Wonderbat Blues

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
The_GD_Patman
Titan

Re: Wonderbat Blues

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:25 pm

eurongreyo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:08 am
So I accidentaly came across the last mention of wonderbat before the NU52. This was published in June of 2011 and the reboot happened in July. Its kinda weird its mentioned just one month before completely going the opposite way.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/JLA-80 ... =153595#61

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/JLA-80 ... =153595#62

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/JLA-80 ... =153595#63
It was a simpler time, it was a better time. Lol.

I agree the timing is a little interesting here... A last effort to cash in perhaps?
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ISAK
Titan

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:48 pm

It's the 80-page JLA thing, isn't? These type of comics are mostly written and drawn by newbies and have little oversight, and i guess with the reboot thing they were hardly paying attention to things. So the writer probably wrote BMWW in it since back then that's just how most people viewed Batman and Wonder Woman: as an item.
1 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm

That 80-page JLA book gave me both Bruce/Diana and Bruce/Zee, my two absolute favorite (and only) ships for Bruce (those and Talia if they wanted to go with an evil love interest). How the times have changed. This is telling of how easily influenced people are by the current storylines in comics, no matter how garbage they might be. Ever since Rebirth started all you see from any writer is BatCat all because of King's and DC's efforts to push the ship and Catwoman.

DC did a similar thing last year where they published a book with new talents on writing, and that book was all Catwoman and Steve Trevor. It cannot be understated how short the memory of comic book readers is. Ten years ago nobody even cared for BatCat or WWST, but now suddenly they're all anyone is talking about. Can't wait until the collective consciousnesses of the comic book industry cycles forward to the next stage. Perhaps then we can return to how things were pre N52.
1 x

ISAK
Titan

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:44 pm

I just learned that originally that in the Justice League episodes of the Batman Beyond cartoon Wonder Woman would be one of the characters in the roster, with Old Bruce and Diana kinda being romantically linked still, but because of licensing reasons they had to change her for Big Barda. So that bummed me out.
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:23 am

ISAK wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:44 pm
I just learned that originally that in the Justice League episodes of the Batman Beyond cartoon Wonder Woman would be one of the characters in the roster, with Old Bruce and Diana kinda being romantically linked still, but because of licensing reasons they had to change her for Big Barda. So that bummed me out.
If that were the case we wouldnt have gotten those shitty JL Beyond comics where Diana left Bruce for Lord Batman. /sigh
1 x