The Mandalorian

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

The Mandalorian

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm

After watching 4 episodes of this show, I figure I can give a decent opinion on it.

Right now, I love it. A large reason as to why I love it is that the rest of Star Wars, especially the current mainline movies are utter shit, but if this show came out during the best days of the IP, I'd still consider it very good.

To be frank, it doesn't do anything remarkably revolutionary, but what it does, it does really well, especially for a TV show/series.

I do have some criticisms of the show, but none are dealbreakers in my mind.

I do like the down-to-earth perspective the show provides. It actually makes things that look like child's play for Jedi appear daunting and dangerous when the main character is just a powerful soldier, with no supernatural powers.
For instance, they made the SuperBattle Droids look menacing and dangerous, with barely any screen time or even made the AT-ST look imposing and overwhelming, even though in the back of my mind I know you can knock it out with two logs and a bunch of teddy bears...

The show is indeed a space western, but a good one at that. Some episodes are a little more blunt about what they are homaging/copying.

I recommend watching it, whether you have or wish to have Disney+ or have to let your pirate flag fly, because the service isn't available in your neck of the woods.

Mando and baby Yoda are saving Star Wars, which considering what I've heard of Episode IX, might be critical for the survival of this IP.
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Re: The Mandalorian

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:40 pm

I'm enjoying this show. Nice to have some real Star Wars back after Clone Wars CGI because these new films are not Star Wars.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:48 pm

The show concluded with an epic bang and some incongruities aside, without a doubt, this is an awesome series and fantastic Star Wars.

The wife and I can't wait for season 2.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:59 am

0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 am

I liked it a lot, I can't wait for season 2.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.