Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:18 am

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Metro Exodus

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am

At first, i thought it was going to be a different character, but apparently it's Artyom again, with Anna in tow as well.

Obviously, the tone and atmosphere is getting an overhaul and i'm actually ok with that.

Metro 2033 and Last Light wrapped up the previous story well and now they should move on to a new one and it looks like maybe they are going for a world reclaiming shtick here.

I'd like that and i'd like co-op campaign ability with Anna.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: Metro Exodus

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 am

“First and foremost we’re not moving away from the classic linear Metro gameplay,” executive producer Jon Bloch told PCGamesN. “We still have that, but what what we’re doing with this new gameplay is more like sandbox survival.”

So, like Stalker, there are still these large areas to explore, but it’s less aimless.

“There’s large levels that offer a lot more freedom, they’re non-linear, but we will have a story wrapped into them,” Bloch explained. “So the story will carry through across the non-linear and linear levels.”
http://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-isn ... orld-game/

This is a good direction for them to take, especially since they are making a big deal of finally going back up onto the surface proper. Metro's linearity worked well in a game that was at points literally on rails, but if you are going to retake and explore the outside, it should be a large non-linear environment with linear objectives that you can approach however you wish.

Showed the trailer to my SO. While not one for the FPS violence she really liked the atmosphere, environment and feel of it.
Really hope they add a co-op element, so we can roleplay as Anna and Artyom. Sure would give the two characters more character that way.
0 x