Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive

annaoi
Titan

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 am

Saw the movie... and man, it gave another ship/OTP.
If you haven't heard about it, here's the info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5595168/

and the trailer:
It was just an OK movie when it comes to the story. But the graphics and cinematography were nice. Fight scenes were awesome. The characters were likable. It certainly feels like a Final Fantasy story. But of course the story itself is a little too jam packed and there were details that left for the viewer's imagination. I think it needed work with the back story - a lot of questions formed with the how and the why.

The only major problem I had was Noctis (as seen in the end credits) still having that 2005 character design while Nyx and the others in the movie are obviously more modern.

It's a flawed movie but the grandeur and the graphics outweighed the problems. But if I'm wearing my shipping glasses, I'd think it's an awesome movie because of the chemistry between Nyx and Luna lol.
Last edited by annaoi on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Agent DC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Adam Strange

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:00 am

Check it out later, looks good
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:07 am

I especially liked the CGI used for this movie and would love a DC movie done like this it would probably look like the Arkham games trailers which is good
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:19 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST I especially liked the CGI used for this movie and would love a DC movie done like this it would probably look like the Arkham games trailers which is good
Come to think of it, back in 2004/2005 (or was it 2003? I forgot) when I heard that they were planning to make a JL movie, I immediately thought that animation would work better than live action because I've always thought back then that live action was going to suck for a group of superheroes. I was already imagining a 3D animation film. If only the technology that they used for Kingsglaive was available back then, it would've been perfect.

But yeah... the Avengers movie changed all that for me. Live action seemed feasible now, but I've always have a special consideration for this kind of CGI animation. I hope Kingsglaive would become popular enough so that more stuff like this get produced.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:05 am

Honestly I just want a DC movie that looks like this it would be amazing and could take the characters straight from the comic page to the big screen
0 x

annaoi
Titan

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:14 am

I hope for it too, ThatOneGuy. ;)

If Kingsglaive gets enough attention, then people might get inspired and create another one of it's kind. Maybe DC execs would pick up the idea. We'll never know *shrugs*.
0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:30 am

A rather important question.
Did Sean Bean die in it?
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

annaoi
Titan

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST A rather important question.
Did Sean Bean die in it?
Just in case you really wanna know...
Spoiler: Show
Casting him is already a spoiler, isn't it? lol... And yep, his character dies. But the game trailers did mention that before this movie came out, it's obviously not a surprise to those who follow the game's updates. For me, I only got spoiled enough because of Sean Been alone rofl
0 x

Adelaine
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Oracle

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:53 am

I watched it today, and the graphics is just *swoon*. I really like the cinematography of the final battle. It feels very Final Fantasy and harkens me to the original FFIV and FFVI during the video game series' heyday.

About FFXV, like I always say about the to-be released DCEU movies,
Spoiler: Show
PLEASE DON'T SUCK x10000000
0 x
I want to be in your reality.