The Embarrassment of Batman

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

The Embarrassment of Batman

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:13 pm

I got introduced to DC through Batman first and it became an obsession. It was the '89 film and years later I started reading his comics. Didn't think much about WW, but I started to during my early 20s. Then I came across this book where her foot is placed on him in not just the cover, but in full page format. I read it once and, honestly, didn't care. What made me care were its stans.

The thing about Wonder Woman, unfortunately, is a lot of her books aren't good or just downright unreadable. A man-disliking society full of women and just all the feminist shit in general, a lasso as a weapon that doesn't fit the kind of character she is which has a very weird reason behind why she has it, a love interest that nobody cares about, and some of the rogues like Ares, Circe, Giganta are good, but not iconic like Bane, Joker, or Lex and Doomsday. A lot of characters like Batman and Superman have bad runs, but with Wondy? It's the usual thing. You can do some good stuff with her sometimes, but making her beat up others that are much more popular barely helps because she still struggled to get a movie, a new TV series, and an animated series to this day. The Dark Knight Returns embarrasses Superman no doubt as well as Batman. At least in that book, Miller took care of the fact that Bruce is going up against someone whose skin density level is over 9,000.

I don't like this book. Rucka comes off as a massive cuck for Diana, especially with getting an artist kicked out over a very minor thing in recent years? It also feels like he tried to crawl his way back into the hearts of Batman fans with that Brother EYE story line. There would absolutely, positively be World War III if that was Batman's foot on her as clear as day. That's guaranteed. Men and women are not equal and they never will be. It's good to have people around who don't think the same as you do...unless you dream about living in the Twilight Zone...which a lot of SJWs and overly sensitive people are fighting for! Men are treated super unfairly in America. We have to give women our money in divorce, pay child support, and false rape accusations. Just a bunch of life-ruining bullshit. Society favors the female.

Because of that we'll probably never get a one shot about Batman embarrassing Wonder WOMAN in combat like this. I'd love to hear what good women who don't make it their life's mission to walk all over a man and be above him think about books like hiketeia and league of one. One would say Bruce and Clark could do the same and run through the Justice League like she did and they'd be missing my point. Obviously, Bruce would have to think about it but the thing itself is not impossible for him. He's a super genius and could build something to trap them back in time or transport them to another universe where that world is on the verge of dying. Batman isn't just some dude who catches bank robbers and serial killers. The man can do a LOT more than that.

Knowledge is power. Real power. Not just strength or speed. Batman gets knowledge better than anyone on earth. That's his super power. His brain. He's terrifying and could cause some real damage to Diana like she would to him if she went all out. Batman went into this fight unprepared and lost because it's a Wonder Woman book. I would've at least liked to see him wear a special suit because after that first encounter of trying to bring that girl back to Gotham fails....bruh. He still would've lost, sure, but he came prepared! Maybe a device, some power gloves, anything to give him a damn edge! Of course I can accept Batman losing. He's fought just about every kind of threat. You win some and lose some. But embarrassing Batman and making him kiss Diana's leg, and mainly being just a big ass girl power story.... It doesn't help neither character. Some people only see a woman stomping a man and that's all they needed to see to fall in love and pick this up as quickly as possible before realizing anything else.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Re: The Embarrassment of Batman

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:29 am

I really think both bruce and diana are trad cons. You might think I am crazy as you know we do not live in a patriachy it has been a gynocracy since at least 1920 or even earlier. A true matriarchy is not necessary unless you truly despise men aka modern 3rd wave feminists. The smart women knew they always had the advantage. We men enjoy pleasing women as long as their is respect which there is none nowadays. At first they butted heads because they are both alphas they naturally gravitate towards each other you can see it when they are around each other. But what about clark well he just does not have the same goals as diana he rather live at the farm if he could and be with the woman he loves lois which is great. That is why catwoman is elevated they know she disrespects the dark knight refuses to see his point and so on they enjoy that. But with Diana she is written like at first she disrespected or thought men useless but over the years learned to respect and even admire some like bruce and clark. That is why catwoman is more popular and they want to pair him with selina because she is the modern feminist . Others see here through the old golden age glasses but that is not how she is written today. If she was she would quit being a theif and try to reform but that will mean she is compromising herself to a man which they feminists do not like. They just do not have the same interests and goals to make a long term relationship work. Surprsingly the amazon princess does with the dark knight. They truly complement each other respect and admire one another like a truly happy couple should that is another reason they do not want them together in print maybe they know that conciously or not but either way they have a feel about it that is why they try to discourage that idea even if regular people see it. That is why trevor never worked he was a true beta and women even alpha ones are not attracted to that. Well that is my opinion on this. Also DIana is gorgeous and bruce trusts her more than anyone including herself. Though clark has no problem with fighting her physically because she can take it. When it comes to mental things bruce is a master of that and he cares for her and subconciously refuses to do those things to her to win. I think in a way they both know secretly that is the case which sometimes annoys diana but makes her surprisingly happy and endured to bruce at the same time for that reason. Well that is my theory on this anyways.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 am

Also he trusts diana like no other more than himself also with selina he is more okay fighting her because she is crazy and with diana you do not get that vibe even if she has superpowers that is why if he does ever fight her more seriously it hurts him more weird but true. If a lady acts like a lady you feel more guilty being mean to her than if she is being mean to you
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 pm

I get your not liking what is going on with Batman but please refrain from turning this forum into a political debate about feminism in comics. Yes it sucks that Batman AND Wonder Woman (and sorry but WW has gotten the shaft for way longer than BM) get mistreated by writers. Try to keep it on stories and post your political narrative on the politics thread.
1 x
FU DC

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm

DaisyJane wrote:
I get your not liking what is going on with Batman but please refrain from turning this forum into a political debate about feminism in comics. Yes it sucks that Batman AND Wonder Woman (and sorry but WW has gotten the shaft for way longer than BM) get mistreated by writers. Try to keep it on stories and post your political narrative on the politics thread.
Got it. Sorry. Just needed to vent.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm

DaisyJane wrote:
Yeah, it feels like they let any new writer to completely redo everything about Diana's character whenever they want. Its kind of what Marvel does with the Hulk. She can easily be completely unrecognizable as the same character between authors.
Also I think I've been partially responsible for some of the modern politics leaking into the forum, and for that I'm sorry. Will try and keep that out of discussions from now on.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.