Re: TellTale Batman.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Spoiler: Show
Shows the tear gas option
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 am

Darkknightsvengence wrote:
Not going to watch that because its the option I´d probably choose :) Seems a bit more Batman like.
Interesting to see not only Waller but also Tiffany in the game. I like that she knows Alfred as well. Wonder when we are going to see Barbara Gordon. She was mentioned in James codex file in the first game.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:46 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Not going to watch that because its the option I´d probably choose :) Seems a bit more Batman like.
Interesting to see not only Waller but also Tiffany in the game. I like that she knows Alfred as well. Wonder when we are going to see Barbara Gordon. She was mentioned in James codex file in the first game.
About tactical choices
She still bitches about the Tear Gas being used like sure hostages were harmed from the use of gas but would you prefer them rescued quickly with zero casualties or with casualties
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 am

Ghost13 wrote:
About tactical choices
She still bitches about the Tear Gas being used like sure hostages were harmed from the use of gas but would you prefer them rescued quickly with zero casualties or with casualties
Hm, the hostages. Did bursting through the front door result in casualties? °_° I wonder if riddler will remain relevant after this episode or if he will be caught like Falcone in the first game. That already was quite a beating Bruce gave him.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

About tactical choices
Hm, the hostages. Did bursting through the front door result in casualties? °_° I wonder if riddler will remain relevant after this episode or if he will be caught like Falcone in the first game. That already was quite a beating Bruce gave him.
Not Hostage ones but police ones Waller mentions it if you go frontal about casualties but mentions hostage injuries from tear gas
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:52 am

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 am
Ghost13 wrote:

About tactical choices
Not Hostage ones but police ones Waller mentions it if you go frontal about casualties but mentions hostage injuries from tear gas
Ah, than the latter really is the better option.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:58 am

Pre-ordered the game today ^^

0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:42 am

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:17 am

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:42 am
Great... to spoil myself part of the episode, or not to spoil myself part of the Episode? :lol:
So Lucius dies? Fuck, that was fast... A real punch in the gut

Huh, another story were Joker and Riddler are arch enemies.

An E-Mail "From H." Hugo maybe?

Should have tried to take the info from Mori with force, shouldn´t he?

Harley confirmed. Guess Riddler won´t be joining Suicide Squad, though...
Got to say this version of Joker is growing on me. He acts a lot more like a real mental patient might behave.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:43 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:59 pm

So, episode one sure wasn´t bad. I think I enjoyed it a lot more than the finale of the first season. My decisions back then -

- I saved Harvey instead of Selina (He seemed a lot more vulnerable.)

- Had sex with Selina (It was almost inevitable.)

- I tried to break up the riot in Arkham and didn´t promise Joker a favor. (Didn´t feel like doing a deal with the devil.)

- Went after Penguin first (Which helped me recover my Tech.)

- Became Catwoman´s enemy instead of her friend (She was sort of asking for it.)

- Revealed my identity to Vickie (Everything to safe Alfred.)

- Gave the money to Arkham instead of the GCPD (They really needed it more. And what´s the point in catching criminals if you can´t reform/imprison them?)

- Went as Bruce Wayne. (I like being able to play as him. Adds a very cool James Bond element to the game.)
Some screenshots I made of Season Two, with commentary...

I tried to play nice with Waller.

Mulder and Scully are after me and they know about my connection to Joker....

Promised Lucius to take care of Tiffany for him. This probably means she won´t be joining our crew, alltough I really wish she could.

Yeah, I don´t feel like doing any favors for Joker. But I will indulge him as long as he is useful.

I managed to keep my friendship with Gordon.

He forgave me for not telling him about Lucius.

Still doing anything so Alfred doesn´t get traumatized even further.

Taught Mori a lesson about trying to mess with Bruce Wayne.

Agent Scully went deaf, but at least her friends are safe.

I told Riddler that he was basicly just a pawn. Almost tragic how he was killed considering how the game implies that the pre Waller Agency was what broke him. Also pretty ironic since Jim wished he and his allies would just kill each other off. Now it is making things more difficult and not easier.

I am looking forward to seeing what Telltale does with Joker and Harley. Considering that they added a twist to every villain we´ve encountered so far I almost suspect it was Harley that made the Joker who he is, not the other way around, since this seems to be the first time John ever commited any large crime.

She also might have been the one who send Riddler that E-Mail. That H could stand for Harley instead of Hugo Strange.
Last edited by Ghost13 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
I am looking forward to seeing what Telltale does with Joker and Harley. Considering that they added a twist to every villain we´ve encountered so far I almost suspect it was Harley that made the Joker who he is, not the other way around, since this seems to be the first time John ever commited any large crime.

She also might have been the one who send Riddler that E-Mail. That H could stand for Harley instead of Hugo Strange.
[/spoiler]
That would actually be a new way of doing it. have Harley as the aggressor.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 pm
Ghost13 wrote:

[/spoiler]
That would actually be a new way of doing it. have Harley as the aggressor.
Jup, I really think she was starting to take advantage of John somehow when she discovered his tendency to get obsessed with people he meets. Also notice how the Agency knows about Harley but not him.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 am

I really don't know how to feel about this. For one, I didn't really enjoy Season One all that much (Lady Arkham was a series of dull cliches built on top of one another and Batman tended to veer between competent to moron depending on the plot's demands, which is bad storytelling) and Season Two really rubbed me the wrong way with these "shock deaths". Generally, it leads to what I call the George Martin Effect, where shock deaths substitute for an interesting plot.

Also, Harley as an international mastermind made me roll my eyes (plus I'm really freakin' fed up with DC trying to push her everywhere, she's not that interesting of a character, fellas. Especially sans Joker) although I guess given what they did with Vicki Vale, it was sort of expected.

The e-mail to Riddler most certainly came from Harley, Waller confirms this at the end of the episode when talking to Batman.

And finally, Telltale's laziness pisses me off. Not a single fucking choice you make in these "games" matters. Not a single one.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 am
I really don't know how to feel about this. For one, I didn't really enjoy Season One all that much (Lady Arkham was a series of dull cliches built on top of one another and Batman tended to veer between competent to moron depending on the plot's demands, which is bad storytelling) and Season Two really rubbed me the wrong way with these "shock deaths". Generally, it leads to what I call the George Martin Effect, where shock deaths substitute for an interesting plot.

Also, Harley as an international mastermind made me roll my eyes (plus I'm really freakin' fed up with DC trying to push her everywhere, she's not that interesting of a character, fellas. Especially sans Joker) although I guess given what they did with Vicki Vale, it was sort of expected.

The e-mail to Riddler most certainly came from Harley, Waller confirms this at the end of the episode when talking to Batman.

And finally, Telltale's laziness pisses me off. Not a single fucking choice you make in these "games" matters. Not a single one.
Not a fan of Game of Thrones? :) What do you mean exactly with "Batman tended to veer between competent and moron?" That kinda depended on how you play as far as I remember.

All in all the plot of the first Season wasn´t too bad in my opinion. The stuff with Falcone and the Waynes was great if you ask me, as well as the chance to really use Bruce Wayne to ones advantage.

I can´t stand Harley in the comics right now, either, but here she seems interesting enough so far. I suspect I will like her a whole lot more than Lady Arkham, who at least had Oz to compensate for the silliness of the character.
As Darkknightsvengence said we haven´t really seen a version of Harley where she is the "dominant one" in the relationship between her and Joker and I am optimistic after how fun dealing with their version of Riddler was. Usually I am not a fan of making this character more bloodthirsty or good in combat... yet here it worked perfectly.
Oh... and the personality of Joker is awesome. He feels so much more believeable than the comic character. I love how he is trying to seem and behaves in that awkward, creepy way... only to lash out at people later. His scenes feel a lot like dealing with someone who is sick in the mind in real life. I can totally see how Harley could have used him for her plans (and maybe trained him within Arkham which would explain why he is able to fight Batman in close combat later on) whereas Joker making her love him in the comics always seemed like a bit of a stretch. Can´t wait to see how he will react to my decisions later in the game.

I sometimes get that feeling that the decisions you make don´t matter enough as well. But they seem to have improved that a little. I expect quite a lot of character development from Alfred, Tiffany and Gordon based on your decisions. It also will be interesting to see how Selina will react when she meets me again.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:51 pm

I'd say Telltale's Batman is what Batman comics could be like if they actually changed things properly in their reboots instead of It's a reboot but the main events of previous comics are totally canon. Based on the things they have changed afterall.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:51 pm
I'd say Telltale's Batman is what Batman comics could be like if they actually changed things properly in their reboots instead of It's a reboot but the main events of previous comics are totally canon. Based on the things they have changed afterall.
Yeah, they definately aren´t afraid to take some risks ^^ I am really looking forward to the trailer for the next episode and see how Harley, bane and their other ally look in this universe.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 am

New screenshots :D

Episode 2, "the Pact" is out on september 26. I like the Harley screenshot. From all of the modern redesigns of the character I´ve seen, this might be the best. Seems like they are actually making her a serious villain this time.

Still pretty sure her mysterious third ally is
Hugo Strange. It would be kinda fitting, they are both psychologists.

0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:18 pm

The game has been delayed and will now come out Octobre 3rd... Telltale hasn´t explained why.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Kinda dig the trailer. Even Harley doesn't seem as annoying as she usually is, which is probably partially down to the absence of Tara Strong's grating voice.

I'm still trying to place the voice though. Is it Hynden Walch?
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman