Middle-Earth: Shadows of War

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Last edited by Darkknightsvengence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Last edited by Darkknightsvengence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:41 am

Darkknightsvengence wrote:QR_BBPOST
Wasn't looking forwards to this game before, but I do now. Glad they expanded upon the Nemesis system. Thats the most interesting aspect of the game if you ask me. Alltough just once I would like to see a good action rpg with the Orcs as the protagonists.

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/23
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am

Yeah the gameplay trailer kinda blew me away. This reminds me that I have yet to finish the two DLC chapters from the first game.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST Yeah the gameplay trailer kinda blew me away. This reminds me that I have yet to finish the two DLC chapters from the first game.
I am still a little sceptical, though. This looked almost too cinematic. Reminds me a little of the gameplay trailer for Assassins Creed 2. Back then I was pretty amazed at how fluent the fighting looked, it was almost like watching a movie, and when the game was finally released it was nothing like that.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOST I am still a little sceptical, though. This looked almost too cinematic. Reminds me a little of the gameplay trailer for Assassins Creed 2. Back then I was pretty amazed at how fluent the fighting looked, it was almost like watching a movie, and when the game was finally released it was nothing like that.
I remember watching trailers for Shadow of Mordor and thinking "noway this is all randomized and in-game" but as it turned out it was all not scripted, thanks to the Nemesis system. So while I agree that the Gameplay footage seemed too cinematic to be all random and unique for every player, I still trust Monolith after what they did with the first game.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:17 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
Ghost13 wrote:QR_BBPOST I am still a little sceptical, though. This looked almost too cinematic. Reminds me a little of the gameplay trailer for Assassins Creed 2. Back then I was pretty amazed at how fluent the fighting looked, it was almost like watching a movie, and when the game was finally released it was nothing like that.
I remember watching trailers for Shadow of Mordor and thinking "noway this is all randomized and in-game" but as it turned out it was all not scripted, thanks to the Nemesis system. So while I agree that the Gameplay footage seemed too cinematic to be all random and unique for every player, I still trust Monolith after what they did with the first game.
Yeah, the first game did not dissapoint. Who knows, this might become my my favourite game of 2017 alongside Deliverance:Kingdome Come.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Re: Middle-Earth: Shadows of War

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:08 am

You know I had been avoiding some of the newer trailers for the game because I didn't want it spoiled for me, but seeing as Shelob (my favorite monster from Lord of the Rings) would be making an appearance in the game, I finally broke down and watched the trailer.
You know, on a couple of thumbnails I went past on Youtube I'd seen that there would be a sexy lady in a black dress in the game, but some naive part of me had simply refused to believe that Lord of the Rings monstrous mother of all giant spiders (yes I've read the The Silmarillion, but I don't even remember that one's name) would be her. Why?! Why did we have to do this?! Why did we have to sex up Shelob of all fucking things?!
In the books Shelob was so monstrous and uniquely evil in her own right, that Sauron had let her have free reign in his kingdom and devour as many of his underlings as she liked! Her arachnid form and alien intellect had made her almost a Lovecraftian horror that haunted the dreaded land of Mordor until the bad ass of all bad ass Hobbits finally put her down. And now she's an evil seductress sexy lady. This is why we can't have nice things.
My brother and I have already preordered the Gold Edition of this game, and really everything else in it looks really good, but this little development has cast the whole thing in a bad fanfiction light that its predecessor had managed to avoid.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Why?! Why did we have to do this?! Why did we have to sex up Shelob of all fucking things?!
In the books Shelob was so monstrous and uniquely evil in her own right, that Sauron had let her have free reign in his kingdom and devour as many of his underlings as she liked! Her arachnid form and alien intellect had made her almost a Lovecraftian horror that haunted the dreaded land of Mordor until the bad ass of all bad ass Hobbits finally put her down. And now she's an evil seductress sexy lady. This is why we can't have nice things.
My brother and I have already preordered the Gold Edition of this game, and really everything else in it looks really good, but this little development has cast the whole thing in a bad fanfiction light that its predecessor had managed to avoid.
Poor Lord of the Ring fans.

I´d say they did it because humanizing Shelob helps tell the story. But then they also simply could have let you talk to her as a Spider (like Bilbo did in the Hobbit maybe) or make her look like some kind of ugly witch or something...

:lol:
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am

0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:44 am

Helm Hammerhand a Nazgul?
"We try to be very true to the events as they're known. In some ways, it's almost historical fiction. And we'd already done that as well in Shadow of Mordor."

"So we try to be very accurate to the events and the things that took place, and their connections to each other..."
Then proceeds to turn Helm Hammerhand into a Nazgul

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 am

Darkknightsvengence wrote:
"We try to be very true to the events as they're known. In some ways, it's almost historical fiction. And we'd already done that as well in Shadow of Mordor."

"So we try to be very accurate to the events and the things that took place, and their connections to each other..."

I would've thought Sexy Shelob, a Balrog in Mordor, Minas Ithil getting overrun by Sauron's forces in Bilbo's lifetime instead of a millennia earlier, black Gondorians, women in Gondorian armies (regardless of political inclination, those things run contrary to the lore), fanfiction-tier "servant of Galadriel", Lithariel, Torvin, Sauron having a physical form without the Ring of Power, etc, would be enough to out Monolith as liars.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:37 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 am
Darkknightsvengence wrote:

I would've thought Sexy Shelob, a Balrog in Mordor, Minas Ithil getting overrun by Sauron's forces in Bilbo's lifetime instead of a millennia earlier, black Gondorians, women in Gondorian armies (regardless of political inclination, those things run contrary to the lore), fanfiction-tier "servant of Galadriel", Lithariel, Torvin, Sauron having a physical form without the Ring of Power, etc, would be enough to out Monolith as liars.
I could understand the Black Gondorian if he states that his family moved away from where ever Tolkien put them (Should remain a minority and Talion should at least talk of it unless he's too busy) but yeah the Female one doesn't make sense I'd understand Rangers better then the Soldiers it's more they just tend not to be human in that world. And Gondor Rangers are too soon as they events that made them haven't happened yet.

looked up this about the female warriors in Tolkiens world
http://middle-earth.xenite.org/are-ther ... iterature/

I pretty much saw the video in which they said that not long after the Helm Hammerhand one (forgot if it's in the same video)
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Well not just Helm Hammerhand got turned into a nazgul
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 am

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Spoilers for the ending, if people don't care that much about story:
Spoiler: Show
Talion kills one of the Ringwraiths and takes his place as a Nazgul, Celebrimbor fuses with the elf assassin chick and fights Sauron, who kicks the shit out of her and then proceeds to fuse with Celebrimbor to create the eye atop Barad-Dur.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

no avatar
CrazyPhenom
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Maxwell Lord

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Spoiler: Show
people might not like the implications of it, but that seems like a decent way to tie things up
0 x
Yup... Its 5AM.

"Grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester Nimitz

JL Member: Maxwell Lord