Assassins Creed Origins

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Assassins Creed Origins

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Last edited by Darkknightsvengence on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Re: Assassins Cheese I mean Creed Origins

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:
Seems as if at least part of the story will take place during the fifth Dynasty -

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/ ... s-3651475/
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
Seems as if at least part of the story will take place during the fifth Dynasty -

I did talk to my Brother about a part of it being around Caesars time in Egypt so it would explain the Romans along with the Egyptian buildings also with Caesar backing backed by Templars but not being a Templar himself could be interesting which would also be kinda tragic like after the Civil War he tries to turn against the Templars and is assassinated by the assassins.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Not bad at all i feel as if this could be a new high for the series the history element is back all that's missing is dat boy Desmond
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 am

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 pm
Ghost13 wrote:

I did talk to my Brother about a part of it being around Caesars time in Egypt so it would explain the Romans along with the Egyptian buildings also with Caesar backing backed by Templars but not being a Templar himself could be interesting which would also be kinda tragic like after the Civil War he tries to turn against the Templars and is assassinated by the assassins.
We’re going back to Ancient Egypt for Assassin’s Creed Origins, and we’re going to be playing Bayek of Siwa. He’s the last of an Egyptian military order called the Medjay, and is famous in some areas of the world. The story takes place during the transitory period between the Macedonian Empire and the Ptolemaic Kingdom, roughly about 300 BC.

Bayek is a hero in his hometown, but is looked down upon as an example of previous rule by those in the more Greek Ptolemy-influenced areas; the Medjay are no longer required now that Pharaohs are a relic of the past.

Otherwise, we don’t know a huge amount - Bayek is going to start the Brotherhood of Assassin’s as he believes the gods of Egypt are on his side, but we don’t know a huge amount about his motives and goals.
Explains the armor of the enemies in the trailer.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-cree ... quirements

Interesting.
After the 20th Dynasty, the term Medjay is no longer found in Egyptian written records. Egyptologists do not know whether the Medjay as an occupation had been abolished or the name had just been changed. However, there is speculation that a group of people called the Meded who fought against the Kush during the 5th and 4th centuries B.C. might have been related to the Medjay.[6] Regardless, there is no doubt that the Medjay played an important role in Ancient Egypt, first as foreign mercenaries employed by the Egyptian army and later as a paramilitary police force that guarded royal palaces and tombs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medjay#CI ... kinson2005
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:00 am

So there must be time skips because there were literally a post-Marian Roman soldier in the trailer
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:11 am

So there must be time skips because there were literally a post-Marian Roman soldier in the trailer
Yup. At what point did you see the Roman soldiers? I saw what looks like a Roman commander in the gameplay walktrough at 5:07.

Also, quite a lot of websites report that the game is set during the time of Cleopatra VII, the one everybody knows.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Yup. At what point did you see the Roman soldiers? I saw what looks like a Roman commander in the gameplay walktrough at 5:07.

Also, quite a lot of websites report that the game is set during the time of Cleopatra VII, the one everybody knows.

1:17 the Main Character is attacking a Centurion judging by the helmet.
edit there's also a Roman arena earlier in the video.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:38 am

Ghost13 wrote:

That looks like a Centurio´s helmet but the armor is wrong... then again the Greek soldiers also seem to be lighter armored than they usually were. Not sure if they ever took armor off because of heat etc while on duty.

Did the Romans ever built an Arena in Egypt? The guy he is fighting looks like a Greek warrior and not any kind of Roman gladiator I know of... I kinda suspect they added this to the Greek period. Why not? We also apparently have monsters now in Assassins Creed.

Wish the fake oracle the protagonist kills in the gameplay was based on a real person so we could tell in which time period that takes place.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:52 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

That looks like a Centurio´s helmet but the armor is wrong... then again the Greek soldiers also seem to be lighter armored than they usually were. Not sure if they ever took armor off because of heat etc while on duty.

Did the Romans ever built an Arena in Egypt? The guy he is fighting looks like a Greek warrior and not any kind of Roman gladiator I know of... I kinda suspect they added this to the Greek period. Why not? We also apparently have monsters now in Assassins Creed.

Wish the fake oracle the protagonist kills in the gameplay was based on a real person so we could tell in which time period that takes place.
Well the Centurion isn't wearing armour (other then his helmet) which is a bit odd.
The Roman Arena is a bit odd especially with the "Gladiators"
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 am

Ghost13 wrote:

Well the Centurion isn't wearing armour (other then his helmet) which is a bit odd.
Then again the Assassins Creed series never took this too seriously. I mean, look at their take on Janissaries -

vs

Still, I hope the Gladiators we saw are Greek warriors, because no matter how anachronistic these horns might be, they look pretty cool.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:14 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

Then again the Assassins Creed series never took this too seriously. I mean, look at their take on Janissaries -

vs

Still, I hope the Gladiators we saw are Greek warriors, because no matter how anachronistic these horns might be, they look pretty cool.
They can still be Greek because the Ptolemaic dynasty was Greek and I think Greek Soldiers did fight for them as they disliked using Natives heck the Battle of Raphia specifically talks about
Spoiler: Show
"Ptolemy owed his victory in part to having a properly equipped and trained native Egyptian phalanx which for the first time formed a large proportion of his phalangites, thus ending his manpower problems. "
"The battle of Raphia marked a turning-point in Ptolemaic history. The growth in influence of the native Egyptian element in 2nd-century Ptolemaic administration and culture, at first in the financial pressure aggravated by the cost of the war itself. The stele that recorded the convocation of priests at Memphis in November 217, to give thanks for the victory was inscribed in Greek and hieroglyphic and demotic Egyptian: in it, for the first time, Ptolemy is given full pharaonic honours in the Greek as well as the Egyptian texts; subsequently this became the norm."
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:53 am

Ghost13 wrote:

vs

They can still be Greek because the Ptolemaic dynasty was Greek and I think Greek Soldiers did fight for them as they disliked using Natives heck the Battle of Raphia specifically talks about
"Ptolemy owed his victory in part to having a properly equipped and trained native Egyptian phalanx which for the first time formed a large proportion of his phalangites, thus ending his manpower problems. "
"The battle of Raphia marked a turning-point in Ptolemaic history. The growth in influence of the native Egyptian element in 2nd-century Ptolemaic administration and culture, at first in the financial pressure aggravated by the cost of the war itself. The stele that recorded the convocation of priests at Memphis in November 217, to give thanks for the victory was inscribed in Greek and hieroglyphic and demotic Egyptian: in it, for the first time, Ptolemy is given full pharaonic honours in the Greek as well as the Egyptian texts; subsequently this became the norm."
But the battle of Raphia was 22 June 217 BC, how did the soldiers during the period of Marc Anthony, Ceasar and Cleopatra look? I always imagined late Ptolemaic infanty looking like this...alltough maybe those were only the less professional ones.

I also came across this weird combination of styles...

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/whi ... cG5n/?ref=
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:02 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

vs

But the battle of Raphia was 22 June 217 BC, how did the soldiers during the period of Marc Anthony, Ceasar and Cleopatra look? I always imagined late Ptolemaic infanty looking like this...alltough maybe those were only the less professional ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemaic_army
They were in Decline at the time of Caesar but they did undergo a romanization (which even the Seleucids did) before they were overtaken.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 am

Ghost13 wrote:

They were in Decline at the time of Caesar but they did undergo a romanization (which even the Seleucids did) before they were overtaken.
The army by the time of Caesar’s campaigns in the eastern Mediterranean was a mere shadow of its former self: generally, a highly disorganized assemblage of mercenaries and other foreign troops.
Hm, were these still romanized-hellenic looking? That first picture in the article is still not from Ceasar's time.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 am

Ghost13 wrote:

The army by the time of Caesar’s campaigns in the eastern Mediterranean was a mere shadow of its former self: generally, a highly disorganized assemblage of mercenaries and other foreign troops.
Hm, were these still romanized-hellenic looking? That first picture in the article is still not from Ceasar's time in Egypt.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
Ghost13 wrote:

Hm, were these still romanized-hellenic looking? That first picture in the article is still not from Ceasar's time in Egypt.
Going to Continue this in the History thread
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Possible Roman shields on the side of it at 0:43
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm
Ghost13 wrote:

Going to Continue this in the History thread
Great idea :)
Possible Roman shields on the side of it at 0:43
Right, they look very Roman.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 pm

North West in the map "Roman Wall"
0 x
Hail to the King Baby