected her in the worst moment possible, because he felt wierd about it. Had he not done that, he may have been able to keep Daeny from going over the edge and prevented the deaths of hundreds of thousands and he wouldn't have had to stab Daeny either.
His ultimate fate of being banished to the Night Watch or going off passed the wall with the Wildlings was completely stupid, but at least the daft cunt actually pet his dire wolf.

What a fucking dive-bomb of a final season. A horrendously rushed and poorly told ending to a once excellent series.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Makes me glad that I stopped at season 4. The last midway decent book in the series was A Storm Of Swords, A Feast For Crows was complete dogshit and A Dance With Dragons was even worse. The fact that the showrunners somehow managed to outdo GRRM's worst writing is amazing. Almost every character was ruined beyond recognition. The dumbest moment by far was Euron somehow managing to kill Rhaegal with a scorpion bolt, despite them being relatively slow projectiles trying to hit a fast moving, flying target and doing so in full view of everyone who bothered to look down. And that's not even mentioning that dragon scales in GOT are supposed to be nigh impenetrable, especially to what is essentially a small ballista.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 am

The one good thing to come out of this trainwreck is that the normies have finally sufferred a Mass Effect effect.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue May 28, 2019 2:09 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 am
The one good thing to come out of this trainwreck is that the normies have finally sufferred a Mass Effect effect.
Whats a Mass Effect effect?
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Enyoing a piece of extraordinary media and being heavily invested in ti, even the parts later on you realize seem kind of lacking/rushed, all for it to go to hell in the final stretch.

Most people who played the original Mass Effect series have the same experience of any amazing game series, world and story basically ruined by the last 10 minutes.
0 x