Samurai Jack Season 5

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Samurai Jack Season 5

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 pm

Might as well put it up since three episodes have passed.
Fanart for the episodes in spoiler tags due to size
Spoiler: Show

http://wildmanta.tumblr.com/post/158405785798/gotta

http://wildmanta.tumblr.com/post/158850750268/wildmanta

http://wildmanta.tumblr.com/post/158971907123
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Samurai Jack Season 5

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:20 am

Seasons been great so far. Actually liked the inclusion of Ashi and the fact she's not a Mary Sue.
One thing id like to complain about is she's suddenly on team jack which I get. I have no problem of Jack teaching her compassion and saving her soul. But the 800 lb gorilla in the room is Jack killed all her sisters and is that going to be addressed at all?

Other than that the show is awesome. I think Ashi is either going to be a sacrifice for Jack, die, or actually take his place.

Her character arc has to mean something. Either she serves as a sacrifice in that Jack has to give her up when he goes to the past to stop Aku or she sacrifices herself to save him at some point. The second scenario she dies just when Jack and her fall in love, demonstrating Aku is evil and making him beyond redemption (despite being pure evil his silliness makes him popular with the audience). Third option is she takes Jacks place in the past. Jack dies so Ashi steps up to go to the past and stop Aku.

There's the fourth option of happy ending for the two of them but I'm not sure. We'll see. I think it's more than likely Ashi will sacrifice herself or Jack will have to give her up to go to the past. Having her be the hero would be a surprise but it would shit on the entire story of Jack trying to save the day for fifty years
0 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Samurai Jack Season 5

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:23 pm

theamerican wrote:QR_BBPOST Seasons been great so far. Actually liked the inclusion of Ashi and the fact she's not a Mary Sue.
One thing id like to complain about is she's suddenly on team jack which I get. I have no problem of Jack teaching her compassion and saving her soul. But the 800 lb gorilla in the room is Jack killed all her sisters and is that going to be addressed at all?

Other than that the show is awesome. I think Ashi is either going to be a sacrifice for Jack, die, or actually take his place.

Her character arc has to mean something. Either she serves as a sacrifice in that Jack has to give her up when he goes to the past to stop Aku or she sacrifices herself to save him at some point. The second scenario she dies just when Jack and her fall in love, demonstrating Aku is evil and making him beyond redemption (despite being pure evil his silliness makes him popular with the audience). Third option is she takes Jacks place in the past. Jack dies so Ashi steps up to go to the past and stop Aku.

There's the fourth option of happy ending for the two of them but I'm not sure. We'll see. I think it's more than likely Ashi will sacrifice herself or Jack will have to give her up to go to the past. Having her be the hero would be a surprise but it would shit on the entire story of Jack trying to save the day for fifty years
wasn't during their Training scene they were basically taught not to help each other out(the part where one of the sisters tries to help Ashi) and that dying was failing (also little to no reaction to her death other then that she failed) that sort of training must of wrecked any sort of bond between the sisters.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

theamerican
Justice League

Samurai Jack Season 5

Sun May 14, 2017 8:46 am

So one episode left
looks my theory of Ashi having to die becomes more accurate. With the revelation she's part Aku, that means she has to die as well or will be the only one who can get close to him to kill him.

Next episode I think Aku has Jack prisoner (whether a day or years and maybe Jack regrows his beard). Scotsman will lead an Army again against Aku, giving Jack the opportunity to break free and fight. However he has to get through Ashi and Ashi knowing Jack won't kill her will kill herself (maybe taking Aku in the process) setting the stage for his destruction. Jack is then made king of the world and some time late the guardian arrives, allowing Jack to use the portal, sending him to the past to complete his destiny. He then probably dies or fades out of existence from time do to coming back in the past and killing Aku just after he chucked him into time, sacrificing himself.

It would be a very poetic ending, Ashi sacrifice stops Aku in the present, Jack's sacrifice stops Aku in the past. And the whole world remains unaware of their sacrifice.

Now it is possible this could be a happy ending, but considering the fact Ashi is part Aku, she either will die when Aku does or have to be killed to help eradicate his existence.

So basically my theory is. Aku seems triumphant, Scotsman leads an army to fight Aku, Jack is freed. Ashi sacrifices herself to stop Aku in the present. Jack becomes king. Jack gets to use the time portal in from the Guardian, Jack kills Aku in the past, Jack is erased from time.
0 x
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Samurai Jack Season 5

Tue May 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Well, that was...some finale, I've got to say.

Pretty rushed, though.
1 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Agent DC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Adam Strange

Samurai Jack Season 5

Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 am

Yeah I feel that they could have benefitted from 3 to 6 more episodes for this season. Overall it was nice that they were able to finally end the series properly after all these years.
1 x

theamerican
Justice League

Samurai Jack Season 5

Wed May 24, 2017 10:35 am

RadicalLogic wrote:Well, that was...some finale, I've got to say.

Pretty rushed, though.
Disagreed in the ending being rushed. I already wrote an elaborate review on the finale in the "7 Best TV Finales" thread in the General Talk section so I won't go in details. I'll admit I was worried the finale would be rushed last week when I learned it would only be a half hour, but found it worked out well. Show was always fast pace and after rewatching the whole show before season 5 I remember noticing the show seemed a lot more fast once per episode than a typical tv show (which usually is forty minutes to an hour). Show was always per plot pretty straightforwarded and fast moving.

Most the characters who appeared in the finale we only saw in one episode and never saw again. The real characters of the show was always Jack and Aku. Scotsman while one of the few recurring characters was still more of a side character.

Really Ashi was the first and only additional character who went through as much development as Jack and Aku. Thus the finale was really about the relationship between Ashi and Jack and the conflict of Jack and Aku. Extending the finale to focus more on one off characters making a cameo to come back to help Jack didn't need more time to demonstrate.
Agent DC wrote:Yeah I feel that they could have benefitted from 3 to 6 more episodes for this season. Overall it was nice that they were able to finally end the series properly after all these years.
Idk, even thirteen episodes seems to be a little bit of a stretch for serialized tv shows these days. Case in point, many of the Marvel tv series shows on Netflix seem to drag a little. Considering Samurai Jack was always a fast pace show as I mentioned above, I think more than one additional episode would drag the story on.

I think the last two minute shot of the show for example showing Jack at the tree and then the lady bug comes as the sun pierces the clouds for example did a lot more than if the show spent the time making an hour long finale and spending five to ten minutes of Jack grieving and moving on. As Aku actually says in the episode, sometimes the simplest solution is the best one
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Re: Samurai Jack Season 5

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:51 pm

Think they might have just retconned the ending due to time travel shenanigans.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm

So the real ending is in the game, I thought so. You know I would have been fine with the show ending if he had just killed Aku before he went back.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 am

Such a damn shame. I really like Ashi.
0 x