Star Wars

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:48 pm

ChainsOfMarkov wrote:
EDIT:

Speaking of weird and creepy Star Wars ships, prime example right here. And it's canon :P
Still better then Olicity.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

The Sulkier Clown
Justice League

Star Wars

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:44 pm

ChainsOfMarkov wrote:QR_BBPOSTI thought the same thing at first. When I was watching the trailer I was actually thinking "we get to see human version of Thrawn maybe?", but then its the Death Star so Tarkin seemed more likely. Speaking of which, I've heard good things about the Tarkin novel, I should read that sometime. It would be nice to see Vader's power and dominance on the big screen for a new generation of Star Wars fans.
Spoiler: Show
I've watched that episode after my buddy texted me and told me that I had to watch this one. No, until I see a body, I refuse to believe she's dead. Speaking of that episode, this was how I saw the duel through my Vader x Ahsoka shipper glasses

It's not creepy at all man. Vaders 37 at that point and she's 31. Half your age + 7 bro. Half your age + 7. Until I see a dead body, she's alive. I accept Vader x Ahoska will never happen though, at least LadyDae (writer who converted me) still writes fanfiction :D Speaking of which, I've heard Rebels is getting good, might try it again next season. At least I lowered my expectations now from Clone Wars season 5-6 levels haha.
Maybe, who knows. Clone Wars cartoons are still canon, there's a reason Disney didn't relegate it to Legends I think. Actually, what would also be nice to see are Old Republic stuff, I love pre-Phantom Menace Star Wars.
Its not Tarkin. Tarkin will be on the Death Star, not out in pursuit of the Rebels. Its not Thrawn either. Its a new character who is also a Grand Admiral. Let's just call him Grand Admiral "John Daggett" for now.
She's not dead. Didn't you see her walk away at the end? But the point is Vader is trying to kill her, and Ahsoka can see that her master is truly lost.

It's very creepy man. Remember that when they actually knew each other (and weren't trying to kill each other during their one-off meeting after that point), she was a 14 - 16 year old girl and he was her 20 something teacher? That alone is creepy. Also, half his age plus 7. That's at least 17. So your ship fails your own test. Sorry man, but it's creepy....
Because it was on TV and well known. Not so easy to dump like the Ewok shows from the 80s or the Holiday Special. Its always been the canon hierarchy in Star Wars. Films first, then TV, then the rest that isn't ruled out by those two, then anything left over is non-canon. The new films are changing from what was in the EU, so it now falls into the non-canon category. The Clone Wars isn't contradicted, so it stays. But it won't be revisited any time soon. That small, 3 year period has already had 3 movies and 2 full TV shows dedicated to it. There's a lot else for them to branch out into. And the love is for the Rebellion against the Empire, so that's the period they'll be looking heavily to first for the spin-offs.
0 x
Figured after recent times the foot of my posts needed a pun, so I had to shoehorn one in.

Tangerine...

ChainsOfMarkov
Teen Titan

Star Wars

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:00 pm

The Sulkier Clown wrote:QR_BBPOST
Its not Tarkin. Tarkin will be on the Death Star, not out in pursuit of the Rebels. Its not Thrawn either. Its a new character who is also a Grand Admiral. Let's just call him Grand Admiral "John Daggett" for now.
She's not dead. Didn't you see her walk away at the end? But the point is Vader is trying to kill her, and Ahsoka can see that her master is truly lost.

It's very creepy man. Remember that when they actually knew each other (and weren't trying to kill each other during their one-off meeting after that point), she was a 14 - 16 year old girl and he was her 20 something teacher? That alone is creepy. Also, half his age plus 7. That's at least 17. So your ship fails your own test. Sorry man, but it's creepy....
Because it was on TV and well known. Not so easy to dump like the Ewok shows from the 80s or the Holiday Special. Its always been the canon hierarchy in Star Wars. Films first, then TV, then the rest that isn't ruled out by those two, then anything left over is non-canon. The new films are changing from what was in the EU, so it now falls into the non-canon category. The Clone Wars isn't contradicted, so it stays. But it won't be revisited any time soon. That small, 3 year period has already had 3 movies and 2 full TV shows dedicated to it. There's a lot else for them to branch out into. And the love is for the Rebellion against the Empire, so that's the period they'll be looking heavily to first for the spin-offs.
Maybe you're right, I guess we'll find out when we see the movie.
Yeah, I saw her walking into the temple, but it's pretty ambiguous, since it could be a force ghost or something. Does fit the criteria of becoming a force ghost since if she died she'd died with love or something like that, can't remember the exact criteria without Wookiepedia. A lot of people think she's dead but I think she's still alive though. I don't know man, I haven't watched Rebels but I think she'll try to save Anakin but will recognize that killing him might be a necessity. He didn't give up on her when they were Jedi, I don't think she'll give up on him.

I have to disagree man. When they were Jedi, it obviously wouldn't have worked out for countless reasons and both of them wouldn't have tried anything. But it was clear that at that time, Ahsoka practically worshiped Anakin (prime examples being the Karen Traviss books), and she was the (or one of the) most important person to him for 2+ years.

I admit, Anisoka is pretty creepy (still better than Bruce and Barbara though), but Vader x Ahsoka on the other hand...Anisoka is the teenage girl and her early 20 something master ship but Vader x Ahsoka is between a broken Sith Lord in his mid 30s and a former Jedi in her early 30s that had a close relationship a long time ago. It's an entirely different ballgame. I get the argument that since they knew each other back then, it'll also be creepy because of their old dynamic, but keep in mind that they're almost completely different people from their Clone Wars days. If they got together now (again, which I realize will never ever happen) it'll be between a 37 and 31 year old that shared a past, not so creepy I think.
I thought when Disney took over, they changed the canon structure so all canon are equal and Legends is separate? I know there used to be different types of canon and stuff though. Yeah, I get that most people like Galactic Civil War though so it'll probably be covered first. Still, Clone Wars has a ton of stuff they can do if Disney wants to. Keep in mind that even though it was a 3 year period, it was a very...influential and destructive 3 years. If I was Disney though, I'd do Old Republic since its untapped material and people love (if success of KoToR is any indication).
0 x
I love the smell of napalm in the morning

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:35 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ddlo18
Titan

Star Wars

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Man Darth Vader had some bounce in his step.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:36 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:42 pm

There is a theory about Snoke being someone called Vitiate/Valkorion
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 am

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

The Sulkier Clown
Justice League

Star Wars

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Many Bothan's died to bring us this final trailer...
0 x
Figured after recent times the foot of my posts needed a pun, so I had to shoehorn one in.

Tangerine...

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

I do think that Vader will kill her that way to explain as why she never appears
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

The Sulkier Clown
Justice League

Star Wars

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST I do think that Vader will kill her that way to explain as why she never appears
Personally I don't think Vader's going to be in it a whole lot, and if he kills anybody it'll be Krennic, in the way only a Sith can pull off.

Although I got to admit I can see the final act being the capture of the Tantive IV, with whichever Rogue it was who survived long enough to take the plans there perhaps getting killed buying a certain plucky Princess the time to get the plans out of there as the Empire start boarding. And that could bring Vader into play. Personally I can see the last shot of the movie being Leia delivering the "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi..." line to R2-D2 before the credits suddenly roll.

Most of the Rogue's will probably get killed off, regardless. Perhaps with their legacy passing on to those X-Wing pilots to explain the repeat use of the name. A marriage of convenience between the Rogues and survivors of Red Squadron, perhaps...
0 x

Tangerine...

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:58 am

There is a scene where Vader wrecks shit I think it's towards the end judging by this https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

The Sulkier Clown
Justice League

Star Wars

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST
There is a scene where Vader wrecks shit I think it's towards the end judging by this https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/
Dude, just got back from seeing it, and it is absolutely f****** awesome. Not just that scene. The whole damn movie (although the second half is particularly brilliant). Best film in years.
0 x

Tangerine...

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:45 pm

The Sulkier Clown wrote:QR_BBPOST
Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST
Dude, just got back from seeing it, and it is absolutely f****** awesome. Not just that scene. The whole damn movie (although the second half is particularly brilliant). Best film in years.
https://vid.me/r5to the scene I was talking about if people really want to know
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

theamerican
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Lobo

Star Wars

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:25 am

Well just got back from the theaters. If Force Awakens was an apology to the fans for the Prequels, this one is blatant fan service. Definitely a decent Star Wars movie we've needed in awhile.
Overall I liked it. Usually this being a prequel there's a risk for it to suck but the film still finds away keeping you guessing and hoping in the seat. You find yourself emotionally caring for these characters even though deep down you got a bad feeling about this.

Film is not without fault. My two biggest complaints mainly the underdevelopment of the supporting cast of Rogue One and the waste of the villain.

Really the robot, Jen, and Diego Luna's character were the only fully developed ones. I'd like to know more about the blind guy, his friend, and the pilot besides the former two are badasses. Instead of wasting so much of the first third on Forrest Whitaker, we could've developed the three other members more. Really Forrest's character is a waste in this film. Really just eats up space and time. I'd actually like to see more of the Rogue One mission, as in it only focuses on the six team members and they undergo a complete suicide mission infiltration.

As for the villain. He was great actually. He was pretty menacing in a villain we hadn't seen in Star Wars yet. Palpatine was a politician, Dooku, a charismatic revolutionary, Maul a badass menace, Sidious as a force of evil, Vader a ruthless enforcer/thug, Tarkin a conniving general, we didn't have a bureaucratic villain. That's what he really is. A murderous bureaucrat intent on seeing his project finished. Ben Meddleson plays the character with much soft spoken exterior hiding a dangerous and in some ways desperate government official who will do what it takes. Also loved showing the power struggles between him and Tarkin because it shows the story from his point of view and you can understand why he is the way he is. Unfortunately in the climax his screen time and presence is reduced to make room for the stunning battle. I really wish to see more of him in the climax.

But as for the rest of the film. Well done. Vaders two scenes in the film were handled perfectly and the epic fight scene at the end was awesome. It was the Vader we always wanted to see. The battle scene was great too and loved how the film had the guts to pretty much kill off every character in this film to illustrate the costs of war.

More importantly, the film touches on some themes often not displayed in the other narrative. Are the rebels fully good? They're shown to be Machiavellian as well, willing to condemn one man to die who could help them for the greater good. And the rebels cause their own fair share of casualties to people who aren't evil.

Overal the film was good. Not quite at the original or Empire level, but definitely better if not more than Force Awkens and the Prequels
1 x
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Star Wars

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 am

Vaders "Castle" is actually on mustafar
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status ... 6356869120
Some weird choice of his. Lets build a fortress/Home on a place where I lost my limbs. What next Vader builds a house on a desert? (Anakin hates sand)
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

no avatar
CrazyPhenom
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Maxwell Lord

Star Wars

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:59 am

wait. Havent watched the movie yet, but wasnt his castle on Vjun?
0 x
Yup... Its 5AM.

"Grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester Nimitz

JL Member: Maxwell Lord

Adelaine
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Oracle

Star Wars

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:34 am

Just saw it! My sentiments are everything TA already said in spoiler tags. I think I actually like Rogue One best of all, since the original trilogy had a bit of a campy feel. Personal preference, of course.
I also felt the character development was spot on. I think the film would run a chance of being too stretched if they had focused on everybody, and the lack of information on the supporting characters adds to the anticipation that there could have been more. Sometimes not showing anything at all is what works best, as I think it does here.

Many Bothans did NOT die to bring them that information.
As DKV also said, it is indeed awesome AF.
0 x
I want to be in your reality.

theamerican
Justice League

Star Wars

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:51 am

CrazyPhenom wrote:QR_BBPOST
wait. Havent watched the movie yet, but wasnt his castle on Vjun?
He could have multiple castles. It's a big galaxy
0 x
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson

theamerican
Justice League

Star Wars

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:58 am

Adelaine wrote:QR_BBPOST Just saw it! My sentiments are everything TA already said in spoiler tags. I think I actually like Rogue One best of all, since the original trilogy had a bit of a campy feel. Personal preference, of course.
I also felt the character development was spot on. I think the film would run a chance of being too stretched if they had focused on everybody, and the lack of information on the supporting characters adds to the anticipation that there could have been more. Sometimes not showing anything at all is what works best, as I think it does here.

Many Bothans did NOT die to bring them that information.
As DKV also said, it is indeed awesome AF.
I think the problem is there were so many characters and that's always forcing the film to make some sacrifices. Often that sacrifice is the film is either ridiculously long or characters are underused. Really Saw was a useless character other than a ham fisted cameo to give a connection to the Clone Wars. We really don't get to see the group as a whole interact much as a group. The blind guy and his buddy are just there almost. Still film makes up for it in other areas but it easily could've been on a greater level than it already was with a little more development on the characters.

I know the creators were trying to bring more racial diversity and although got many opinions on it which I don't need to share on here, if the film didn't make the underdeveloped supporting cast at least interesting, it runs the risk of them being tokens or the magic negro. Thankfully all the characters were well rounded enough, just wish we got to see more of them bouncing off altogether.
0 x