Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
User avatar
LSZero
Justice League
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:21 pm
Justice League Membership: Red-X [Unknown]
x 8

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 am

CrazyPhenom wrote:Dont kids under 18 vote for that? Because that is our exact issue, marketing to adolescents going wohooo supersex and superdudebro. If they'd won an Eisner that would be something
I think its teachers, librarians, and the kids. I think there's a separate prize for just kids.
0 x
ImageImage

no avatar
CrazyPhenom
Justice League
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 pm
Justice League Membership: Maxwell Lord
x 56

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:50 am

This is what the website says.
The Stan Lee Excelsior Award is the only nationwide book award for graphic novels and manga - where kids aged 11-16 decide the winner by rating each book as they read it!
Teaches and librarians might still be voting on it, but it has to be heavily weighted in order to compensate for the numbers. And they vote on a pre selected 8 book shortlist, criteria for the shortlist includes popularity.

There is a separate award called JABBICA, voted by librarians.
0 x
Yup... Its 5AM.

"Grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester Nimitz

JL Member: Maxwell Lord

User avatar
adenjones93
Justice League
Posts: 2661
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm
Justice League Membership: Flash (Wally West)
Location: Lincoln, United Kingdom
x 16

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:01 am

LSZero wrote:
Gothamazon wrote:Lovely, DJ!

Now, does anyone need a recap on what happens on SMWW now in their sad book? Cos I don't want to pay for the book, but I know that they were in Smallville (or was it Kansas?) fighting some bad guys after Diana flew Kon... I mean Clark there. But on the other hand, the Diana in Justice League cared for Clark just like the old Diana cared for Kal El.

Perhaps Susan Eisenberg did manage to talk to Geoff Johns...
Smallville is IN Kansas. But right now, since Clark secret identity has been revealed, is being targeted by the military so they send in the Suicide Squad. You know, as much as this forum hates SMWW, they actually won the Excelsior Award, which means that over 80+ schools actually voted for this book...
You may have heard the word ''bribing'' before.
0 x
Damian Wayne is the worst character ever.


That is all.

User avatar
LSZero
Justice League
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:21 pm
Justice League Membership: Red-X [Unknown]
x 8

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 am

CrazyPhenom wrote:This is what the website says.
The Stan Lee Excelsior Award is the only nationwide book award for graphic novels and manga - where kids aged 11-16 decide the winner by rating each book as they read it!
Teaches and librarians might still be voting on it, but it has to be heavily weighted in order to compensate for the numbers. And they vote on a pre selected 8 book shortlist, criteria for the shortlist includes popularity.

There is a separate award called JABBICA, voted by librarians.
I always wonder how I never heard of any of this award. Oh, well :huh: *We really should have a shrug emoticon*
PS- What do you guys think about the Round Robin we have going on right now? I would like to get your guys take on this and also for some to pitch in with the story as well.
0 x
ImageImage

User avatar
Martus
Justice League
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 am
Justice League Membership: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Location: Queens, New York
x 5

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:10 am

Its ok..i'm into it cause you guys wrote it, i stopped looking into any fic related with n52 except this and batwheelz'
0 x
Jordan is one of the toughest ring slingers in the core nothing can take him down easily ¤ -Kilowog

no avatar
CrazyPhenom
Justice League
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 pm
Justice League Membership: Maxwell Lord
x 56

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:34 am

I love it. It kinda got interesting after that mini-cliffy too. I've always been a fan of 1on1 character interaction/banter type of stuff. As for the pitching in part, I have so little artistic talent that its actually funny, I got a PM criticized for its flow once.

Though, dont try to pull any extra Zana-Bruce shenanigans :D
0 x
Yup... Its 5AM.

"Grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." - Chester Nimitz

JL Member: Maxwell Lord

User avatar
LSZero
Justice League
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:21 pm
Justice League Membership: Red-X [Unknown]
x 8

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:57 am

CrazyPhenom wrote:I love it. It kinda got interesting after that mini-cliffy too. I've always been a fan of 1on1 character interaction/banter type of stuff. As for the pitching in part, I have so little artistic talent that its actually funny, I got a PM criticized for its flow once.

Though, dont try to pull any extra Zana-Bruce shenanigans :D
I can't promise that I won't pull at least one more :devil: But on a serious note, I wanted to give Bruce someone else for the time being since I didn't want him to have that doormat personality (I just hate those types) or hopelessly in love person that will pounce when his two friends (Diana/Clark) break up. So in big picture, I tried to give this a SMWW and BMZZ past and try to head it into BMWW future while also having Bruce being supportive of his friends.

On another note, this seems like a great exercise for me to kick off some rust pertaining to my writing.
0 x
ImageImage

User avatar
adenjones93
Justice League
Posts: 2661
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm
Justice League Membership: Flash (Wally West)
Location: Lincoln, United Kingdom
x 16

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

LSZero wrote:
CrazyPhenom wrote:This is what the website says.
The Stan Lee Excelsior Award is the only nationwide book award for graphic novels and manga - where kids aged 11-16 decide the winner by rating each book as they read it!
Teaches and librarians might still be voting on it, but it has to be heavily weighted in order to compensate for the numbers. And they vote on a pre selected 8 book shortlist, criteria for the shortlist includes popularity.

There is a separate award called JABBICA, voted by librarians.
I always wonder how I never heard of any of this award. Oh, well :huh: *We really should have a shrug emoticon*
PS- What do you guys think about the Round Robin we have going on right now? I would like to get your guys take on this and also for some to pitch in with the story as well.

Loooooooooooooooooving it!!! You guys are too talented..
0 x
Damian Wayne is the worst character ever.


That is all.

User avatar
Grendle1853
Justice League
Posts: 7630
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter
Location: Harrisburg
x 77

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:36 am

What have I done?! If we're going to keep this up, we should move this to fanfiction section.
0 x
Image
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

User avatar
DaisyJane
Justice League
Posts: 6368
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy
Location: Los Angeles
x 239
Contact:

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:43 am

I would also like to move Diana away from her crappy Nu52 portrayal. Make her realize that a big part of her relationship with Clark was mutual loneliness. She was rebounding from Steve too. She should deal with those feelings. Also maybe show that Clark has feelings for Lana as they both go to rescue her. We don't have to follow the comics. Idea is to make all the characters better including Superman.
0 x
FU DC

User avatar
LSZero
Justice League
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:21 pm
Justice League Membership: Red-X [Unknown]
x 8

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:57 am

Grendle1853 wrote:What have I done?! If we're going to keep this up, we should move this to fanfiction section.
Probably a wise decision, although I never tried a Round Robin before.
DaisyJane wrote:I would also like to move Diana away from her crappy Nu52 portrayal. Make her realize that a big part of her relationship with Clark was mutual loneliness. She was rebounding from Steve too. She should deal with those feelings. Also maybe show that Clark has feelings for Lana as they both go to rescue her. We don't have to follow the comics. Idea is to make all the characters better including Superman.
Thing about that DJ is that I'm already thinking of letting Clark keep his secret identity. I want to keep some stuff from the comics away from this so its not so complicated that it feels like we are just fixing what we think is wrong with New 52. I'm taking stuff from New 52 as template for some of the characters so it looks like they are developing and growing. Also, sad for me to say this, but I'm keeping the brooding Clark for the next update so any one of us can develop him into the hopeful superhero that we know and love. And I don't know about Lana. I guess if you want to go after me, you can delve into that because I don't have a grasp on her character enough for me to use her properly.
0 x
ImageImage

User avatar
DaisyJane
Justice League
Posts: 6368
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy
Location: Los Angeles
x 239
Contact:

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Sure he can keep his identity, and he probably should be kind of brooding as he is realizing that what he and Diana have is not working. Just don't make Diana pathetic. BTW I will move the story to a new thread. Also I encourage other to post.
0 x
FU DC

User avatar
Bickerton
Justice League
Posts: 5392
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 pm
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]
Location: Southern California
x 21

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 pm

adenjones93 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:56 pm
You are given a rare chance for all BMWW fans, a chance to put them both together in the main comics. So you are in charge of killing of the SMWW romance for starters and then putting BMWW together. How would you do it?

Take all that has happened in the New 52 up until Convergence and plan out from then how would you get them together?

Nothing in detail, could bullet point it out if needs be but it would be interesting to hear what you would do.
okay so i spend a lot of time alone at work and because of that i think of a lot of story ideas( Hell i came up with a batman wonder woman movie pitch and four justice leagues movies in a week.) And for i while now i have been thinking of ways to get Bruce and Diana together in the post rebirth continuity.

So this is how I would do it. I would set it after the events of doomdays clock..( I am not caught up with doomdays clock and I have no idea the effects it will have on dc , But like all major comic books events its not gonna matter in a couple of months/years) Bruce and Diana are both single and it would be Clark how sets them up on a blind date. neither one of them would like they idea at first on going on a blind date But because its Clark they trust him go. and they hit it off and just start dating form there.

I have a whole story about this pitch. what you guys think?
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

User avatar
The_GD_Patman
Titan
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Michigan
x 37

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:43 am

Bickerton wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 pm
adenjones93 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:56 pm
You are given a rare chance for all BMWW fans, a chance to put them both together in the main comics. So you are in charge of killing of the SMWW romance for starters and then putting BMWW together. How would you do it?

Take all that has happened in the New 52 up until Convergence and plan out from then how would you get them together?

Nothing in detail, could bullet point it out if needs be but it would be interesting to hear what you would do.
okay so i spend a lot of time alone at work and because of that i think of a lot of story ideas( Hell i came up with a batman wonder woman movie pitch and four justice leagues movies in a week.) And for i while now i have been thinking of ways to get Bruce and Diana together in the post rebirth continuity.

So this is how I would do it. I would set it after the events of doomdays clock..( I am not caught up with doomdays clock and I have no idea the effects it will have on dc , But like all major comic books events its not gonna matter in a couple of months/years) Bruce and Diana are both single and it would be Clark how sets them up on a blind date. neither one of them would like they idea at first on going on a blind date But because its Clark they trust him go. and they hit it off and just start dating form there.

I have a whole story about this pitch. what you guys think?
I like that idea. Lots of room to have fun with the characterization.
1 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

User avatar
ARB
Justice League
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm
x 494

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am

Bickerton wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 pm
okay so i spend a lot of time alone at work and because of that i think of a lot of story ideas( Hell i came up with a batman wonder woman movie pitch and four justice leagues movies in a week.) And for i while now i have been thinking of ways to get Bruce and Diana together in the post rebirth continuity.

So this is how I would do it. I would set it after the events of doomdays clock..( I am not caught up with doomdays clock and I have no idea the effects it will have on dc , But like all major comic books events its not gonna matter in a couple of months/years) Bruce and Diana are both single and it would be Clark how sets them up on a blind date. neither one of them would like they idea at first on going on a blind date But because its Clark they trust him go. and they hit it off and just start dating form there.

I have a whole story about this pitch. what you guys think?
There are worse ways to spend your time at work than thinking about WonderBat stories. Honestly, there are many ways to set up WonderBat very easily, even in Rebirth. the New 52 was a radioactive time period for the relationship because SMWW poisons any potential possibility of Diana and Bruce having anything resembling a friendship, let alone a romantic relationship. In Rebirth however that problem doesn't exist. BatCat is tanking so hard to the point that many people are expressing exasperation at the continued existence of it and how much it ruined Batman's post Rebirth books. Steve is Steve, so he could literally die tomorrow and no one would even realize he's no longer appearing in the comics.

So to be frank if the intent was there I can see WonderBat blossoming very easily in a very natural way. I like your idea of using Doomsday Clock. The book indicates Bruce is single anyway (which is 100% the case), and Steve has barely any presence as it is, so he's not a problem. Post Doomsday Clock, Diana and Bruce are both single, Bruce is in a good place in his life, preferably having put all of King's BS behind him (or better yet, not acknowledged at all). You can either show the relationship starting, or even simply show that the two are together already (very unlikely, and not optimal given the expected response). Still ideally I would love to have more stories that build the deep rapport that Diana and Bruce used to have pre N52 before moving ahead with anything, as the long standing, slow burn chemistry between the two is the main reason that makes WonderBat so unique and so good.
1 x
Image

User avatar
RadicalLogic
Teen Titan
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:52 am
x 38

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 am

I have to admit, I once entertained the idea of writing a fic to troll hardcore SM/WW fans in a way. As I found most of them (when they are honest) to be really all about the Man of Steel, I figured that it would be perfect to write a story that characterizes Superman in a way that would most appeal to them - uber-powerful, skilled fighter, the genius guy, always kicking ass and shooting off one-liners, the charismatic leader that has everyone else kiss his ass, possessing all kinds of cool, advanced space tech and forgoing the whole Lois Lane deal in order to be some kind of handsome mega-rockstar who bangs beautiful superheroines/supervillainesses on the regular because he is so virile...and then have Bruce and Diana end up together while Clark goes for Lana Lang or La Encantadora or something. Just to see the reaction and the gears spinning in their heads to reconcile one idea that they love and one that they hate. Lure them in with tiny SM/WW hints at first, then drop the hammer.

I eventually reconsidered as it being a bit too petty and mean-spirited but it was a fun thought.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

User avatar
Bickerton
Justice League
Posts: 5392
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 pm
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]
Location: Southern California
x 21

Re: Hypothetical Situation Time #2

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:51 pm

RadicalLogic wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 am
I have to admit, I once entertained the idea of writing a fic to troll hardcore SM/WW fans in a way. As I found most of them (when they are honest) to be really all about the Man of Steel, I figured that it would be perfect to write a story that characterizes Superman in a way that would most appeal to them - uber-powerful, skilled fighter, the genius guy, always kicking ass and shooting off one-liners, the charismatic leader that has everyone else kiss his ass, possessing all kinds of cool, advanced space tech and forgoing the whole Lois Lane deal in order to be some kind of handsome mega-rockstar who bangs beautiful superheroines/supervillainesses on the regular because he is so virile...and then have Bruce and Diana end up together while Clark goes for Lana Lang or La Encantadora or something. Just to see the reaction and the gears spinning in their heads to reconcile one idea that they love and one that they hate. Lure them in with tiny SM/WW hints at first, then drop the hammer.

I eventually reconsidered as it being a bit too petty and mean-spirited but it was a fun thought.
Some one all ready wrote that fan fic don t remember the name of it. But the writer rewrote the worlds finest episode and Bruce and Lois stay together and then paired up diana and clark. But at the end of fic Bruce ends up Diana and Clark with Lois.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests