Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Nice to see that a group of the guards do chill out in Riften
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Re: Ingame:ScreenShots

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:56 am

Final battle of the Invasion of Briton by Legion XIV Flavia Firma against the Iceni Tribe

Light Scouts vs Cataphracts is a bad idea unless the cataphracts don't charge. 80 to 19 in one charge.
Spoiler: Show

The Battle rages on

The Defense of Charax by Legion XXX Ulpia Victrix against the Persians

Early Attempts of Pike used against Batavian auxiliaries fail.
They Send forth their Elephants!

The Siege Rages on

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Beyond Skyrim Bruma

What's this madness non-Solitude/Windhelm npcs taking about the Civil war

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:03 pm

So, thought I take advantage of the Steam Summer Sale and bought all Mount and Blades I could find.

Started playing a version called Fire and Sword which is all about war in 17th century Eastern Europe.

So, very quick summary of the story so far.

Met some French dude that tells me the basics of what a mercenary needs to know to survive in this area.

Thought it would be kind of fun to play a Turk, or some other member of a middle eastern ethnicity in this kind of setting. So I made one with a really cool moustache.

I am supposed to go to a village near Smolensk and talk with the village elder.

On my way there I have to survive a swordfight in a tavern for some stupid reason.

The village elder tells me some more complicated political stuff I have to explain some other time and asks me to talk to the local Warlord and convince him to lower the taxes.

In order to do so I completed a small bounty hunting mission... I hope this improves my repuatation or something, but after that bloody duel I am not so sure :lol:
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 pm

More Beyond Skyrim stuff
Imperial City

They make use of ESO's Imperial Banner

Alyeid ruin
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:18 am

I am going to post some more screenshots when I can continue to play this evening.

Wonder which faction I should join later on the game. I have a soft spot for the Crimean Khanate... alltough I am not sure which faction I should fight against if Mount and Blade lets me choose. Poland? Russia? Or maybe Sweden?

What do you think, Darkknightsvengence?

---

Interestingly the trilogy of books the game is based on is from the same author that won the Noble Prize for his Christian novel "Quo Vadis" in 1905 - Henryk Sienkiewicz. This was later adapted into a movie with Peter Ustinov as emperor Nero.

His works seem like very interesting reads, well researched, but not always historical accurate...

They also apparently include some fairy tale elements. Which I find interesting, since Andrzej Sapkowski (you know, the guy who wrote the Witcher), another Polish author, did the same in his books about the Hussite Wars.
I think it´s pretty certain that he knows With Fire and Sword well.

---

Okay, back to Mount and Blade.

So, on my quest to help the poor village I come across a couple of interesting characters in another tavern. The first is a guy looking for men to claim the throne of Poland for himself. Apparently he is not pleased that the king is elected by the aristocracy now and that his allegedly superior claim is ignored. The other is a excommunicated priest who joins my party for free and wields a mighty pike. I also hire some more pikemen.

After some more adventuring I can convince the Warlord to take a bribe instead of the taxes :)

I also come across a skirmish between some Tatars and Cossacks. Don´t ask me who is winning, but it seems all factions are pretty much evenly matched at this point.

I also got much better equipment than what I started out with. At this point I look like some kind of black musketeer. I mostly fight with the sword from horseback, though, backed up by pikemen and some light cavalry.

Oh, there is also someone who wants me to take care of two warmongering nobles, one among the Tatars and one on the side of the Cossacks, so there can be peace.
Since I am currently tending to favor the Crimean Khanate I really want to complete this quest. If there is one faction weaker than the others it seems to be the Tatars, so just focusing on a single enemy (the other is Poland I think) would make sense I believe.
However, the quest seems much too difficult at this point, with nobody willing to cooperate. Am I just supposed to ambush these mother******* and hold them captive?? If so I probably wasted a good opportunity with the Tatar campaigning in Cossack territory.

0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 pm

More adventures in Eastern Europe!

Had a couple of chats with King John Casimir of Poland. Of course he was less than pleased about hearing about the Lithuanian noble that wants to take his throne. According to him this rebels claims are as ridicilous as his pockets are deep...

There also was a fun little battle in which my troops stormed the wagon fort of some brigands.

I also protected a Tatar village against some plundering Cossacks. Which apparently makes me their enemy now...

I also ransomed a girl that had been kidnapped by bandits.

Oh, and while recruiting some more cavalrymen on Swedish territory to be better prepared against Cossack patrols (which I later fought twice) I came across fromer Queen Christina. Queen of "all Goths and Wends". I think I read about Swedish rulers carrying that title before...
Anyway, she as well looks for people who can help her depose the current King. Interestingly her mother belongs to the German Hohenzollern dynasty.
She boast with her education and says she can easily depose Carl Gustav, the man she apparently named her succesor, yet deposed her after her victory in the Thirty Years War. I am not so sure...

0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:44 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:59 pm

So, in Mount and Blade I now completly joined the side of the Tartars, which makes the Cossacks and Russia my enemies now.

The Khan trusted me with gathering taxes, which gave me the opportunity to buy really expensive armor. He didn´t suspect a thing and was satisfied with a sum of about 6000 coins ^^

Oh, apparently now I also have the option of selling prisoners into slavery...

Oh, and I also met two new companion, a Russian sharpshooter and a Turkish (??) executioner. The former must have died or been injured in a battle, maybe I´ll reunite with him again at some point...

Captured two fortresses (which were then recaptured by the Cossacks) and won some battles for the Khan. I also fought a battle that was really risky, and lost. But this gave me the opportunity to finish an Infiltration quest for which I needed very few soldiers to succeed.

0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:45 am

I found a Oblivion Gate
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 am

Some more fighting...

... and I was able to replace my Russian musketeer with a Swedish one who fought in one of the last battles of the Thirty Years War.

Music to conquer Constantinople to? Even had some janissaries among my troops temporarily...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... dePolandTo

Alltough maybe I really should have joined the Cossacks instead of fighting them....
Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks depicts a supposedly historical tableau, set in 1676, and based on the legend of Cossacks sending a reply to an ultimatum of the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, Mehmed IV. The original reply, if it ever existed, has not survived; however....[citation needed]
"Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:
As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.
--Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV

The Cossacks' reply came as a stream of invective and vulgar rhymes, parodying the Sultan's titles:[citation needed]

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!
O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.
Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!
So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host."

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_ ... n_Cossacks

:lol:
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Made lots of progress in Mount and Blade...

There is that dude Lukian Mozira (always forget that name) who beat me in battle. Guess that makes him my archenemy or something now. Hope I will get my revenge one day... beat lots of Cossacks generals already (by supporting Tartar troops), though. Maybe he even was among them once.

Stormed the walls of an important Cossack town.

And another one.

Yup, we are making progress in this war. I also got my own fief close to this city. My subjects hate me because I plundered there village several times before we captured it... but that doesn´t seem to have any effect.

Oh, and my Swedish musketeer bonded with our Polish priest over their mutual love for Jesus, battle and alcohol, despite the musketeer being a Protestant.
Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Jews...we don´t discriminate around here!

There was also this weird campaign against the Russians were we beat back wave after wave they send against us but weren´t able to capture the fortress we set out to conquer :bawl:

A Tatar´s life is a hard one.

One of the Russian Princes seemed oddly happy that I kicked his subject´s ass.

Also managed to free a Swedish general from Russian captivity. I think they now even robbed the Czar of a fortress or two.

Check out Ali all covered in Cossack (an his own) blood. The new sword is difficult to handle, but the Turkish shield holds off a lot more enemy attacks. All in all I think he looks pretty cool now. Even like the new helm better I think.

Wrong war, but great song^^
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Played the Viking Mod for Mount and Blade a bit as a Christian Frisian warrior whom I named after this guy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn_(Frisian)

Story starts in 867 as Finn is looking for a "sorcerer" that might cure his ill mother.

But the ship is attacked by a powerful viking and he is sepperated from her. On his quest to find out more about the attacker he ends up helping some poor Frisian villagers against bandits....

And enters the service of an untrustworthy Danish Jarl.

The plot has more twists than I can retell at the Moment. But I am playing Finn as sort of a naive, pious young man just kinda stumbling from one misadventure to the next which fits quite well with how the events progress. Right now I need to get a valuable book from an Irish monastery for the port master of Ribe and Finn refused to sack it because wizards are one thing but killing clergy....

He had no problem handing a poor peasants land to church when the Jarl ordered him to do this, though.
Of course he ended up betrayed by his employer. But hey, at least he will get more infortmation on his mothers whereabouts if he can make a deal with these foreign monks...
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 pm

Black and White 2
How not to treat the locals

Now for some City Screenshots

On an Evil alignment (The above is on good)

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 am

More Black and White 2

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:29 am

Had to move the forest and remove the Lumbermill to make way for more food production had enough wood just had an issue with a food shortage.

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Finally got Warhammer 2 to install.

Chose to pick a fight with the Red Duke to aid Bretonnia as the Empire

How to gain Traits for killing all Vampire Counts lords in one battle

Only really won that due to AI recruitment stupidity way too many Skeletons, Zombies and Crypt Ghouls. Kemmler and Ghorst fell to Handgunner fire while Mannfred was fighting Volkmar and Franz at the same time before getting finished off by Handgunners

Do plan to play HE Vortex after Empire Mortal Empires play though. (i'll be finished once I have control of the Empire, Border Princes, Tilea, Araby and the New World Colonies.)
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

no avatar
CrazyPhenom
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Maxwell Lord

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:06 am

Heh. Congrats. Im doing an Empire campaign as well. With Balty tho. I kinda rekt Bretonnia, they took Marienburg without asking me.... And you are right the AI recruitment sucks. Like I understand them not having Blood Knights or a motis engine, their settlements were only lvl3. But the lack of Grave Guard and Horrors was disturbing. Need a good mod for that. Only found 1 so far, and that prevents AI from using Cav Archers, which isnt fair to Chaos.
0 x
Yup... Its 5AM.

"Grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester Nimitz

JL Member: Maxwell Lord

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 am

CrazyPhenom wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:06 am
Heh. Congrats. Im doing an Empire campaign as well. With Balty tho. I kinda rekt Bretonnia, they took Marienburg without asking me.... And you are right the AI recruitment sucks. Like I understand them not having Blood Knights or a motis engine, their settlements were only lvl3. But the lack of Grave Guard and Horrors was disturbing. Need a good mod for that. Only found 1 so far, and that prevents AI from using Cav Archers, which isnt fair to Chaos.
Bretonnia did the same it's how Franz got KIngslayer. as Louen chose to Sally out of Marienburg so I took Marienburg and got peace a few turns after and saw that the Red Duke had chosen to try take advantage of my little war with Louen which lead to that battle.

Also had to install it an awkward way.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:05 am

Doesn´t look like I will be finishing the story mode of the Viking mod for Mount and Blade. The last battle is just a pain in the a** with endless waves of enemies and after that not much happens.

Maybe it´s time I finally try out CK2....
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft